Know about this? Rate It!
Teaser for Huayna Picchu
Being in Cuzco, Machu Picchu - South Americas most famous place - of course is on your list of places where you must go! .
Looking on the most common photos you see behind Macchu Picchu the steep, beautiful top of Huayna Picchu - the young mountain (Macchu Picchu = the old mountain).
If you have enough time on Macchu Picchu I recommend you to try to get up on top of Huayna Picchu.
Entry closes at 2 PM and you have to be out at 4 PM. You need 1 hour to get up, and 40 minutes to get down.
The ascent is around 400 m, it is very steep and narrow, but it is worth it! It gives a fine view from a different perspective than the usual. (See other page)
- Historical Travel
- National/State Park
Due to the magnitud of Machu Picchu, you tend to forget that Machu Picchu was not the Inca capital. We all know today that the capital was Cusco. Nevertheless, Machu Picchu is the best known Inca settlement in the world. No wonder! Machu Picchu is an amazing Inca city with amazing masonry and peculiar architectural techiques. This is one of the must-see wonders in the world. There is tons of info regarding Machu Picchu and the Inca trail on my Machu Picchu page.
(4 hours by train from Cusco to Aguascalientes, then under one hour by bus to the ruins; same timeing in reverse)
- Adventure Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Great room rates
Cusco Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Bicutan Hotels
- Raleigh Hotels
- Rosseau Lake Hotels
- Nea Kallikratia
- Fauntleroy Hotels
- Orlando Off The Beaten Path
- Iowa Off The Beaten Path
- Cabo San Lucas Off The Beaten Path
- Montreal Off The Beaten Path
- Thailand Off The Beaten Path
- Kansas City Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Berlin
- Asheville Off The Beaten Path
- Pennsylvania Off The Beaten Path
- Florence Off The Beaten Path
- Prague Off The Beaten Path
- Arkansas Off The Beaten Path