Sunrise Holidays Resort

Beaches Diving and Snorkeling Spa and Resort
See Amenities

Just fabulous!

by written on February 5, 2016

I spent very good this in this hotel, All the staff is very friendly from the arrival till your last minute in this hotel. Hotel has private beach and beautiful lagoon, On the beach every day you can get fresh towels, sun beds with umbrellas, Also close to the restaurant is pool - very warm and nice. 2 restaurants open for every meal and also you can reserve Mediterranean restaurant once during your stay - they have very nice sea food there. In the bar you can have many cocktails to spent nice evening. My room was nice and big (superior) with amazing sea view. Hotel is very clean.

Add to your Trip Planner

Amazing time in Sunrise Holidays!

by written on February 5, 2016

I would like to share with you my opinion about this amazing hotel. Spent there 1 week and it was really amazing time. At the begin Reception team was very nice and choose for us very nice room on the fourth floor. View was just amazing and every evening we enjoy sunrises on the balcony! Room was clean every day, spacious. The same bathroom - very clean, fresh towels, every day shower gels and shampoos. Now about the food - every time tasty and fresh. Every evening different buffet, my favorite one was Asian night. Than in the evening you can enjoy live music in the lobby bar with some nice cocktails or watch interesting animation show in Disco. Also hotel is located close to the city center with main street with all shops. Transfer to the airport taking very short time. In the end don't forget about girls from Guest Service - they can help you with every thing!

Amazing Experience

by written on January 28, 2016

One of the best hotel i have been ever visited, warm welcoming by smiley reception, then helpful guest relation during the check in process, the luggage boys are excellent. The staff in the restaurant are very active, the room cleanliness is perfect, helpful beach boys, the food tasteful and more variety and choices on the buffet. The animation team is very funny and they let us enjoy our stay there.
We needed during our stay many things to be handled and we found the reception very helpful and attentive and they helping us always with a nice smile and good spirit.In the check out they also were very good and wished us to come back and they did the same as they welcomed us with warm welcoming then the far welled us with the same feelings warmly.
i am diffidently we back to that nice hotel with its best staff.

Relaxing holiday

by written on January 27, 2016

This was our fourth visit to the Sunrise Holidays Resort. Everything was fabulous, as always. Very welcoming. The rooms are spacious and are cleaned daily, fresh towels, linen etc. Excellent choice of food in the restaurants, don't expect to go home the same weight! All staff are friendly and helpful. Special mention to beach barman, Omar, a pure gentleman and extremely efficient. Also, Hamada Mahmoud and Hamada Sayed, very friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble for them. We will definitely return.

The best hotel

by written on January 27, 2016

I just come from a nice holiday in my life in sunrise holidays resort. Really, it was so nice to feel at home. Thanks to all front office team. A wonderful wecoming with a good smile, quick check and quick check out. They were very helpful. Thanks to all guest service center team,always ready to help you and support you with all the information you need. Thanks to all the hotel management. For sure I will come back

Add to your Trip Planner

Room for Improvement

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 3, 2015

I stayed at this hotel for a fortnight and overall it was ok there were certain holiday experiences I could have done without and resulted in me vowing never to return.
I was given a nice room but the man who arranged it wanted a further tip for reception and his friend and really hounded me especially on my last day. He also wanted a letter of reccomendation from me, he was a very greedy man and put me off, if you are the slightest bit friendly they seem to latch onto you which is extremely annoying so don't smile too much or get friendly with any staff.
The room was big with large balcony and a sunlounger, but the bathroom was tired and there were cracks in the tiles, I was wary of cockroaches etc but did not see any thankfully.
The people working in the hairdressers shop within the hotel, situated above the main restaurant were very rude and would often shout things in Arabic and laugh loudly amongst themselves, I knew what they were saying because I understand some Arabic and even f you didn't you would know instinctively they were being rude, I had a word with management and they told me there had been a number of complaints about them and they were visibly disciplined.
Some of the chefs were a bit impatient and one just got really loud when asked a question about the dish he was serving choosing to scream an answer. The waiters were a bit over familiar with the female guests especially the solo females and it became irritating and would resort to sulking and ignoring you if you weren't interested in their attention.
The food was ok but a bit repetitive and there were flies over the salad. the desserts were varied but not always great. Some of the staff were ok though.
Take your own alarm clock as a requested wake up call does not always happen and you could miss your diving appointment or lose your money.
There was live entertainment and a singer in the lobby bar. There were many different nationalities at the hotel.
The beach was not the kind you can stroll along with the water lapping at your feet, it was quite deep water and there was a shallow area but too small an area and you often get hassled by the spa team selling you deals.
I did get sold one such deal although the massage was very good and a long term trapped nerve problem was resolved, I suggest you only go for the massage and spa exfoliation, forget the unhygenic jacuzzi!
The location was ok for the shops and bars were on the doorstep but you have to like Sekalla to stay here, I did not as it was dirty and full of seedy cheap hotels , teeming with salesmen hassling you and stray cats in the cafes.
Not the best area in Hurghada. However if you leave the hotel and turn left you can have a nice long walk along the corniche and there are nicer looking eateries there but I have not experienced them. The road leads you to the Marriott and better hotels.

lauzjp's Profile Photo

most under-rated hotel in Hurghada

by written on September 18, 2006

The rooms are spacious enough, the air conditioning is ace, the views are soooooo perfect, the rooms are well attended to and clean, snacks and cold drinks in the fridge...

I will add to this review. Message me and remind me to, ok!?

Unique Quality: If you go the right hand side of the lagoon, there are some rocks, and many many fish! You don't even need a snorkel - I just had swimming goggles. You can borrow snorkels and fins from the hotel, or go windsurfing for free, being all inclusive. Other bonuses are yummy food - I tried so many things I wouldn't at home - and constant drinks on tap! The service you get from the staff is outstanding.

Directions: It's quite near Papas' bar!

Prasnjavi's Profile Photo

Former Holiday Inn

by written on October 5, 2003

Former Holiday Inn hotel was such a great experience for us.
Very nice resort with, All Inclusive service, has its own small bay and the waves are not too big as outside of it.
It is not to far from the center of Hurghada and you can walk from there.

Unique Quality: There are two bigger restaurants, Yacht bar for a lunch, Dolphin bar with a grill, several coffee bars, pool bar at the swimming pool, fitness, massage, sauna, shops, exchange office, billiards, discotheque, children pool with a club, photo shop, safes (free, at the reception)...

You can see more on my travelogues.

Nearby Sunrise Holidays Resort

• Continental Breakfast
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Hurghada Travel Forum

Need advice about Hurghada, Egypt? Visit the Travel Forum for Hurghada and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Hurghada hotel reviews

Fantastic
Wonderful experience
real Italian Pizza, home made fresh Pasta, soups,
Restaurants
Great new beach bar and restaurant
Quad Bike Desert Adventure
From Cairo to Hurghada GO BUS
Why take a taxi?
Not bad !
Transportation
Safari, l will never forget you!
Papa's beach disco
Nightlife
Bowling
Group tours - bus tours
Local taxi
Amusement Park
Things to Do
Family scuba diving vacation in Hurghada :)
Amusement Park - tea time
Amusement Park - dinner and entertaining
Amusement Park - Pharmacy and Zoo
Amusement Park - Keffiyeh
Amusement Park - Camels riding
Things to Do
Don't miss the great seafood/grill's & soup's
Stella in Egypt
Sea gull cafe
Inconsiderate safari drivers
Warnings and Dangers
Amusement park - fake beduine village