Isla Margarita Things to Do

Most Recent Things to Do in Isla Margarita

• melim19's Profile Photo

Feel the adrenaline of JET SKI!!!

by melim19 Written Mar 27, 2006

You can Jet Ski en Playa El Agua! There is a spot that rents these machines for 30 minutes at $30 dlls. I drove and I hadn't tried this before.. and I had a great time! I did fall though! We fell from the deepest point but even though I cannot swim.. I was not scared! I could not stop laughing... i had so much fun. I was not scared because I was given a life vest! So that helped alot! If you go to Margarita... visit Playa El Agua! I was told they also give rides on the banana shaped things..

• Water Sports

Isla de Coche

by Linse Updated Feb 6, 2006

Isla de coche is a small island that also belongs to Isla Margarita. You can sail to the island. It has the most beautiful white beaches so remember to bring a good sunlotion :o) It´s really a day of relaxation and I would strongly recommend that your go there. If you are lucky you can see some wild dolphins swimming beside the boat on the way.

The white sand on Isla de Coche The catamaran we went there with The wild dolphins The wild dolphins

The Marine museum in Boca de rio

by Linse Written Feb 4, 2006

In the city Boca de rio is a marine museum (Museo Del Mar) which is a great experience to visit It´s run by the university and with the help of local fishermen. They have both live and stuffed animals there. And in one of the rooms there is a small bassin with different animals that you are allowed to touch. In the center of the museum theres a small bassin with small turtles and they love it if u feed them with some of the red flowers.

La Restinga

by Linse Written Feb 4, 2006

The La Restinga Lagoon is on the western part of the island where the landscape is more dry and desertlike with cactuses and red sand. La Restinga is a nationalpark where the Mangrove trees make saltwater into freshwater and the scientists are still trying to figure out how it´s possible. It´s an amazing place with a lot of wildlife in and around the water.

The boats you can go sailing in on La Restinga The tunnels in La Restinga If you are lucky this is what you get to see

El Valle

by Linse Updated Feb 4, 2006

In the city El valle is the beautiful church called "El valle del espiritu Santo" or the marzipan church because of it´s colour. Inside the church is the holy "Virgen de valle" who the pope have declared as a saint. People bring her presents and she´s known to cure peoples diseases and once a year she´s carried around in the city to honour her.

The Marzipan church The Virgen del valle up in the window

• Wanderboy43's Profile Photo

El Agua Beach

by Wanderboy43 Written Dec 7, 2005

You can take a local bus (1500 aka $0.75) out to El Agua Beach. The beach is nice, clean, adn touristy. Lots of restaurants. I heard there´s like a youth hostel as well for about 15000 or 20000 ($6to$9) down a dirt road at the far end (to your right if you´re looking out at teh water). Overall nice atmosphere with a coffee shop, but no chocolate cake.....and the beach is good for swimming. It´s quite a big beach as well....

• Saringuis's Profile Photo

Playa Parguito

by Saringuis Written Oct 22, 2005

Playa Parguito is a beach for teenagers and surf. It has restaurant, shades and less salespeople(which doesn't mean they aren't any!!). In one of the beache's end there is a small hill with a nice view of the beach and of El Tirano. Don't miss it

Surfers

• Saringuis's Profile Photo

Playa El Agua

by Saringuis Written Oct 22, 2005

El Agua is one of the preferred beaches is Margarita. It is large, has many palm trees, a lot of sand, food service, entertainment, etc. Without nobody stablishing it, there are three zones. The beginning of the beach is where local people go: prices tend to be cheaper. The middle zone is more family and toursit oriented and the end is where all the youth meet. However, no matter where you decide to stay, walk along the beach. You will enjoy it.
    Like in other beaches, at El Agua there are kiosks. Find out what services they provide. In general it will be chairs, shades and a restaurant. In others you might have fresh water to take a shower when leaving.

• Beaches

• digitalgraeme's Profile Photo

Los Roques

by digitalgraeme Written Jul 24, 2005

We took an overnight trip to Los Roques. It is a tiny group of islands (archipielago) reached by 1 hr flight from Margarita. We were the ONLY british people taking this trip. I don't know why its not more popular. When we arrived, we took a catamaran out from the main island and spent time on the most beautiful beach I have ever been on. It was VERY hot, but sand stays cool. Water is crystal clear, and we snorkled seeing amazing fish. We stayed in small basic guest house and ate dinner in local restaurant. It is a really quiet and realxing place to spend some time away from bust hotels and loud noisy swimming pools.

• Diving and Snorkeling
    • Beaches

• Jalapeno57's Profile Photo

Swim with dolphins

by Jalapeno57 Updated Jun 23, 2005

Our tour guide, Marcos Ochoa, took us on an all day island tour. One thing we did was swim with the dolphins at the water park. There were 8 of us in the pool with 2 trained dolphins. We swam with them for about 30 minutes. The cost was US$55 per person. We first watched a short movie about dolphins & then had 30 minutes in the pool. It was a lot of fun & we are so glad we did it.

Aaahhhh...they're so sweet

• ChileAle's Profile Photo

La Restinga Mangrove and Beach

by ChileAle Updated May 6, 2005

A must see is La Restinga, with its pretty yet montonous mangrove lagoon, DO ARRANGE BEING DROPPED AT THE BEACH AND BEING PICKED UP AT A SET TIME.

There is a union of boat drivers, each group gets its boat, nicely arranged and not mobster-priced, very nice.

Beach is huge and nice, not much shadow (except for the ever present rent-a-lounge chair and shade).

Best was chatting with boat driver don Manuel, wise men in his 70's, illeterate yet the proud father of an MLB player!!

• Kayaking
    • Jungle and Rain Forest
    • National/State Park

• lelyramires's Profile Photo

Go to the Beach!

by lelyramires Updated May 1, 2005

The beaches are the best thing in Margarita!

My favourite ones (and I gues the most popular ones) were Parguito and El Agua.

They are one next to the other and they got good structure, some restaurants around it, which will charge you from 15,000 to 25,000 Bolivares for the beach chair and umbrella - but if you don't bring your own beach umbrella, it's worth paying it for it!

the water and sand are clean and nice. In Parguito they have some surf instructors, for the place is great for surfing.

I've also been to El Yaque (which is pronounced El Jacke), whic is good for windsurfing - they also got instructors - for the water is plain like a swimming pool and shallow, which is good for kids, or just to relax. the water temperature is also warmer than all the others.
    I loved it there cuz I could see starfishes (and actually I caught one in my hand - of course I put it back in the water) and little fishes swimming around.

I would just like to say that, if you do smoke, please, DO NOT DUMP CIGARRETTE BUTTS ON THE SAND. It is just not polite, respectful and not to mention disgusting. Be a good tourist.

Island of Coche... Hummm... Well, I am not the best to talk about it.
    I went there on a all inclusive boat trip and when we arrived, we stayed at Punta La Playa, which had nothing but a beach volleyball net and the beach chairs with some umbrellas and absolutelly nothing else (not even a bush) that could make a shade from the sun.
    The beach was great but 1 hour after we arrived many people were arriving with boates, sailboats and jet skies and when I realized the beach was full of dead sea vegetation and jellyfishes (some were already dead on the sand, some still in the water) and they were huge. Volleyball huge, you know. I guess it was cuz of the boats, I don't know... but it kinda ruined the water for me.
    I hope other people have better luck.

Playa El Yaque

• fitbod's Profile Photo

Step Back In Time-Venezuelan Style

by fitbod Written Feb 5, 2005

The village of Tucantar is an artisan's vision of a vintage Venezuelan Village. Hand-built mud-walled structures house shops of colorful local crafts and artifacts.
    You are given a sense of life in this village as you browse the damp, dark shops, smell the mud-walls and floors, and see genuine artifacts used at one time.
    This is very interesting with nice views from ontop of the church's bell tower that add to the experience.

Tucantar Village Church
    • Architecture

• fitbod's Profile Photo

Down on the Farm

by fitbod Written Jan 21, 2005

This "park" was a working plantation, or conuco, in Isla Margartia. The farm is run in the traditional farming method of Venezuela.

The farm houses several animals, some quite unusual, as well as grows many fruits and vegetables. Of course you are afforded the opportunity to touch, taste and smell all of those....Go on now! give it a try!

I had the chance (or misfortune??) to have a Boa Constrictor around my neck!!! YIKES!! (For a good laugh, you must see my photo on my Isla Margarita page!)

This farm was interesting anf fun. The guide (a member of the family) was very nice and helpful with answering silly "tourist" questions. As a matter of fact, I met several family members working that day on the farm.

A small plantation, conuco
    • Farm Stay
    • Photography

• gcmm's Profile Photo

Canaima's Lagoon,part of angel falls tour

by gcmm Written Mar 17, 2004

Part of the Angel falls tour includes a boat ride down the river/ lagoon.

We got to see many different kinds wildlife along the way. Birds , fish and even a tapiar swiming.

It was very exciting to see one in the wild..

In the wild
    • Photography
    • Jungle and Rain Forest
    • National/State Park

Instant Answers: Isla Margarita

Comments

Isla Margarita Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Isla Margarita things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Isla Margarita sightseeing.

View all Isla Margarita hotels