Chichiriviche Local Customs

Most Recent Local Customs in Chichiriviche

• amapola66's Profile Photo

by amapola66 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Nuns on the Beach

We stopped at one beach at Morrocoy for a few hours to eat and laze around. White-robed nuns were gathering outside a small chapel I managed to snap them through the trees (not that I think they would have minded).

Little did we know, that the Pope was about to depart this world at the time and their gathering was probably related.

A lovely sight though.

• Women's Travel
    • Religious Travel
    • Beaches

• amapola66's Profile Photo

by amapola66 Updated Apr 4, 2011

La Virgen del Valle

La Virgen del Valle (The Virgin of the Valley), is the patron Saint of eastern Venezuela.

In El Nacional Parque Morrocoy, you can sail through the magroves on a water taxi and visit a large shrine in the cliffs which is home to hundreds of figures of the Virgin, along with gifts of candles, coins and prayers, which people have left there after asking her a particular question and paying their respects in the hope that she is listening.

Next time I go ...and there will be a next time ; ) - I will take a little figure of my own to add to this wonderful collection. It would be a to think of my little Saint standing there in the sunshine while I shiver back home.

• Religious Travel
    • National/State Park

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

don't buy food...

by call_me_rhia Written Aug 20, 2004

boat food

If you're heading for La Piscina, don't buy food before you leave - only drinks. There's always a few fishermen there selling seafood cocktails and rice & fish dishes. You buy it from the fishermen's boat and then eat your lunch in the water. And to think that some mothers tell their children not to go into water after eating... they are right - go into water to eat. Much better.

Instant Answers: Chichiriviche

Comments

Chichiriviche Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Chichiriviche local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chichiriviche sightseeing.

View all Chichiriviche hotels