Puerto Colombia Transportation

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

From Puerto Colombia to Coro

by MalenaN Written Sep 1, 2007

Evening in Puerto Colombia

I took a morning bus from Puerto Colombia to Maracay . The ticket was 6000 Bs and it took 1 h 45 minutes (the driver was definitely driving to fast on this beautiful winding road). Buses from Puerto Colombia stop at the old part of the bus terminal. When I arrived I asked for buses to Coro and was told to go to the new part of the terminal. There they told me there was no bus to Coro, but I had to go back to the old part to take a bus to Valencia. On the way back I bought a baguette and fresh orange juice (5900 Bs) as I had left Puerto Colombia before the hostel opened for breakfast.
    Valencia is a big tow only 45 minutes away from Maracay and buses there are very frequent. When I had found the bus I only had to wait a few minutes before it took off. The ticket to Valencia was 4000 Bs (July 2007).
    I only spent a minute at the bus terminal in Valencia as I got the last seat on a bus to Coro. The bus ride to Coro took 4,5 hours and it was 25 000 Bs. Halfway we stopped to eat. There was an annual meeting for bikers in Coro that weekend so along the road we were constantly passed by motorbikes.
    From the bus terminal in Coro I took a taxi to the posada and it was 5000 Bs.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

To Puerto Colombia from Maracay

by MalenaN Written Sep 1, 2007

Street in Puerto Colombia

To go to the bus terminal I took a bus from Avenida Bolivar for 750 Bs. The buses between the city centre and the terminal are very frequent.
    Buses for Puerto Colombia leave from the old part of the terminal, but I can’t remember which platform. I asked for the bus and was sent to several platforms before coming to the right one. There I waited about 20 minutes for the bus to arrive. There are several vendors of soft drinks and snacks around if you get thirsty or hungry.
    The buses between Maracay and Puerto Colombia are old colourful buses. The windows are shaded and can only be opened at the top. It is a very beautiful landscape along the road. The road is winding up and down the mountains and it is quite narrow. Before each bend the drivers press the horn very loudly. The bus ride to Puerto Colombia took more than two hours and the bus stopped just outside Hostal Colonial. They were building a bus terminal in Puerto Colombia before the village so I guess the buses will stop there in the future. Between Maracay and Puerto Colombia it cost 6000 Bs (July 2007).

Going the other way a few days later I asked at the hostel for the timetable of the morning bus. That bus only took 1 hour and 45 minutes to Maracay and the driver was definitely driving less safe on the winding road, using the horn very frequent. I have heard that there is like a competition between the bus drivers to drive fast.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo

From Maracay to Puerto Colombia

by Luchonda Updated Jan 7, 2005

A hard day's road to get there

The way to Puerto Colombia is hard - through the tropical forest HP, small and sometimes nearly to small.
    You will cross the national park "Henry Pittier", a surface of about 107.000 ha.
    The Cordilla de la Costa is the heart of the park.

• National/State Park
    • Business Travel

• Luchonda's Profile Photo

Another Chevy

by Luchonda Written Jan 15, 2005

Automobiles

It is a pleasure to look at the locals and their way of transportation - mainly Chevies from the sixtees or seventees - maintained and kept driving by their endless spirit !

Instant Answers: Puerto Colombia

Comments

Puerto Colombia Transportation

Reviews and photos of Puerto Colombia transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Puerto Colombia sightseeing.

View all Puerto Colombia hotels