Know about this? Rate It!
Things that you need to know about Caracas Subway
There are many things that you need to know before getting in Caracas Subway or Caracas Metro:
- The actual prices of the tickets can be easily found on the site of the Caracas Metro(http://www.metrodecaracas.gob.ve/tarifas_boletos/tarifybol.html).
- The map of the stations and lines in Caracas Metro (including the Metro bus) can be found at the site above.
- ONE TRIP or Journey can take you to all ALL metro stations, if you need to change to line 2, 3 or 4, use the "line transfers" you don't need to use another ticket to transfer between lines, you will need another ticket if you leave the metro stations.
- If the metro does not get you where you want to go, maybe the metro bus can, remember that if you use the metro bus, the ticket must be "integrado" or "integrated", that ticket works for the metro and metro bus.
- There are no trains available to get to the Airport (2012)
- There's no bathrooms in the Caracas metro.
- It's hard to get a seat on the Metro.
- Caracas metro has Air conditioner, but metro bus doesn't.
- In hours between 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. and 17:00 and 19:00 the metro is crowded, so it will take a little longer to get to the places you want to go.
- Sometimes the trains take a while to get to the stations, this is what users call "delays"
- It is forbidden to take pictures in the station of the Caracas Metro, if you want to take a picture inside the train, you must be careful, because there are many robbers using the system.
- No pets allowed in the subway.
- People in Caracas likes to brisk walking in the system, so if you are using escalators, stand yourself to the right in order to allow people to walk fast.
I hope I do not miss anything, Sorry for my english.
- Business Travel
- Adventure Travel
Metro de Caracas
A single ride on the metro is 0,5 Bs.F (June 2008), but if you are planning to travel more you can buy a Multiabono with ten rides for 4,5 Bs.F. There is a long metro line going from east to west, and there is another one going from Caricuao in the southwest . Another line is going from the south, past the university.
The metro is convenient to use. There are frequent trains and they are air-conditioned. You should guard your bags though, and if you have a backpack you should carry it in the front. The metro can be very crowded, especially at rush hour. A friend of mine told me that sometimes he has to wait for the next train, or even a third train, to be able to go inside, but at rush hour the next train comes just after the other.
- Budget Travel
To move in Caraca's city, you can do it easily by subway.
It can take you to any point in the city, just be careful with the pickpocket and be aware that most of the time it is too crowded.
Schedule: From 5:30 to 23:00
El Metro de Caracas
The better form of transportation in Caracas is it the Metro system. It is Easy to identify where you want to go, it is very clean and nice and you will find more than one great works of art at outside the stations.
Also you have MetroBuses that will take you were the Metro do not go.
Danger: After the sun come down at 6:00 pm, take a taxi or drive. It is not safe the streets
The best way to go around the city
If you want to go around Caracas you should take the Metro, you can go almost anywhere on it. And if you want to go somewhere else without metro station you should ask about the metrobus, which is a metro service that goes to the places the subway can´t go. I´m sorry for the picture but it´s forbidden to take pictures inside the station
- Budget Travel
Metro subway system in Caracas
Metro subway system in Caracas is the best way to move around in Caracas. El metro de Caracas is modern.
- Adventure Travel
- Arts and Culture
Though limited Caracas has a metro system and its considered to be safe. But since its not connected to airport, its less likely you get to use them while on a short trip.
Caracas Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Ayia Napa Hotels
- Fort Myers Beach Hotels
- Dhaka Hotels
- Darwin Hotels
- Lloret de Mar
- Cavtat Transportation
- New Orleans Transportation
- Cameron Highlands Transportation
- San Juan Transportation
- Pokhara Transportation
- Santa Margherita Ligure Transportation
- Salalah Transportation
- Padova Transportation
- Yogyakarta Transportation
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Transportation
- Monterosso al Mare Transportation
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Transportation