Neemrana Fort-Palace

See Amenities

Flying Over Zip Lines at Flying Fox Neemrana

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 29, 2016

In our journey to Neemrana fort palace, I witness some never seen before sites and became more excited. When we reach the Neemrana fort, I saw the mountain beneath which looks like a demon and I felt like a so small in comparison to it. The reason behind might be that I had never had such a close view of any such mountains.

Upon reaching the Neemrana Palace, we were warmly greeted by the hotel staff. The first look to the palace was overwhelming and it was a pure fusion of traditional architecture with modern amenities. There I find Flying fox zip lining mentioned on the top of major activities conducted in the fort palace. At the entrance, I paid for the zip lining in advance online from the Official website of Flying Fox at http://flyingfox.asia which provided me with some great discounts and a free entry to the fort as well.

As I was a newbie to the place, I keep following the official till we reach Flying Fox office. It was a 2-mins walk to reach our office from Fort entrance. In the way, I witness the amazing build up of the fort which was majorly constructed from stones giving it a traditional look. I saw a pool in the mid way as well which look like shining due to the reflection of the sun rays upon it.

As we reached the flying fox office, we were warmly greeted by all the flying fox staff and there were handshakes all around. I got to see some new faces and there was a small exchange of introduction between us. From there, I saw the 5 zip line wires which is starting from the top of the mountain and gets ended on the top of Neemrana fort where flying fox office is located.

As I came from a long journey, a coffee was enough to make me awake for the most thrilling zip line tour. We had coffee at fort cafeteria which was marvelous in context of the ambience and build up.

Again we reach the flying fox office, where they equipped us with a waist harness according to my weight. They additionally provided me to wear the chest harness as well; I thought they might be thinking that I am a bit heavy which the case wasn’t. It was actually due to the regulation they follow for the person who is getting the waist harness of size 2 needs to wear the chest harness as well. They gave me water as well which I will use while trekking to the top of the mountain.

We reach at the top of the mountain at around 11 am. During our trek we were accompanied by two senior instructors: Laxman & Kundan. There were two rest points where we got a chance keep our breaths.

Upon reaching the mountain top, Laxman who is one of the instructor gave me some instructions regarding the zip line and gave me a live demo on the training zip line as well. I also first started with zipping on the training wires.

Then they took me to the start of the first zip (. I was a bit worried at the start but when actually did it; felt like flying in the sky and down there was houses which looks so small to me. The second zip which is the longest became my favorites as it took some time to reach from the start to the end and in the meanwhile I was enjoying the sheer beauty of Neemrana from the top. I also ask one of the instructors to make a video of this particular zip line. I did all the remaining 3 zip line tours without any fear.

In the last zip line, we ended on the top of the Neemrana fort palace where our office is located. We all reached the office we remove all the safety equipments we were wearing.

As it was 1 pm on the clock, we were a bit hungry after all that hard work though you can say thrilling work. At around 2 pm I was ready to leave from there.

I reached Delhi by 4:15 pm as the journey took us more than 2 hours due to some traffic jams.

So at the end of the day, I would say that the zip line trip to Neemrana become one of my favorites and I can’t forget the thrilling experience of 5 zip wire. I would definitely recommend this for all adventurous people living in Delhi, Gurgoan & Noida as it is the best among places to visit near Delhi for one day trip.

I would definitely suggest you to book your zipping online from the Flying Fox Official website and book your time slot as per choice.

Add to your Trip Planner
DAO's Profile Photo

A Real Palace

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 22, 2016

I have written a few reviews where I have described some nice hotels as ‘palatial’. This really is a Palace and a fort. Neemrana Fort-Palace was originally built in 1464 became the capital of the descendants of Prithviraj Chauhan III. He had been expelled from Delhi In 1192 and they created a new kingdom here. Although it lost territory to other kingdoms, it continued to exist even after British rule. In 1947, Raja Rajinder Singh of Neemrana moved away as the centuries of weather had left the Fort-Palace in poor condition. It was to take him 40 years to get someone to buy it. Now it’s a thriving, exciting and historic hotel. The fort complex is perched high on a hill dominating the local valley for miles around. It so high they even offer a zip-line down to the village below. The outside gardens, walls and even cannons are amazing to see.

Some of the rooms are a little small and it’s obvious that most did not originally have ‘bathrooms’. They all do now, but some only have a shower. All the rooms have air-conditioning. Some of the rooms and even suites are not only fit for a King, but even his entourage. I had the privilege of seeing more than 30 of the rooms. When I explained I was a Hotel Reviewer for Virtual Tourist the General Manager arrived with several staff and a lot of keys!

Some of the suites were on several levels and were simply amazing. Inn a few of the rooms the manager pointed out some of the older features. In between rooms we walked past the 2 beautiful swimming pools, around multiple levels of gardens and saw monkeys playing across the complex. I was also allowed to see a few private function rooms with beautiful chandeliers, antique furniture and probably priceless pieces of art.

This is just simply amazing. Their published rates start around $174 per room per night. Having said that, I have found deals at $100 and below on a few websites and I would be willing to bet they will negotiate a rate.

Unique Quality:

OVERVIEW:
• A hilltop fort with 7 palace wings over 2.5 hectares/6 acres across twelve levels
• 63 rooms and a rooftop tent accommodating 190 guests
• Two beautiful outdoor pools, full spa and fitness studio
• Free Wi-Fi
• Lunch is available for non-residents, pre-booking required
• Free car parking (free accommodation for guest chauffeurs)
• Tour desk, luggage storage, Concierge service, laundry, ironing
• Conferences and Weddings

ROOMS:
• Types: 3 Duplex Deluxe Suites, 10 Deluxe Suites, 3 Grand Suites, 2 Duplex Suites, 8 Suites, 10 Small Suites, 6 Grand Rooms, 28 Rooms, and 1 Rooftop Tent
• Air-conditioning, excellent beds, private bathroom, excellent toiletries
• NO TV or room service in keeping with the historical setting
• Minibar, desk, wardrobe and tea/coffee making facilities
• Breakfast included
• Some rooms have no views of the panorama, ask first

FOOD, DRINK and LEISURE:
• 2 Swimming pools, spa, fitness facilities
• 2 restaurants: Hawa Mahal (Indian snacks), Jalgiri (Indian, Chinese, Italian and Thai)
• Silehkhana Bar
• 5-track aerial zip lining, Vintage Car tours, Camel rides

PACK BEFORE YOU ARRIVE:
• The hotel does not have a shop except souvenirs, so pack swimming/walking gear

Directions:
2.2 miles from the local Bus Station. 24.9 miles from Rewari Railway Station . 68 miles from Indira Gandhi International Airport.

Add to your Trip Planner

• Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Neemrana Travel Forum

Need advice about Neemrana, India? Visit the Travel Forum for Neemrana and ask our Answer Gurus.