Isla El Gran Roque Nightlife

sunset at the island of El Gran Roque
    by carolinaEspada
    Mother Olga and Daughter me.
    by carolinaEspada

Most Recent Nightlife in Isla El Gran Roque

• permiche's Profile Photo

No nightlife in Los Roques

by permiche Written Mar 29, 2005

No nightlife in Los Roques: just a few bars where you can go. Acuarena bar is nice, on the beach. Try also Natura Viva bar, on the roof of the posada. Otherwise, just sit on the Plaza Bolivar and enjoy the quietness of the place!

• Beaches

• ludogatto's Profile Photo

The main sandy square: Gran Roques Nightlife

by ludogatto Updated Nov 26, 2004

the roquenos arrive in this beautifull square without sandals and they arrange a home made soundblaster to paly merengue music....all people are dancing from the grandmother to the little 3 years old kids cause music is a import part of their life.
    The 13 years old teen luks like Jennifer lopez without shoes, with glittering make up, and the young boy seems the venezuela cousin of Ny hi hoper, but the dance Merengue in a sensual but natural way.
    There is a little chiosk for candys or similarbut they take big box with ice fulled of beers to spend the night free drinking......no limited age, only the good think!!!

• carolinaEspada's Profile Photo

Any terrace at any posada in Los Roques: Do you LOVE sunsets?

by carolinaEspada Written Feb 23, 2004

Mother Olga and Daughter me.

Imagine this kind of sun set not with you mother, but with your lover.

Dress Code: Notice that I'm wearing sandals with socks. That is one of the most tacky things to wear in Venezuela, but I just don care.

But I was also wearing a coral necklace...

• Singles

• carolinaEspada's Profile Photo

All over the tiny town of El Gran Roque: PLENTY OF NIGHTLIFE... but are you awake?

by carolinaEspada Updated Feb 10, 2003

sunset at the island of El Gran Roque

There is no ONE place to recomend. At the small town of El Gran Roque, where you find little colourfull posadas (guest houses) one next to the other, there are sidewalks, but everyone walks in the middle of the street because there are no cars in this place and is a pleasure to walk barefeet in the sand. Yes: the streets are 100% sand.

After the sunset, all of the visitors to El Gran Roque start a cocktail, alcoholic beverages and beer peregrination. From one tiny bar to the other. From the terrace of one "posada" to the other. From microscopic restaurant to another one. It is a whole night long movement.

In most of these places you can hear music, meet new people, fall in love for a night of two, dance, play "dominoes" o cards, eat, drink and be merry.

To tell you the truth, I barely make it after sunset. I go out for a walk, see 15 or 20 minutes of eveybody elses nightlife, celebrate the matching rituals of the human species, and go back to my "posada" to sleep.

I usually wake up at 5:30 am, go to the beach to see the sun rise and the seagulls flying so low over my head that if I reach them I could touch them (but they always fly away). Local fishermen are always shocked with my behavior. No other visitor wakes up before 10:00 am. Then I spend most of my day swimming, snorkeling, walking and climbing the only mountain. At 7:30 - 8:00 pm I collapse in my bed until the next day.

But there is nightlife at El Gran Roque, and a great one!

Dress Code: Absolutely informal and happy to show your gorgeous sun tan (because no matter how much sun block you use, you will always get a great tan).

Instant Answers: Isla El Gran Roque

Comments

Isla El Gran Roque Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Isla El Gran Roque nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Isla El Gran Roque sightseeing.

View all Isla El Gran Roque hotels