Barcelona Things to Do

La catedral

Most Recent Things to Do in Barcelona

Iglesia El Carmen

Iglesia El Carmen

The church El Carmen is the church I liked most in Barcelona. I liked it so much - and immediately - that not only Imistook it for the cathedral, but I also persuaded my travel companions that it was. Everyone around us who heard me laughted, including a school group on a school trip. Stupid tourists....

Casa Fuerte

ruins of the casa fuerte

Another very important building in Barcelona is the Casa Fuerte. It's a national historic monument that, originally (in 1811), served as a convent, then the war of independence started and Simon Bolivar and his followers took it and used it defensively. Six years laer, in 1817 the house walls collapsed and Bolivar had to flee. It's now possible to visit the ruins of the Casa Fuerte, and there are very informative state guides who will take you around and explain you everything - and for free.

La Catedral

by call_me_rhia Updated Oct 13, 2004

La catedral

The Catedral (cathedral) is one of the most important buildings in Barcelona. It was built
    between 1748 and 1773 - and while it was being built, it suffered damages which were caused by an earthquake. Inside you can see the remains of Saint Celestine. For this reason, photography is not allowed everywhere - as people will kindly point out

Casco Colonial

by call_me_rhia Updated Oct 13, 2004

a man in the Casco Colonial

If you spend most of your time in Lecherias or Puerto La Cruz, you'll either start loving the sight of tall buildings, and else you'll hate it. A great way to escape it is to head to Barcelona- which is theo nly of the three to have a casco colonial. Some buildings are truly wonderful!

The Theatre

theatre

Barcelona's two most important historical areas are centered around the three main plazas: Bolivar, Miranda, and Boyac√°. In one of them you can see this wonderful building: it's the city's theatre.

Instant Answers: Barcelona

Comments

Barcelona Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Barcelona things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Barcelona sightseeing.