Piriápolis Restaurants

Dining room
    Flan

Most Recent Restaurants in Piriápolis

• ines2003's Profile Photo

restaurante negro el once: good food

by ines2003 Written May 24, 2013

Service was very good , uncomplicated,accurate,and fast.and more the dish was good size and tasted good..

Favorite Dish: the Uruguayan classic "chivito" la milena with fries on a plate.It is almost like hamburger:bread,meat,lettuce,tomatoes,boiled egg

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

Argentinio Hotel: Excellent Food

by kyoub Updated Apr 17, 2008

Dining room

There are several dining rooms in the Argentinio Hotel. We ate in the informal dining room that had windows, we had a view of the sea and Piriapolis. The waitress was quite pleasant and spoke a few words of english. It was a very special feeling just being there in the hotel having lunch like so many others had before us.

Favorite Dish: I had a steamed filet of fish that was seasoned just right and delicious. Hubby had chicken with peppers, onions, and tomato that he enjoyed. For dessert he had custard with cream that was served in an original 1920 desert dish. I had flan with carmel topping on the side.
    It was the best food that we had in Piriapolis.

Puertito Don Anselmo: On the beach

by kyoub Written Apr 17, 2008

Sign

This restaurant was road from our apartment. You enter on the rambla, walk down a few steps to the beach, and there it is. It is one of those restaurants that are only open on week-ends so we thought since it was Sunday we best eat there.
    It was quite busy at lunchtime but we were served fairly quickly although the waiter said it would be 30 minutes to prepare the dish I ordered. It was a corvina of some type. Hubby had another kind of fish with mussles on the top.The fish was fresh and tasty.

• Beaches

Trattoria da Piero: View of the sea

by kyoub Written Apr 17, 2008

Outside seating

I had read about this restaurant online but really found it quite by accident, it was near our apartment. A lot of restaurants close after the summer season or just open on week-ends. The sign out in front told their special of the day and the open sign was on.
    The restaurant faces the water and rambla. There is inside and outside seating.
    The menu was in spanish and the waiter spoke no english so we really wasn't sure what we were ordering. I had a stir fry with veggies, the menu didn't mention carne but there was some in it so I quickly discarded that. He had fish in a sauce surrounded by mashed potatoes.
    For dessert I had chocolate Mousse and he had a flan with carmelized topping. 1000UYU $52

• Beaches

• Chiil's Profile Photo

Can´t remember for the life of me...: Stay away from the buffets!

by Chiil Written Jan 29, 2005

I figured I would treat my cousins and we went to a buffet that served grilled meat and had an extensive salad bar (90 pesos per person)

Stay away! haha.. I think the salad bar was the stuff left over from lunch. The meat was so-so... and the service was awful. I left no tip, per my cousin´s recommendation.

• markus64's Profile Photo

La Langosta: Best seafood of Piriapolis

by markus64 Updated Nov 26, 2003

Coastal road

The seafood is delicious, no matter, what you order. The waiters are competent and helpful and they have an English menu for people who don't get along with the Spanish one. With good weather you can sit outside comfortably, enjoying the view of the sea and the rather quiet Rambla (the coastal road).

Favorite Dish: The dorada is very tender, melting on your tongue. The white vino de la casa is also quite above average.

Instant Answers: Piriápolis

Comments

Piriápolis Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Piriápolis restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Piriápolis sightseeing.