Tunupa, Cusco

• XKuger's Profile Photo

Tunupa: Tunupa - Nice Peruvian

by XKuger Written Apr 15, 2005

Street

This place has a very nice view of the Plaza from their restaurant. I decided to have the Buffet which was very pricy. They had a very large selection of different kinds of food. However me being a vegetarian my selection was limited.

However the buffet include a drink(which I didn't have) as well as a wide selection of desert and coffee.

Theye did have a live show but the main area of the restaurant was already full so I sat on the balcony and decide to enjoy the view instead.

Favorite Dish: Nothing in particular the food was only average. I found it to be too pricy as compared to many other places.

This was my first dinner in CUSCO so I did not know enough before I decided to eat in this restaturant

• AKtravelers's Profile Photo

Tunupu's Restaurant on the Plaza de Armas: Great Cusquena Food with Entertainment Thrown In

by AKtravelers Written Feb 26, 2005

Entertainment at Tunupu Restaurant

Tunupu's was recommended to us by the owner of our guesthouse in Cusco, and we're glad we listened to him. The upstairs dining room is decorated in a colonial motif and we got to sit by a warm fire (always appreciated on the cool wet days of February at this altitude). We ordered traditional Peruvian fare, including Lomo Saltado and got complementary Pisco Sours to go with our meal.
    Then, as we were finding everything completely delicious, a group of musicians took the stage, dressed in Andean clothes and sporting guitars and antars. Soon they were playing Peruvian songs and were occassionally accompanied by dancers. It was a fine evening.
    Even though this meal was probably expensive by Cuzco standars -- I'm sure you can find plenty of meals for under $10 -- it was cheap by North American standards, especially when you consider the high quality.

• Music

• Tunupa Restaurante: Good food - relatively expensive

by IamCdn Updated Dec 28, 2004

This restaurant was defnitely high-end for Cusco - well for Peru in general. Found in the main square, the Tunupa is very well-located and most definitely caters to tourists - we even saw an entire tour group (about 30 people) while we were there. The food was great (choose from the menu or buffet - large variety includes beef, chicken, seafood, rice, veggies etc.), the service was what could be expected from a high-end restaurant and the ambiance was warm, lively and enjoyable. We sat on the terrace overlooking the square and very much enjoyed this place, but if it's good value, an authentic Peruvian experience or an intimate little restaurant you're looking for, this isn't for you.

Favorite Dish: Dessert buffet was the best!

Instant Answers: Cusco