To Cusco by Bus, Cusco

Know about this? Rate It!

• Bus to town center from Cusco airport

by neverstoptravel Written Sep 26, 2011

For some backpackers, it's not always necessary to pay 10~15 soles to get a taxi from Cusco airport. Bus is an alternative. Exit the airport on your left, wait for bus C4M. It's a 30-minute ride and the bus will stop at the center of Cusco & in front of Church of San Pedro. It only costs you 0.16 Sol, or abt 6 cents.

• HELPINGINCUSCO's Profile Photo

Bus Cusco to La Paz Boliva

by HELPINGINCUSCO Written Jul 18, 2008

Hello dear adventure girl i am from Cusco and i live in Cusco , there are a lot of bus companies you can chose the best one and the hour to go La PAZ IF YOU like , i can help you imail me to mecaniloco@hotmail.com bye .
    Ròmulo .

• Singles

• JohnDNichols's Profile Photo

To and From La Paz / Turismo San Luis Bus Line

by JohnDNichols Written Jul 30, 2006

Travelers be warned of two possibilities if considering the bus service between La Paz (Bolivia) and Puno/Cuzco (Peru): 1) the dishonesty and deceitfulness among those selling the tickets and 2) the halt of all vehicle traffic when elections are being held in Bolivia. My wife and I had both occur to us on our trip, specifically with the bus line “Turismo San Luis” selling us tickets for cama seats from Cuzco to Puno (for an extra cost of 10 nuevos soles each) that ended up being only semi-cama, then further refusing to refund the tickets we purchased from them in advance for travel with the “Panamericano” bus line from Puno to La Paz when the Bolivian government shut down all traffic for its elections; no one seemed to be aware of (or wanted to admit) this problem when we purchased the bus tickets, and it nearly cost us missing our flight connection in La Paz.

This may sound like a couple of naïve travelers encountering the normal set of scams, so I should emphasize that we are usually quite wary of such rip-offs and had done a lot of research via guidebooks and various internet sites – which brings me to one last point: almost none of the information in the books re: which bus lines offer service between La Paz and Cuzco (or their times of departure) was accurate [ex. Ormeno no longer does this route at all]; apparently this route is so unstable and subject to change that not even the bus companies’ websites and themselves were correct.

So our only advice is to be more cautious and questioning in planning your trips if they should involve busing between La Paz and Cuzco. The scenery was beautiful and the comfort level adequate, one only needs to be more informed than we were.

Thank you for considering our input and good luck!

John & Holley Nichols

• VA_Dave's Profile Photo

Cusco to Ayachuco or Lima by Bus

by VA_Dave Updated Jun 11, 2005

We took buses from Cusco to Ayachuco (we flew from Ayachuco to Lima) in 2000, and it took several days over partially paved roads that were often only one lane wide. We were the only tourists on these buses and they were very nice (Mercedes). This is the territory that has spawned terrorist movements, so there were occasional security checkpoints where we gringos got special scrutiny.

If you are thinking about driving, I would leave the driving to the experts. Most of the driving is through the Andes and it is one hair pin turn after another. Each time the bus reached a turn on these one lane roads, it would sound its horn, and if it did not hear another horn, it would continue at full speed around the turn! There is a curtain that can be drawn by the bus driver so that the passengers can not see what is ahead and when things got exciting, the bus driver often shut the curtain so that the passengers would not get worried.

Maybe things have changed radically since I was there, but I doubt it.

I recommend this bus trip if you have lots of time.

• schlumpf's Profile Photo

The Inca-BUS

by schlumpf Written Nov 11, 2004

From Puno you can drop in a night bus that takes you to Cusco in 8-10hrs.

One thing you gotta remember is to take in the bus a sleeping bag as it will be very very very cold....

Anotehr thing to remember is that if you choose this way to reach Cusco, you will get in the city very early in the morning, so it would be better (but definitely not a MUST) to have an hotel accomodation already booked.

I took a company called "Pony express", quiet ok and also cheap, that leaves Puno central station at 08pm and gets to Cusco at 5Am

• chancay's Profile Photo

from Puno to Cuzco

by chancay Updated Jan 16, 2003

From Puno to Cuzco

ok, generally you travel with busses in Peru. There ara a lot of different bus agencies, ´better don´t choose the cheapest ones (or do you like stops for changing wheels or sleeping drivers...)...ok, I´m kidding, the most of the bus agencies in Peru I knew are quite good.
    The other way to travel long distancies is the airplane, there are airports in Lima, Cuzco, Juliaca, Arequipa, Loreto and a lot of more big towns, travelling by plane is not that expensive neither.
    Most beautiful and intersting of all is travelling from Puno to Cuzco or Cuzco to Arequipa by train. I recommand to do this!

• darthmilmo's Profile Photo

Long Distance Buses

by darthmilmo Updated Dec 15, 2002

Floating Island of Uros in Lake Titikaka,near Puno

There are plenty of buses to Cusco from all over Peru as well as a few from Bolivia. The cost per hour travel is about $1 USD, however, international and luxury buses cost extra. Traveling by bus is one of the best way to experience Peru: it is easy, affordable, and reliable (in most cases...hehehe).

Jungle Trip (Look at my Sepahua page for details, 2 days to reach the jungle by local bus and/or boat)

Arequipa (10 hours, overnight bus)

Puno (Lake Titikaka, about 8 hours, overnight bus)

Instant Answers: Cusco