La Rosa Nautica, Lima

• SirRichard's Profile Photo

La Rosa Nautica

by SirRichard Written Sep 22, 2005

Me at the terrace

La Rosa Nautica is a classical seafood restaurant in Miraflores beach. To go there, just tell the taxi driver the name, is famous. It is located on a pier right on the water, so you can have lunch at a terrace from where you see the surfers just 20 meters away catching waves!
    I think lunch time is better than at night, as the views are great, but it could be a romantic place at night too, dinner with candles and so...

Favorite Dish: I had a "Corvina al limoncello" (fish with lemon sauce) and a huge beer.

• cruisingbug's Profile Photo

La Rosa Nautica: Try the Ceviche!

by cruisingbug Updated Jan 19, 2005

La Rosa Nautica, Lima, Peru

La Rosa Nautica is one of the most exclusive restaurants in Lima. The restaurant is built on pilings out away from the shore and literally sits on top of the pounding waves. While you eat, you can watch surfers and beachgoers, and feel the waves pass beneath the floor.

Also, as you make your way out to the restaurant, along the pier, are little souvenir shops. Most likely overpriced, and they weren't open when we were there (Saturday lunch).

Favorite Dish: Try the ceviche! I'd had this dish before, but not Peruvian style. It was quite good, and comes as both an appetizer or a main dish (main dish size costs about $10). I couldn't get enough of it. And the little sweet potatoes that come alongside are the sweetest you'll ever taste. Wish I could have brought some of those home.

• cbeaujean's Profile Photo

la rosa nautica: style "brighton 1900"..escapade for loving people!

by cbeaujean Updated Oct 24, 2003

la rosa nautica

built on piles.
    superb,nice,perfect taste.
    inside,a lot of flowers.
    full of nooks and crannies for intimity with views on the ocean

Favorite Dish: fish and seafood,mainly....
    taste,among a great choice,
    la parihuela,el seco de corvina,la corvina chorrillana (spiced)...

• thebeatsurrender's Profile Photo

La Rosa Nautica: La Rosa Nautica

by thebeatsurrender Updated Jun 15, 2007

The food was good, but rather forgettable -- I can't really remember what I ate. We all ordered some kind of fish and a chocolate souffle. I think I had the swordfish and we shared a cebiche appetizer. Apparently it's kind of a production when they serve the souffles, but I wouldn't know because the waiter decided to serve it when I was taking a bathroom break. Everyone says this place was really cheap for the quality of food, but to me it was a moderate price (expensive for Peru) for a moderate meal. Watch out for all the taxes and tip they add to the bill.

Pros: Yummy food and absolutely beautiful location on a pier
    Cons: Not spectacular food and not that great service. Also, you can catch a cheap cab there from town, but all the cabs going back to town will charge you way to much.

Favorite Dish: the ceviche appetizer was really yummy, by far the best part of the meal. Even so, it wasn't even the best ceviche I had on this trip. The best ceviche I had in Lima was at a tiny restaurant next to where we did the laundry, and that was much cheaper.

• La Rosa Nautica: Good Food in Backward Environment of LaRosaNautica

by PatricDePalier Written Apr 15, 2008

I have visited La Rosa Nautica with my Peruvian female colleague. I was quietly surprised over this experience. Firstly, our menu didn't include prices, including wine list. Prices were left as surprise for later when I signed my credit card bill. Second, we were served by very poorly English-speaking busboys, not by appropriately dressed, bi-lingual, waiters, as all other tables were. Thirdly, it was impossible to get attention of our server to request additional service, including our bill, that - after 30 minutes of waiting - I had to get up and walk to the receptionist and request it in person.

My colleague brought to my attention few days later, that the reason for poor service was her presence. She is dark complexion Peruvian and such people are not expected to frequent these "high end" places designed for foreigns and upper crust Peruvian society. Coming from a highly developed country myself, I felt obligated to apologize to her for this negative experience that I recognize only from history books. I think, I will skip La Rosa Nautica next time...

Favorite Dish: Appeitzer

• sfphototraveller's Profile Photo

La Rosa Nautica: Great food,Great view of ocean waves.

by sfphototraveller Updated Feb 20, 2008

Pic of Rosa Nautica from beach.

Great seafood. Great view.This place is built over the water you can hear the waves crash as you eat. You can feel the vibrations from the waves as it hit the piers of the Restaruant.
    The pics are of the Restaruant from Larcormar shopping Mall and the other is from the Mall of the Restaruant and the third is from the Beach going to the Restaruant. The fourth pic is by the beach of the Restaruant of the mountain top where there are condos for sale.

Favorite Dish: Seafood.

• lashr1999's Profile Photo

La Rosa Nautica: La Rosa Nautica

by lashr1999 Updated May 7, 2006

La Rosa Nautica

While walking in the Miraflores area I saw a Victorian styled restaurant at the end of a pier. I knew it was probably expensive so I did not go that day. After a city tour my final day, I decided to treat myself to the restaurant before my flight out. I was apprehensive about entering the restaurant sine I was wearing jeans and a tee shirt but the cab driver said it would be ok. When I arrived at the restaurant around lunch time I was at ease since half of the people were dressed to the 9’s and the other half were dressed like I was.

I was seated in a spot with an excellent view of the ocean. While eating I could see the surfers and watch the beachgoers on the shore, all the while listening to the waves pounding underneath the restaurant.

The restaurant was very elegant with it’s white table cloths and napkins. There are green trees and plants around the restaurant. I believe every seat in the restaurant has a good view of the ocean.

The service in the restaurant was excellent. My water was always full and I was given fresh bread while I waited for my main course. You could see the waiters communicate with each other with their headphone walkie talkies to bring things right away. For my main course I ordered a chicken dish with cheese stuffed in it. For a side dish I received vegetables and these fried mash potatoes sticks that were excellent. Everything was presented nicely.

My only mistake was ordering the dessert Rosa Náutica’s chocolate soufflé with Grand Marnier sauce that would take 20 minutes to make. I was told this beforehand and the wait was not too bad since I went to the second floor to take in the view for 10 minutes while I waited. The dessert was ok but not as good as the main course. I think a better choice may have been the chocolate with lemon and berry sauce.

The Rosa Nautica is relatively expensive for Peruvian standards at least but the service, food and views were worth it. For those who want to know, it cost me $45 for the main dish, dessert and a glass of wine.

• Strad's Profile Photo

Cusco's Colorful San Pedro Market: Delicious Food stands & good price

by Strad Updated Nov 13, 2013

Full of local people, benches surround stands

Dispite the media and local security guards warning, we found it extremely safe and secure in wandering around that market place, foods are extremely cheap, full of local people, just a few of us tourist. Spanish speaking in communication at all time, is a must, and of course, body language is a plus, just point to what you want or sit down and eat. lol

Favorite Dish: Beef rib soup, lamb head soup, chicken noodle soup are must try! Pasta and fish dish are the best!

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

La Rosa Nautica: Tantalizing View

by grandmaR Updated Feb 15, 2009

From the bus on the cliff

We only got to see this as we drove past up on the cliff, and I was on the wrong side of the bus to get a very good picture.

Favorite Dish: Classics

Florentine chicken breast,
    with a sweet and sour sauco sauce, accompanied with nut rice

Chicken saltimbocca al pomodoro,
    chicken breast stuffed with prosciutto and mozzarella, served
    with spaghetti in Alfredo sauce

Duck confit, languedoc style,
    for tender, with warm lentils, garlic and parsley salad,
    in an aged wine vinegar reduction

New Specials

Mandarin chicken,
    with curazao liquor, stuffed with nuts and roquefort cheese,
    garnished with duquesa potatoes, carrots and sautéed spinachs

Chicken breast cooked over charcoal,
    with oven cooked vegetables, garnished with pilaf rice
    in a capers creamy sauce

Duck magret from Pachacamac,
    cooked and carved at the height of perfection, over a
    sauco berries sauce, garnished with oven cooked potatoes gratin

~
    Classics

“Conejo a la cazadora”,
    stewed in a cognac and port sauce, with fresh tarragon reduction in
    a golden glaze of baby onions, mushrooms and smoked bacon, garnished
    with a vegetables pilaf rice from our farm and fried yellow potatoes slices

Roasted lamb “Ossobuco”,
    with risotto milanese, vegetables and parmesan cheese

“Lomo Saltado” with Pisco,
    with rice and peruvian corn kernels, yellow french fries, and fried egg

New Specials

“Saltado de Langostino”,
    with rice and peruvian corn kernels, yellow potato french fries,
    and fried egg

• La Rosa Nautica: Excellent Ceviche

by boboberg Written Jun 19, 2008

My girlfriend and I ate at La Rosa Nautica 3 times and we never had a bad experience.The waiters are attentive the seafood especially the lobster and ceviche are outstanding and the ambiance is incredible. Mark Montgomery

Favorite Dish: The lobster is the best

• jpizquierdo's Profile Photo

La Rosa Nautica: to expensive for what i´ve got

by jpizquierdo Written Jun 19, 2006

It was to expensive for me, I´m used to be on expensive restaurants, but this doesnt worth it, this is my second time on the rosa nautica, and both times the same sensation. a lot of waiters, but nobody has an idea if i was on starters or on dessert. i asked for a Sauvignon blanc and they give me a Chardonnay ( without telling me ) after i notice i told the waiter that he mistake and he told me that they dont have any more sauv blanc by glass and he decided to bring me the other ( without telling me ) the only thing i can rescue from this place is the octopus with yellow chillies.

• jglsongs's Profile Photo

La Rosa Nautica: hands down - the best restaurant in Lima

by jglsongs Written Aug 7, 2005
    La Rosa Nautica restaurant, Lima

Rosa Nautica fulfills all senses: taste - probably one of the best restaurants in all of South America; sight - the waves break beneath your table; smell - between the aromas from the kitchen and the salt air, it's heaven.

Favorite Dish: Any seafood dish is a winner - go for broke and have ceviche as an appetizer and another seafood dish as the main course.

• La Rosa Nautica: Don't drink the water!

by hsassa Written Dec 29, 2009

While the food was fairly good and the prices high but not astronomical, the service was mediocre. The cocktails were good. We had a good bottle of wine that was reasonably priced. As an example of the service, we ordered two soups, two salads and two entrees. To start they brought two soups and one salad. What were they thinking?? While the site is potentially romantic, Lima is virtually always shrouded in smog, so you will never see the sunset. The worst, however, was that they poured "filtered" water that turned out to be from the tap! After a month in South America without a water drinking mishap, on our last night we both caught the runs from drinking water at a top restaurant. I would not return.

• VolsUT's Profile Photo

La Rosa Nautica: Best resturant in lima

by VolsUT Updated Mar 13, 2006

The Inside

The is the nicest resturant in Lima and not very expencive by american standards only around $30 a meal and is well worth it. Located over the ocean with a great view of the city
    in the distance.

Instant Answers: Lima

Comments

Hotels Near La Rosa Nautica