JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai

Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

5 Star Luxury

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 16, 2014

The JW Marriott is a 5 star luxury hotel that overlooks Juhu Beach and the Arabian Sea. The hotel is open and spacious. The rooms are fairly small, but okay - some seafacing.

The food in any one of the several restaurants is pretty good - including the extremely popular (reservations required) Sunday brunch at the Lotus Cafe.

Enigma is the very popular nightclub where you can spot Bollywood celebrities partying with Marriott guests and young Mumbaikers well past Mumbai's curfew.

The pool area is nice but the spa is just okay - massages not the best. The best thing about the hotel is the Bombay Baking Company where you can get sandwiches, pastries, cappuccinos, etc. And if you need a special occasion cake, this is the place!!

Although Mumbai hotel prices are very high, I don't think this hotel is worth $400-500 a night for a regular room. If you are visiting for work in the actual "city" (Nariman Point, Curchgate) the Marriott is a good distance away, made worse by the awful traffic. They do have car service but it is expensive and there are no "freebies" here - no airport pickup, no breakfast - that are included at some of the other hotels.

The entire hotel is smoke-free.

Directions: About 20 minutes from the airport(s)

Really unhappy

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 18, 2007

There are many good points and features of this hotel such as the range of restaurants and food, gym and pool area. That is where it ended for me.

The room we received which was not just the standard room was incredibly pokey in size and really inappropriate for business use. I had taken my girlfriend there with me whilst on a business trip. In terms of being able to work from the room, this was impossible. There was hardly enough room to move around. We had originally booked to stay there for 8 nights but ended up leaving after 6 due to this.

As well as this, the night after we left, I took some clients to the Enigma nightclub which is in the hotel. We were of course refused entry as we were not hotel guests and we were an all male party. I had left the day before and settled a bill of around £1400. This fact did not matter. I was embarrassed and insulted as other groups of all males were permitted entry. A complaint by email upon my return home regarding the issue yielded no results.

This hotel in my opinion is not well equipped for the business traveller. The attitude is slightly arrogant which is not acceptable to me. It feels like the hotel is more interested in servicing the local Bollywood crowd than its own existing or potential international travellers.

Due to the issues we had here, I have instructed my employees to stop using all Marriott Hotels. There is much better for the money in Mumbai.

Unique Quality: Excellent restaurants and nice pool area.

Very nice hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 5, 2007

I stayed here the last time I was in Mumbai. It is a very nicely done hotel. The staff was excellent. Anything I needed or wanted they made happen.
The rooms are nice. They are a touch small, but nothing to complain about.
The hotel restaurants are very good also. I personally liked Spices the best. Great food. Do get reservations though. We ate there the night we got in, and were lucky to get a table.
The nightclub is a pretty happening spot. It was kind of quiet the night we went, but that was in the middle of the week. My friend had been there before on a happening night and he said it was pretty cool. The hotel staff said they tend to get quite a few Bollywood stars showing up there.
The gym was very nice. It is full of nice new equipment. There are also personal trainers on staff if you wish. I did not try the spa. I have heard from people that have used that spa that it is quite good.
I would recommend staying here. In fact I am staying here again the next time I go back.

Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

5 Star in the Suburbs

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 26, 2007

The pool area is nice but the spa is just okay - massages not the best. The best thing about the hotel is the Bombay Baking Company where you can get sandwiches, pastries, cappuccinos, etc. And if you need a special occastion cake, this is the place!!

The entire hotel is smoke-free.

Directions: About 20 minutes from the airport(s)

Steveharley's Profile Photo

Quality Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 6, 2006

Large swanky Hotel backing on to the beach. Facilities are top drawer, lovely interesting swimming pool with panoramic view of the ocean, plenty of sun longers, huge dining areas and some of the best breakfsat, lunch and dinner buffets I have ever seen. The room I had was a bit ..well...angular is the only way I can descibe it with one whole wall mirrored and a little on the small side.

Security was either very good or claustrophobic depending on your tastes, with room keys demanded for any exit of the hotel - even into the grounds. The beach was fully fenced off and security guards on the only gate.

There appeared to be a disco or event happening on the night I was leaving and the place was jumping.

If your on a quick business trip and you want to get in and out of Mumbai with little stress then this place is great, very efficient. Limo service collection and delivery to the Airport was arranged with minimum fuss and every courtesy.

Will definately stay there again.

Unique Quality: classy and close to Bollywood - so you never know who you will meet !

Directions: Don't know - about 30 mins from the airport by car

sachin2627 Apr 8, 2014 at 11:55 PM

I am Sachin Staying in Room No. 548 From Past 2 Days. There Was Some Technical Issue in Processing The Card for the Payment For Which These People Had not Waited For an Hour Before Which They have Deactivated my Room Key and when I ask about this to a floor Manager He Cant Even Speak Proper English And He says that he would get someone to sort this out for which I had to wait out of the Room for 15 min like a dog. Most Terrifying Experience I have ever Had while Traveling. I gonna Sue this People in Consumer Court with a Defamation Case. This Would happen in 24 hours Time.

Nearby JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai

JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai

• Jw Marriott Mumbai Juhu
  • Jw Marriott In Mumbai

Address: Juhu Tara Road, Juhu Beach, Mumbai (Bombay), Maharashtra, 400049, India

3 Photos of JW Marriott Hotel Mumbai

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Mumbai Travel Forum

Need advice about Mumbai, India? Visit the Travel Forum for Mumbai and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Mumbai hotel reviews

Elephanta Caves
Hanging Gardens
Dhobi Ghat - Mumbai's Laundry
Things to Do
THIEVE'S MARKET (CHOR BAZAAR)
Shopping
Trilogy Nightclub
FESTIVALS
Ship
Transportation
Visiting local students really makes your day!
Things to Do
Visiting local students really makes your day!
Airport Taxi