Maracay Transportation

Best Rated Transportation in Maracay

To Maracay to Ciudad Bolivar

by MalenaN Written Aug 15, 2007

Near Maracay

Arriving back to Ciudad Bolivar from Canaima I went to the terminal to ask for a morning bus to Maracay. I had been told that there might just be night buses, so I was lucky to hear a bus left at 9.00. It was a bed bus with the company Expressos del Mar and the ticket was 49 500 Bs. Half an hour before departure I was told to be at the station. Arriving at the station I bought the ticket for the exit, which is 500 Bs and the ticket is bought from a small booth.
    I had asked for a window seat when I bought the ticket and thought I was going to have a great view from my seat (nr30 in the front of the upper floor. Guess if I was disappointed when the man working on the bus told me the curtains had to cover the window for protection as there was a big crack in the window.
    Around one o'clock we stopped at a road cafe for lunch and about 18.30 the bus arrived at Maracay.
    I bought some Chinese take away at the station at the hotel as I didn't know if there was anywhere to eat near the hotel and I didn't want to go to far in the dark. At the Chinese restaurant they told me the taxi should be 7000 - 8000 Bs to my hotel, but the taxi driver wanted to have 10 000 Bs.

Maracay to Puerto Colombia

by MalenaN Written Sep 1, 2007

Waiting for the bus in Maracay

To go to the bus terminal I took a bus from Avenida Bolivar for 750 Bs. The buses between the city centre and the terminal are very frequent.
    Buses for Puerto Colombia leave from the old part of the terminal, but I can’t remember which platform. I asked for the bus and was sent to several platforms before coming to the right one. There I waited about 20 minutes for the bus to arrive. There are several vendors of soft drinks and snacks around if you get thirsty or hungry.
    The buses between Maracay and Puerto Colombia are old colourful buses. The windows are shaded and can only be opened at the top. It is a very beautiful landscape along the road. The road is winding up and down the mountains and it is quite narrow. Before each bend the drivers press the horn very loudly. The bus ride to Puerto Colombia took more than two hours and the bus stopped just outside Hostal Colonial. They were building a bus terminal in Puerto Colombia before the village so I guess the buses will stop there in the future. Between Maracay and Puerto Colombia it cost 6000 Bs (July 2007).

Going the other way a few days later I asked at the hostel for the timetable of the morning bus. That bus only took 1 hour and 45 minutes to Maracay and the driver was definitely driving less safe on the winding road, using the horn very frequent. I have heard that there is like a competition between the bus drivers to drive fast.

To Coro, via Maracay, from Puerto Colombia

by MalenaN Written Sep 1, 2007

Street in Maracay

I took a morning bus from Puerto Colombia to Maracay . The ticket was 6000 Bs and it took 1 h 45 minutes (the driver was definitely driving to fast on this beautiful winding road). Buses from Puerto Colombia stop at the old part of the bus terminal. When I arrived I asked for buses to Coro and was told to go to the new part of the terminal. There they told me there was no bus to Coro, but I had to go back to the old part to take a bus to Valencia. On the way back I bought a baguette and fresh orange juice (5900 Bs) as I had left Puerto Colombia before the hostel opened for breakfast.
    Valencia is a big tow only 45 minutes away from Maracay and buses there are very frequent. When I had found the bus I only had to wait a few minutes before it took off. The ticket to Valencia was 4000 Bs (July 2007).
    I only spent a minute at the bus terminal in Valencia as I got the last seat on a bus to Coro. The bus ride to Coro took 4,5 hours and it was 25 000 Bs. Halfway we stopped to eat. There was an annual meeting for bikers in Coro that weekend so along the road we were constantly passed by motorbikes.
    From the bus terminal in Coro I took a taxi to the posada and it was 5000 Bs.

From Maracay to Caracas and the airport Maiquetía

by MalenaN Written Jun 13, 2009

I had stayed the night at a hotel just half a block from the bus terminal in Maracay so in the morning it was easy to walk there. I went to the old part of the terminal from where there are frequent buses to Caracas. As I arrived I immediately found a bus that was very soon leaving for Caracas. The ticket was 10 BsF (August 2008) and the journey took 1.5 hours.

In Caracas the bus stopped at Terminal La Bandera and I was approached by one of the taxi drivers from one of the cars inside the gates (the secure taxis). But before taking a taxi I wanted to find Expresos del Lagos office to ask about a framed picture I had forgotten on the bus when I changed buses in Valencia the evening before (the bus I had been on continued to Caracas). The taxi driver took me through the huge station to the right place. From Expresos del Lagos office they called the bus driver, who had left Caracas for Maracaibo earlier in the morning. It turned out they had found my picture and he was bringing it back to Valencia. Well, he was not jet in Valencia and from Valencia back to Caracas it would take another two hours so I didn’t have time to wait, but had to go on to the airport. I took the taxi from La Bandera to Parque Central (Calle Sur 17) from where the Airport Buses are leaving. The taxi driver wanted to have 25 BsF for the taxi ride.

At the office I bought a ticket for the bus and it was 15 BsF. Then I bought a coffee form a stand outside and sat down to wait, not very long though. It was Sunday and I had heard there might be lots of traffic from Caracas to the coast, but it was not bad and the bus to the airport took less than an hour. At the airport the bus stopped just outside the International Terminal (the Domestic Terminal is very near also).

So, if you you don't have a morning flight from Caracas, Maracay can be the place to stay the night if you don't want to stay in Caracas.

Instant Answers: Maracay

Comments

Maracay Transportation

Reviews and photos of Maracay transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Maracay sightseeing.