Union Territory of Delhi Hotels

Our Members Say

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 5523

Shanti Home: 50/50

Will you get a great night’s sleep, enjoy the wonderfully decorated hotel and the fantastic rooftop restaurant? Will you feel it’s a cosy self-contained hotel or will you feel it’s really far from other Well, I would say you have a 50% chance. I stayed here twice. Shanti Home was actually chosen for me by my tour company. My first stay was amazing. When I arrived I was warmly greeted in reception and, because I had arrived at 6 in the morning, I was invited to sleep in one of the lounges on an upper floor. The furniture was so large and comfortable that I slept until my room was ready. Later I was shown to my Luxury Room at the top – and most importantly – the rear of the hotel. I stayed in their room named “Backwaters”. It’s a massively wide room, has a great bed, big desk, plenty of closet space and a basic bathroom. For all the amazingly ornate rooms, hallways, lounges and the roof terrace, it is bizarre that all the bathrooms are so basic and unadorned (showers only).

The roof terrace is awesome. In the mornings they have a chef who will make you a nice omelette and the breakfast options are amazing. Lunch and dinner are excellent as well. It’s definitely a relaxing place to have a few beers and look out over the city. I stayed here for several blissful days and thought the hotel was perfect. The only thing odd is that this amazing hotel is in a run-down area. I had to search to find a local corner shop. The only other alternative dining options and any shopping required a ride of 15 minutes on the nearby metro.

Then I returned a little over a week later. I was greeted warmly with a Birthday Cake as they had noted it was my Birthday. Nice touch. This time they gave me a Premium Room called “Goa”. The second I walked into it I could hear the loud traffic outside. I was informed at reception that the other 16 rooms were taken. So lot of horns sounding all night. It’s a shame, but this put a damper on my nice meal at the rooftop Lantern Terrace Restaurant. The room was more basic, the bathroom small, and I could just hear car horns.

So if you do decide on this hotel, ensure you have a room at the rear – only. Otherwise, give it a miss and stay at the historic Maidens Hotel . There is NO chance of noise there.

OVERVIEW:
• 17 individually decorated rooms in an off-pitch location. Quiet at the back (only)
• Wonderful rooftop restaurant called The Lantern – Terrace Garden Restaurant
• Beautiful lobbies and well decorated throughout
• Air-conditioned and free Wi-Fi
• Excellent staff and nothing is a problem
• Stairs and a lift

ROOMS:
• Room types: Luxury, Premium and Deluxe
• Good beds, well decorated bedrooms, air-conditioned
• Basic bathrooms with shower and average toiletries

FACILITIES:

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Gay and Lesbian, Women's Travel, Family Travel
  • Written October 11, 2015

Shanti Home Boutique Hotel - New Delhi, India

• chettiarmm profile photo chettiarmm
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Awesome: !!!!Best Stay!!!!

There are many positive points to hotel la suite, here I would like to tell u while offering a slightly different perspective.

To acknowledge other reviewers, the hotel is classy, the service is excellent in the true meaning of the word and the food is of a very high standard.

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.... the first word that comes to my mind.
This hotel is ultra modern and extremely efficient. Airport pickup service works well. Breakfast spread was good and they offer an additional service of a breakfast on ala cart exception of buffet and takeaway coffee should you be running short of time. I have no negative comments to make about this hotel.
Complimentary WiFi.. that means always in touch of internet...
Enjoy ur stay if u r in n must go if u wanted to go delhi..

• Related to: Theme Park Trips, Luxury Travel
  • Written October 3, 2013

• victorwkf profile photo victorwkf
  • Reviews: 4529

Hotel Parkland (Part 2)

Here are more photos of Hotel Parkland (Green Park), which is beyond my expectations for a small hotel. After our daily tours of Delhi, my wife and I looked forward to returning to this clean and comfortable place to rest.

Lastly, the service and staff are good, and the food at the restaurant is not bad either :)

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written December 1, 2008

Hotel Parkland, Delhi, India

• victorwkf profile photo victorwkf
  • Reviews: 4529

Hotel Parkland (Part 1)

The Hotel Parkland (Green Park) is a very good hotel to stay in. Although it is not very big, it was newly renovated when my wife and I were there in January 2008. The room was very beautifully furnished (see photos), spacious and with a big LCD TV. Furthermore, the lobby and the dinning area are also very new and beautiful, which is very different from the chaotic streets outside.

See part 2 of this tip for more photos and information.

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written December 1, 2008

Hotel Parkland, Delhi, India

• cimicak profile photo cimicak
  • Reviews: 28

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Vishal: acceptable

This hotel has been recommended in "budget category" of LP and and that usually means immediate increase of prices and decrease of quality.
We paid Rs 400,- for double in 01/2008 and the impression of the room was not just positive - the cleanness of bedding was (at least visually) at the lowest level even in comparison with other budget hotels in India and the room smelled of mildew.
Very polite staff (offering very expensive tea) arranged after second complain that the boiler situated on the corridor started to work and I have to admit that the water was since than really nicely hot. That is the reason why I describe the hotel as still acceptable.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written June 24, 2008

• NYTim profile photo NYTim
  • Reviews: 111

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Master Paying Guest House: Delhi's Best Accomodation

MPGH is in the New Rajainder Colony in New Delhi. It is quite short walk from the chaos of the city streets and a metro ride from the city center at Connought Circle. The owners, Ushi and Avni, go out of their way to make visitors feel welcome. On arrival you are greeted with a nice cold drink and then then shown to your room. The guest house has five or six rooms -- three on the roof and the others down stairs. The rooftop rooms are more sociable as the common area is out side with chairs and tables arranged tastefully. Down stairs the rooms have semi private balconies with a small table and two comfy chairs. I preferred the upstairs as it was easier to mingle with the other guests.

The rooms are spotless and tastefully appointed with Indian artifacts. The bathrooms and showers are shared but I never had to wait more than a few minutes to use them. One little word of warning -- when using the toilet the waste tissue is deposited in a little can, with a lid, that sits beside the toilet bowl. Other than that, no worries. Breakfast, dinner and snacks are available on request as are water and soft drinks.

Taxis to restaurants -- a must at night in Delhi -- pick you up, wait until you finish your meal, and return you to the house for a cost of 450 rs approx $5.50.

The Metro station -- Karol Bagh is a 15 minute walk or a five minute, 20 rs, rickshaw ride from MPGH.

I did not use their travel services but those who I spoke to said they were very happy with the arrangements. For the budget minded traveler or even those well heeled people, this is a fantastic place.

It is in a quiet residential street a few minutes from the chaos of the Shanker Road. From the rooftop, I saw birds, monkeys and i watched the children, in the morning ,walk to the nearby school. There are shops, banks and food markets withing walking distance.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Architecture, Budget Travel, Singles
  • Written October 14, 2007
Tip Photo

The view from the roof of MPGH

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful