The Elliptic hall of the capitol keeps awesome treasures of Venezuela, such as the: Acta de la Firma de la Independencia (Independence signatures)
Build under the government of General Antonio White Guzmán, in 1872. One of its architects is the son of the General of Independence Rafael Urdaneta. It was originally the Seat of the Executive Power, later it belonged to the Federal Court and soon to the Legislative one. At the moment, it is the Seat of the Congress of the Republic
The Municipal Palace is located in which formerly it was the Seat of the School Santa Rosa de Lima of Caracas. At the moment in its chapel, they are arranged the furniture and the objects so and as they were the 5 of Julio of 1811, when signature of the Independence of Venezuela was made there.
The Municipal Council is guard of important documents and objects of extreme value for the city and the country, such as: the Act of the Town hall of the 19 of April of 1810, the Banner of Francisco Pizarro (conquering), the first plane of the city, among other many others. Through the scale models on scale of Caracas, it will be able to observe the transformations undergone with happening of the time. Visits: of Tuesday to Sunday, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
The Calvario Hill
In century XVIII, the hill of the Calvario was a peregrination place during the Easter. Guzmán Blanco soon, turned it into a stroll with beautiful gardens that speak of the splendor of a guzmancista Caracas, that it persecuted to look oneself like beautiful Paris.
Years later, General Joaquin Crespo constructed to the Chapel of Lourdes and the Arc of the Federation, at the end of 1895, in commemoration of the battle released in Caracas from the Real dominion. In spite of the good intentions, the inhabitants strook the target of their usual good humor, joking that Crespo had constructed a bridge to go below this one and a tunnel to go by above, talking about to the location of the viaduct with respect to the tunnel. This stroll is available for visits every day in open schedule.
Native house of the Liberator
Located between the corners of San Jacinto and Traposos, it is the place where the 24 of June of 1783 were born Simón Antonio of the Santísima Trinidad Bolivar Palacios y Blanco, that years later would become the father of the freedom of America. This house of colonial style was built in century XVII, and its style represents the typical nobility of the mantuanos of the colony.
The house is decorated with linen cloths in its walls made by the maestro Tito Salas. In these works several of the most important facets of the life of Simón stage themselves Bolivar. Visits: of Tuesday to Sunday, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., 2 p.m. to 4 p.m..
The center of Caracas is a very impresive mix . . . old and new . . . rich and poor . . . beauty and . . . here you can see everything.