Chichiriviche Transportation

• ludogatto's Profile Photo

Lancheros!

by ludogatto Written Apr 12, 2006

the south pier and the licoreria

To discover the Morrocoy northest part u have to take a lancha, aboat that u can share with other people to get in the Cayos.A lot of lancheros create association, so u can come witha boat and withyour recipt u can take onother one.
    There are many from playa northe ot playa sur, but I prefer Associacion La Caraquita cause they are serious and give me a perfect service.
    I was in Cayo Sombrero camping and I needed to go in Cayo Sal the day after, so I asket to a young lancheros who was there for a little recorrido.....I gave me his cellular phone to call him for the day after.
    I call him at 3 o'clock and after 20 minuts he was there...I asked to take me in Cayo Sal to spend another night camping there...He say "don't worry, do u need to stop in Chichi before for food or drinks?"....At 4 I was in Cayo Sal but after 1 hour we called him again cause the island was full of jejenes ( special little mosquitos), impossible to stay there....he arrived after half an hours, he leaved a party to pick up us and he spent another hour to birig us to some nice posadas cause I felt bad with my allergy!
    I spent 3 more days there and Fran provide a boat for us, in time we asked, pick up us at the right time..not usual in Venezuela.....
    All the little quarter near the Pier is full of relatives of Fran, from the licoreria to the areperia.....nice people...I spent some nice night talking with them with a bear!
    Fran is well known as El Negro and the pier is the south beach pier where Mario Hotel bus stop.

• ludogatto's Profile Photo

Bus from Coro and Valencia

by ludogatto Written Apr 10, 2006

U can arrive in Chichi from Valencia and Coro.
    Rememeber that there aren't direct bus from Caracas: u have to arrive to Valencia first, and at Terminal de passageiros ask for the first bus for Chichi: be carefull to ask for the bus streight to Chichi, there are other bus tat pass trought Tucacas, than go to Coro and leave u not in Chichi but at the cross road with the national costline road and the Chici.
    U have to ask for the specific Chichi bus! If I rememeber well the last bus from Valencia to Tucacas or Chichi is about at 6 o'clock, after u have to take a taxi.
    From Chichi u can go on the main road ( the paved road and inthe little unpaved square on the left u can find the bus....same as in Valencia, ask for the bus that don't enter in Puerto Cabello, u loose 1 hour minimum...
    Sunday is the big retourn inthe city, so it's better to take the bus from Chichi not after 4 o'clock and wait! on the autopista there are queee for the toll!
    Chichi-Valencia 7000 bolivares in April 2006

• amapola66's Profile Photo

Drive There

by amapola66 Updated Apr 22, 2005
    Road to Chichiriviche

I would say, the best way to go to Chichiriviche, would be to drive. Here a roadside snap through the car window on the road from Coro (3 Hours). We had an enjoyable journey, leaving at 4 am from Los Taques and witnessing a sunrise, some interestingly dusty 'one horse towns' and taking in some beautiful scenery.

(Having said that, there are some pretty dangerous stretches of road from Coro to Chichiriviche. Overtaking on blind bends and hills seemed to be a popular option).

Chichiriviche is 3.5 hours away from the international airport of Caracas. If you go by bus, you have to go to Valencia first. You can take the bus to Chichiriviche. You have to be there before 6 pm when the last bus leaves. (Don't take the bus to Coro since they'll leave you at a junction stranded).

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

getting around...

by call_me_rhia Written Aug 19, 2004

morrocoy tours

Wether it's by car or by boat that you want to move about in or near Chichiriviche, you can try the agency Morrocoy Tours. They arrange taxi service to the islands or even days tours to several beaches. Need a taxi? They can arrange one for you (which is a good thing, as traxis are hard to find in town). But.. a word of warning about the owner (Rito): he's one of the most annoying people on this planet. Once he decides you are his "client", it'll be really hard to egt rid of him.
    The agency is located outside the Hotel mario

• ezaguryk's Profile Photo

Getting to the keys

by ezaguryk Written Jul 18, 2004
    Chichiriviche piers

On the town you have the embarcaderos (small piers) where you take the peñero (small boat) that will take you to the keys and pick you up from the key of your preference, the price depend on how far you are going, also you can negotiate with them the price, you will find that a lot of people that will offer to take you.

Some guesthouse have the transportation included

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Chichiriviche

Comments

Chichiriviche Transportation

Reviews and photos of Chichiriviche transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chichiriviche sightseeing.

View all Chichiriviche hotels