By bike to Blanche Marie
The caretaker told us that a few guests make the trip through the forest to Blanche Marie by bicycle. It is not that difficult or dangerous, just needs stamina and good preparation.
A typical tour would take you 50 km from Paramaribo to Zanderij, where the unpaved forest road begins. The next 130 km to Witagron takes you past some settlements and creeks where you may camp and replenish your water supply. Then you have another 130 to go through uninhabited forest, although there are a few camp sites near creeks.
You may return the same way, or make a round tour: from Blanche Marie to Apoera (about 75 km), there take a boat downstream the Corantijn river to Nieuw-Nickerie, and from there 200 km by the main road back to Paramaribo.
If you fancy this tour, we advise you contact the proprietors of Blanche Marie resort, Dubois & Dubois, for advice how to go about it.
Address: Dubois & Dubois, Eldoradolaan 22, ParamariboRelated to:
- Jungle and Rain Forest
Explore the World
- Kojori Hotels
- Pulau Langkawi
- Mali Losinj
- Waterton Lakes National Park
- Monument Valley State Park Hotels
- Kabanjahe Hotels
- Mandurah Hotels
- Montana Off The Beaten Path
- Gatlinburg Off The Beaten Path
- Mississippi Off The Beaten Path
- Dublin Off The Beaten Path
- Kyoto Off The Beaten Path
- Santa Monica Off The Beaten Path
- Pulau Bintan Off The Beaten Path
- Iceland Off The Beaten Path
- Islamorada Off The Beaten Path
- Tourist Spots Still!
- Ushuaia Off The Beaten Path
- Moscow Off The Beaten Path