San Antonio del Táchira Travel Guide

San Antonio del Táchira

San Antonio del Táchira Transportation

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

by MalenaN Written Oct 25, 2008

Before you leave Venezuela you must pay the departure tax and get the exit stamp in your passport from the DIEX office in San Antonio (you don’t get it at the border). The office is situated on Carrera 9, between Calle 6 and 7. I arrived at the office at 6.50 in the morning and first paid the departure tax (46 BsF in July 2008) in a shop on the opposite side of the street. After getting the exit stamp I walked the five blocks down to Avenida Venezuela. A lot of people were walking over the border in both directions, but there were no one who asked for the passports. When I had crossed the bridge and had arrived in Colombia I couldn’t see the building where to get my entry stamp. I asked a police man and he pointed to a big white house, down a road I had already passed. The office is on the right side if you come from Venezuela.
    Well it is easy to miss the immigration/emigration office in both countries, but make sure you really get the stamp, or it can be very expensive later.
    From the immigration office I took a taxi to the bus terminal in Cúcuta. It was 10 000 pesos and took 20 minutes. In Cúcuta I found a shared taxi that was soon leaving for Pamplona. It was 13 000 pesos and with a lot of road construction along the road it took two hours to Pamplona. The family I had shared the taxi with were going to the same hotel as me so in Pamplona we shared another taxi, but it is actually walking distance to the hotel from the terminal.

Street in San Antonio

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

by MalenaN Updated Aug 14, 2008

I was at the bus terminal in Merida at 8am and at 8.30 there was a bus going to San Cristobal with the bus company Expressos Unidos. The price was 22 Bs (July 2008). It was a small bus with dark windows and thick curtains covering them. I want to travel by daytime so I can see the landscape, I also wanted to read. When I drew the curtain from the window where I was sitting there were big protests and I had to put the curtain back. I did not want to sit in darkness for six hours so I hid between the curtain and the window. When I later needed some air I saw that two other people were letting light in to the bus so so did I the rest of the trip. The bus stopped for about half an hour along the way at a cafeteria.

Arriving in San Cristobal I paid the departure tax (0,2 Bs) and sat down in a bus that was leaving for San Antonio. It was leaving when the bus was ful and so it was after 15 minutes. The ticket was 4,5 Bs (July 2008) and the journey took 1,5 hours. In San Antonio the bus was going in to town and I was dropped a few blocks from the hotel.

The Cathedral

• San Antonio del Táchira Hotels

0 Hotels in San Antonio del Táchira

Instant Answers: San Antonio del Táchira

Comments

San Antonio del Táchira Travel Guide
Map of San Antonio del Táchira