Puno Warnings and Dangers

Best Rated Warnings and Dangers in Puno

• Regibus's Profile Photo

La PUNA!!! Altitude

by Regibus Written Sep 21, 2005

OMG! Tatio didnt bother me at all, but Lake Titikaka is the worlds highest navigable river. 12,500 feet! I went from sea-level to 12,500 in less than 24 hrs. I got into the bus station at Puno and I was overcome with altitude sickness. I could hardly think. I couldn't feel my fingers. Fortunately there's a policlinico in the bus station. I went to the desk and asked the lady behind the counter if there was anything she could give me, when suddenly, I couldnt stand any more. She took me in the back, gave me oxygen and called the doctor. He was EXTREMELY nice!! I took Coco tea and some other drugs and oxygen.
    BEWARE of la PUNA! I was told by others that it takes about 5 days to adjust.

• Fake police!

by snoopkelev Written Dec 21, 2004

I was on my way from Cuzco to Puno on a bus overnight and had my backpack stolen by crooked cops. they entered the bus while everyone was sleeping and stole 4 items from the bus. one of those items was my backpack full of my items such as my wallet, mp3 player, and camera batteries. even the tourist police would not help me when i attempted to make a police report. BE CAREFUL!

• schlumpf's Profile Photo

Sun? It burns!!!

by schlumpf Written Dec 17, 2004

Just arrived in Isla Taquile

Puno is pretty high, about 4.000 meters and it could pretty cold.
    So, fisstly, in the evening take something on!

But, if you are taking a cruise on the lake, the sun is pretty hot and you ‘ll have the wish to take off your tshirt, but do not do it, as you’ll get definitely burn!!!

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Watch your money

by easterntrekker Written Oct 16, 2006

We had a bad experience at our stop at La Raya. There was a lady from a tour who was very careless with her wallet. I saw her with her purse open as she was distracted with her buying . Everyone was aboard and she was last...I thought we'd go without her ! Anyway she lost her wallet. I think it feel out ...as I said I saw her purse open ...

Anyway . We had to wait and the police boarded and searched all the staff and I'm sure they questioned the venders... I felt bad for them.

So know she'll go on record saying she was robbed. !!!!!!

Please be careful when you're shopping.

• Trains
    • Women's Travel
    • Seniors

Instant Answers: Puno

Comments

Puno Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Puno warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Puno sightseeing.