Parque Nacional Canaima Favorites

canaima NP
    by call_me_rhia

Most Recent Favorites in Parque Nacional Canaima

• Athensfilippos's Profile Photo

Don't book ur excursion through Posada Don Carlos!

by Athensfilippos Written Sep 6, 2009

Favorite thing: We booked their Canaima excursion (WHICH YOU SHOULD NEVER DO!!). They charged us the ridiculous amount of 1700bolivares (250euros).
    First they told us our plane would leave at 11am, then she woke us up at 6am and told us that the plane would be leaving in 30 minutes!! Thank the lord we already had our suitcases up and ready.
    We go to Canaima village (the best place i've been in my life) and the shady part starts. First we wait at the airport more than an hour for our guide to arrive. The airport is 5mins walking from the "posada." His first sentence was: "we're sorry, we don't have enough rooms, please the same-sex friends have to stay together in 4beds rooms" !!!!!! I went with my friend, but the last thing i wanted was to share a room--especially at this price! So, we did our fight and we did get our own room. The room was one of the ***tiest rooms i've ever stayed in my life (even worst that then one with a fan in Don Carlos). No towels of course and the room was just a tin, but at least it did have a shower (a smelly one of course). I wouldn't mind for any of the above if the price was right. The provided food was a also a huge joke.
    What really pissed me off though was that by walking into the village there were numerous superbly beautiful posadas and with a sea view and a balcony! Their 2persons price was around 150-200 bolivares (remember the trip cost 1700 p/p!!).
    Besides the amazing surroundings, the guide was a nice guy and could speak fair english.
    Also, to be fair, their campsite in Angels Falls is well placed and nice.

What i'm trying to say is do take this amazing trip at any cost, but make sure u don't book through them, u can get a much more pleasant experience with the same amount of money (we heard kayak is better).

• National/State Park
    • Jungle and Rain Forest
    • Beaches

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Canaima in a nutshell

by call_me_rhia Written Aug 18, 2004

Favorite thing: The Canaima National Park is a huge park in the gran Sabana area of Venezuela, and it's listed in the UNESCO world heritag sites list. It's supposed to be the most important National Park, and do you know why? Because the highest waterfall in the world can be found there: El Salto Angel, nearly 1000 metres tall.

Fondest memory: My favourite sight in the park, however, are not the waterfalls (or THE waterfall)... what fascinated me most is the tepuis; table mountain formations that cover 65% of the park's area. Look at them and you'll really feel you're in the lost world.

canaima NP

• K1W1's Profile Photo

Angel Falls tour cont.

by K1W1 Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: My tour started in Ciudad Bolivar and was booked at the Hostal Caracas. The tour included a bus to the airport, flight to Canaima, 3 nights accom and all food for the 3 days (optional 4th night accom free), and return trip. An English speaking guide was provided and was very good. All for the bargain price of USD 180.00
    Accom was in hammocks (mozzie net provided) and the meals were good.
    The tours are run and organised by the local indiginous tribe.

• Adventure Travel

• K1W1's Profile Photo

Angel Falls tour

by K1W1 Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: When you land in Canaima, you will be greated with the beautiflul sight of this lagoon surrounded by Palm trees and waterfalls. In the hot climate, the waters here are refreshing and very welcome.
    Although this photo looks cold - let me reassure you, it isn't!

• Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: Parque Nacional Canaima

Comments

Parque Nacional Canaima Favorites

Reviews and photos of Parque Nacional Canaima favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Parque Nacional Canaima sightseeing.

View all Parque Nacional Canaima hotels