Stores, Malls or Markets in South America

• Bank on corner of plaza and osorno main street
    Bank on corner of plaza and osorno main...
    by kiwigal_1
    Candy
    by apuleuis
  • Shopping
    by MalenaN

Most Viewed Shopping in South America

• gwened's Profile Photo

several: buy and visit wineries in Mendoza

by gwened Written Apr 9, 2012

I was there several years back with my Argentinian collegues visiting vinyards and it was a good experience. The rest was not interesting to me.

But I am a wine aficionado/collector.
    This site is from there in Spanish (time to brush up if not known) but tells all bodegas and much tourist info

Norton, Trapiche, Esmeralda,Weinert,and the French subsidary Chandon are all very good.
    Hope it helps

What to buy: taste and buy wines

What to pay: best prices direct from bodegas

• Wine Tasting

• Silvia y Mario: Got the best leather jacket

by iavi1969 Written Jan 27, 2010

I was gonna write about Silvia y Mario, like I´d discovered a hidden treasure, and found -I must say, with some surprise- dozens of recommendations from this store... anyway, not having discovered it first, I have to add that this is a special spot in downtown BA, close to florida street.

You name it, they have it. They carry these 80´s style pilots jacket which I totally loved, also some cool white jackets with many zippers and pockets. They just have it all! Their blazers have a great cut.
    Salesgirls are very kind and they also custom make in a day or so. Their prices are ok too. Silvia is a fine and wonderfull person who helped us along our purchases.

What to buy: Leather: 80´s styled pilots jackets, white zippered jackets with load of pockets, motorcycle jackets, and they also have some nice bags and sweaters.

What to pay: somewhere between 200 and 300

• pepples46's Profile Photo

Peruvian Doll's

by pepples46 Updated May 3, 2006

just look around the many markets, I got mine in Pisac, by accident actually.the girl was playing with hers and I was so facinated, her mother offered to get me some..
    as a child, I never liked Dolls realy

What to buy: the Dolls are sooo colourful and loved by every kid I know.I brought back some, and only 1 is left..the rest made a great gift, young and old, have a look at the different hats....representing the region and people in their local clothes. in Cochabamba for example, the women wear white hats like top-hats in form. Aymara women wear Boulder hats....I explained this in my Bolivia page

What to pay: changes all the time

Peruvian Dolls, snatched from the web
    • Work Abroad

• pepples46's Profile Photo

precious stones

by pepples46 Written Nov 19, 2003

Nova Lima, around 12km from Belo Horizonte/ Minas Gerais is a very place to buy bras. stones. be aware of the hustlers in this business

What to buy: precious stones in Brasil, Leather items are very cheap..... good shoes and leatherjackets an ideal present for yourself or a fine gift to bring home

my Siderite

1112 Reviews - 3089 Photos
Guayaquil Hotels
147 Reviews - 479 Photos

Instant Answers: South America

Comments

South America Shopping

Reviews and photos of South America shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for South America sightseeing.
Map of South America