Tucacas Restaurants

fishermen preparing shellfish
    by call_me_rhia

Best Rated Restaurants in Tucacas

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

beach restaurant: at la playelita

by call_me_rhia Updated Oct 16, 2004

The boatman who took us to La Playela told us if we wanted to have lunch on the island.. we said yes, so he took us to a smaller beach on the same island... a beach called la playelita. There's a small beach restaurant there: they ask you at what time you want to eat - and then they go out fishing... you'll eat the catch-of-the-day

Favorite Dish: a truly delicious pargo rojo!! to die for! and a very indifferent arepa!

the pargo

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

la reina del mar: the panaderia of your dreams

by call_me_rhia Updated Oct 16, 2004

What is that you're looking for??' a fresh fruit juice?? a slice of delicious cake??? a sandwich with about everything inside?? coffee??? or maybe some home speciality??? Nutella? Ovomaltine?? Pastrami??? Some peculiar foreigncheese??? OK, at the Reina del Mar you'll likely to find it.

Favorite Dish: Everything was wonderful... Drink the batidas, you won't be disappointed... same about sandwiches (try one with arab bread) and pizzas... did I mention the coffee?? wonderful!!!

your

Restaurant y Marisquería Venemar: seafood? Oh yes

by call_me_rhia Updated Oct 16, 2004

A wonderful restaurant with a wonderful owner... which always gave us a lift back to our hotel claiming it was too dangerous to walk (although we had always walked to his restaurant). Quite busy at the weekend - so it's better to make a reservation - and well, it tends to get posher, too at the weekend. iT's possible to pay in dollars and the exchange rate is really good.

Favorite Dish: We loved everything... prawns, pargo... but one dish we found quite intriguing and delicious: fried fish eggs!

friend fish eggs

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

"beach" food: at la playela

by call_me_rhia Updated Oct 16, 2004

When you take the boat to La Playela, they make ouy believe that you can only eat at th nearby playelita. Well, it's not completely true.. as we were lazying on te beach this fisherman came to us... he had an ice-box filled with lovely little things.

Favorite Dish: we had oysters with lime jiuce and some shell fish which we had never seen - but they were delicious. you pay by the number! A great snack

fishermen preparing shellfish

• Luchonda's Profile Photo

Boat restaurant - special delivery: Fresh seafood

by Luchonda Written Jan 9, 2005

It is quite unique to float on the water, stop at a piscina (lower water between two sandbanks, easy to recognize by the differtent color of water) and have your meal on the boat, or in the water.

Favorite Dish: Not that much to choose, shrimps - crawfish,
    vegetarian salad, rice. But delicious to taste it in this circumstances.

Boat delivery of food

Instant Answers: Tucacas

Comments

Tucacas Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Tucacas restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Tucacas sightseeing.