Life in Amed Boutique Hotel

Tags

Diving and Snorkeling Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Sailing and Boating
See Amenities
marquin59's Profile Photo

Say "Hallo" to Suzi & book to round table !

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 28, 2015

Amed is cool.Rustic. Lots of locals.Chooks. Dogs on the road. Little kids selling Amed sea salt along the way. So laid back. Still a little Bali crazy. But I feel my most comfortable here . Walking alone and hitching a scooter ride with some smiley local. They always stop if you hail them down on the up hill walk, on the way home, has got too hard. Then the next day they see you again , and stop to offer you another ride. Just love it. The freedom. The friendliness. The trust. The Bali people.

The Amed boys playing Bob Marley tunes at night at local warungs. Its cruisy. I could actually live here.

The hill country is like the Otways on steroids. Went up to a village called Bunglee (wrong spelling, correct pronounce). Was incredible. Visited a lovely man & his dear wife, who I meet 4 years ago when in Amed, they work at Katana Villa.

Best finds in Amed.....Iced Coffee at "Komang Johns Resturant". I wandered in there most mornings....Wifi was super fast....girls there are delightful . And Komang John happily lets you cool off in the gorgeous pool . I took a tour of the villas there "Blue Moon Villas". I have Villa No 2 across the road earmark for my next solo trip.

Stunning. Old world colonial Bali....lots of carved dark wood, fresh muslin trimmed with white lace nets over the biggest bed Ive ever seen. To hear the ocean, chill on day bed. Just heavenly ! It had a really nice energy too. And was offered a 35% on the room for next May ;-)

Best fish in Amed at Warang Sabar called Pepse Ikan, my partner & I took a mouthful and just stared at each other in total disbelief. How fish could taste THIS good. Baked in traditional banana leaf with lemon grass, chilli, ginger, garlic. We love our fish. And never had we tasted anything SO good. Ketut the wonderful owner, with a smile as big as Texas, so proud of his café. His wife & daughter do the cooking. He was thrilled with our feedback. It cost AU$4.80c. Excellent meal.

Did some nice swimming & snorkelling near "Blue Star Café" good place to spend a lay back day,AU$6.00 massages on the beach.Or you can go up to Om Shanti for Sunti to give you a strong incredible massage.She will pick you up on her scooter from Blue Star Café.

Money change rate in Amed is poor. Get money changed in Kuta/Ubud before going there.

Great Amed driver for day trips Made Sani (lady) who also owns the best venue in Amed to watch the sun set. Waenis Sunset Resturant. This woman drives like wonder woman. Very competent. Great A/c vehicle. She knows this area so well, she was born and breed here.

Also treat yourself to a meal at "Life In Amed" ask for Suzi, she will look after you, and the round table, was a wonderful night.

Did 2 hrs of crazy shopping before we flew out along Jl Legian. Went to Guardian Chemist & stocked up on the incredible Bali hair crème bath stuff & other lovely Bali smelly treats. Found a perfume for AU$6.00....called "Purity" by Regazzo.....now I smell like one of those sweet Bali girls who breeze past you & smell so delicious.

Love you Bali, bcos you're so mental. And so crazy, but so chilled, so loving, so laid back, so magical........... aboard my aircraft I close my eyes and leave the ground with a heavy heart feeling............I want more......I want to know you better Bali.......I want to go back to Ubud to the Payogan early morning market........I want to discover Lovina.....snorkel over on Nusa Lembongan....I want to swim at Ulawata.... all the things I didn't get to do this time.............I miss you already...... you are like a lover that drives one crazy and can never get enough of. Till I see you again. Mimpi Manis

SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo

Life is Sweet

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 28, 2010

I was more than happy with my two-story cottage at Life in Amed. It contained both A/C and a ceiling fan, a wonderful outdoor shower and filtered water via a water cooler in the room. The service at the hotel was good, the food at the restaurant was average and the pool area was lovely. I slept like a baby during my stay here and would not hesitate to return. In fact, I was sad to leave!

Unique Quality: Life in Amed is located directly on the beach, which is filled with small fishing boats. They can arrange boat trips or day excursions for you, as well as arranging transportation to A Spa, which is a short distance away. They very thoughtfully provide shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and hand soap in the bathroom.

Directions: Lean Beach, Amed

yayiw's Profile Photo

In the middle of fishermen's village

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 6, 2008

It's very nice and cheap. Entering the bungalow, I called the front desk to make sure that this really was I booked for. I couldn't believe it's so big a bungalow.
The service is exceptional. They'll treat you like a VIP

Unique Quality: Great views, small pool but nice.

Nearby Life in Amed Boutique Hotel

• Continental Breakfast
  • Suites
  • Airport Transportation

Amed Travel Forum

Need advice about Amed, Indonesia? Visit the Travel Forum for Amed and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Amed hotel reviews

Blue Moon Villas
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 5 Reviews
Hidden Paradise Cottages
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Explore Deeper into Amed
bus hopping / snorkelling
Things to Do
Diving and snorkelling in the Amed area
Strolling the beaches