Coro Transportation

The bus terminal in Coro

Most Recent Transportation in Coro

To Coro from Puerto Colombia

by MalenaN Written Sep 1, 2007

I took a morning bus from Puerto Colombia to Maracay . The ticket was 6000 Bs and it took 1 h 45 minutes (the driver was definitely driving to fast on this beautiful winding road). Buses from Puerto Colombia stop at the old part of the bus terminal. When I arrived I asked for buses to Coro and was told to go to the new part of the terminal. There they told me there was no bus to Coro, but I had to go back to the old part to take a bus to Valencia. On the way back I bought a baguette and fresh orange juice (5900 Bs) as I had left Puerto Colombia before the hostel opened for breakfast.
    Valencia is a big tow only 45 minutes away from Maracay and buses there are very frequent. When I had found the bus I only had to wait a few minutes before it took off. The ticket to Valencia was 4000 Bs (July 2007).
    I only spent a minute at the bus terminal in Valencia as I got the last seat on a bus to Coro. The bus ride to Coro took 4,5 hours and it was 25 000 Bs. Halfway we stopped to eat. There was an annual meeting for bikers in Coro that weekend so along the road we were constantly passed by motorbikes.
    From the bus terminal in Coro I took a taxi to the posada and it was 5000 Bs.

Street in Coro

From Coro to Taganga (Colombia) in one day

by MalenaN Written Aug 22, 2007

As I was going to change transport several times and cross the border I left the posada in Coro already at 6am. I found a taxi without walking too far, it was 5000 pesos to the bus terminal. At the terminal I decided to take a por puesto (shared taxi) to Maracaibo instead of the bus because it is faster. Not until 7.30 did the car get full so we could leave and about halfway we stopped to eat. The por puesto to Maracaibo was 30 000 Bs and took 3,5 hours.

As we arrived in Maracaibo I was immediately taken to another por puesto that was going to cross the border to Maicao in Colombia. It was also 30 000 Bs and it took 3 hours to Maicao. There were several police checkpoints along the way to the border. As we came to the first police the driver turned around and asked for money. I think he first asked for money from me and one of the man (but I‘m not sure he wanted me to pay as well). I had no intention to pay but only took out my passport from the bag. The man paid 5000 Bs and did so at several occasions. I soon realised he was travelling without a passport (I have later heard that is quite common at this border). Before leaving Venezuela you have to pay the departure tax, which is 37 500 Bs (July 2007). You must also leave the immigration form (if you have one from the airplane) or fill in a new form.
    At the Colombian side everything was very quick.

From Maicao I took a bus to Santa Marta. It was leaving half an hour after I had arrived and it took 4,5 hours to Santa Marta. The bus ticket was 20 000 pesos.

Outside the terminal in Santa Marta there are minibuses going to the city centre and Taganga for 1000 pesos. It took 45 minutes to Taganga as the minibus first drove through Santa Marta. It was after 7pm and dark when I arrived to Taganga, but there are a lot of people out at that time who you can ask for direction.

The bus terminal in Coro

Taxi in Coro

by MalenaN Written Jul 9, 2007

Where ever you go inside Coro you pay the same price with the taxi. In July 2007 it was 5000 Bs. From the bus terminal to the Posada and from the city centre to Los Medanos it is also 5000 Bs. After 21 in the night the price is 6000 Bs. This a taxi driver told me. He also told me it was 10 000 Bs to the beach (the nearest beach I guess).

Parque National M��danos de Coro

• TravelsALot's Profile Photo

Taxi in Northwest Venezuela

by TravelsALot Written Jan 5, 2005

The airline office in Aruba gave us the information to be met by a taxi in Punto Fijo for the day's tour (about $100). The taxi driver took us around for the day and got us checked back in at the airport. The airlines know people who speak english (we used Omar Bracho at taxisbracho@cantv.net)

• TravelsALot's Profile Photo

Airport for Coro

by TravelsALot Written Jan 5, 2005

The airport for Coro is at Punto Fijo, known as Las Piedras Airport. We went from Aruba on Sol America and then got a taxi (Omar Bracho at taxisbracho@cantv to take us to Coro. We got a referral from the Sol America desk in Aruba. It was a beautiful trip.

Instant Answers: Coro

Comments

Coro Transportation

Reviews and photos of Coro transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coro sightseeing.