Nazca Tourist Traps

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Nazca

• staindesign's Profile Photo

Pay to use the Airports, oh Please!

by staindesign Written Aug 12, 2009

Ok OK OK i should just get over this, perhaps it is the wording. It really annoys me to pay to "use" the airports in Peru. Sure I've been to countries where you have to pay to leave the country. But why can they just say it as is, a tax we charge because we can and want to!

The airport in Nasca they charge 20 soles, which averages out to be $6.70 USD. It is semi-annoying because it definitely isn't anything special, like a warehouse without doors and a few booths around the place for the different small airlines. But still I can deal with $7, big deal.

But lets talk about the Lima international airport, upon arrival there isn't a cost. Great. But when leaving once you pass through the first bout of security you get into a line where they are charging this "fee". This applies to domestic and international flights. The reason this is annoying is because there isn't any previous info regarding that passengers will need to pay this fee. I saw several people leave the area to go find an ATM, just to pay to get out of this country. And what really pisses me off is that there isn't a set fee, the guy ahead of me was going to Mexico the lady charged him $13. I step up to the window she checks my ticket, oh i see you are going to the US, that will be $31! What a rip off! Don't they realize it is normal people visiting their broke ass country, i'm by no means rich, plus i spent a ton of money supporting their economy on the trip! It is normal non rich people like myself are being held hostage to pay these out landish "fees"! The rich go to the caribbean or europe, don't they know that?!

I'd like to advise Peru, don't surprise people with these fees, lets just put it out in the open. If it is $31 for americans and i assume europeans fine, but put up a sign or something so it doesn't seem like your pulling a number out of the air when we are infront of the cashier window!

Unique Suggestions: Just remember to have money with you when you are leaving the country!

• dln6874's Profile Photo

Nasca day trip is not worth $130

by dln6874 Written Feb 14, 2003

I paid a $130 for the trip but I don't think it's worth it. If I break down what I got, here is what it should cost:

R/T bus ride - $20
    Hotel - $20
    Flight over Nasca lines - $50

Apparently, transport from bus to hotel, breakfast, etc. was all taken into acct, but you could have walked from the bus drop off to your hotel and I hardly count the 2 hard rolls as breakfast.

Unique Suggestions: For that price, you should be able to stay at the Nasca Lines Hotel, which at least has a pool and a good restaurant inside.

Fun Alternatives: It might be worth the price to get the whole thing organized for you, but if you have the time, plan it all yourself. All you need is a ride there, a cheap hotel (there's plenty of them around in Nasca), and a flight (there's enough tour operators there too).

Instant Answers: Nazca

Comments

Nazca Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Nazca tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nazca sightseeing.