Beaches near Caracas (Litoral Central), Caracas

Know about this? Rate It!

• joernme's Profile Photo

Macuto - quite a beach experience

by joernme Updated Nov 26, 2003

I chose Macuto for my last day in Venezuela, as it is close to the airport of Maiquetia, because it has beach life and most of all because Caracas in- and outbound roads were completely blocked the day before and I really did not want to miss my plane. Macuto is the place also poorer Caracenos (mostly) go to as public buses go there. I was the only foreigner on the beach and interesting enough for a large Venezuelan family to invite me to their BBQ and drinking session with Rum from the plastic bottle. It was quite a unique and very intense experience.... At night I decided to not leave my dirty hotel as I had the feeling I would not feel comfortable ouside. The next day I again enjoyed a day reading my book and watching local beach life while stretching my white body into the sun for a last time. A norwegian girl joined me, not feeling so comfortable there being the only light skinned female therea and asking me if I would mind. I did not mind and enjoyed some more conversations with her and locals on the beach before I had to leave this fascinating country.

• vero_27's Profile Photo

Beach

by vero_27 Written Apr 19, 2003

When you are in Caracas and you want to go to the beach, you just have to go to El Litoral central, it´s located 45 minutes away from the city and there you´ll find nice beaches and restaurants to go to.

Instant Answers: Caracas