Ibis Hotel

Tags

Business Travel
See Amenities
go_AIR's Profile Photo

One of business trip accomodation in Pekanbaru

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 16, 2007

The hotel is located within 15 minutes taxi drive from the airport. Quite away from downtown, and there is no interesting places in the surrounding except Mal Ska, located about 10 mins walk from the hotel.
My last visit was two days ago (mid May 2007). I stayed in a standard room, with published rate of Rp. 320,000 (around 35 usd) since we book directly at the hotel. It was okay, the room is equipped with standard tv, minibar, free wifi internet access, clean bedsheets, carpet, etc. I requested non-smoking room with views to Pekanbaru downtown. As one of Accor chain, it offers 15 minutes guarantee for services. I tried to ask for my slippers which they didn't put in my room(along with my toilet towels) and they deliver it within five minutes. They offer buffet breakfast, which is okay in terms of freshness and variety of food, ranging from western to local delicacies.

Unique Quality: The furniture and interior fitting of the hotel, including in the room, looks new and clean. It soothes my nerves to find my bedsheets and bathroom (including towels, accessories) are clean. Even I can smell the soap/toothpaste is not a "god knows how long it has been there" products. Despite you'll laugh at how small the pool is, it is good to know that they have small gym. I didn't bring my exercise shoes so I didn't try it.
The free wifi internet access is a hot offer for business traveller like me, sadly I can't comment about the access since it's not working in my room and I haven't got the chance to try it in the public space (lounge).

Directions: It was located on a quite big street of Jalan Soekarno Hatta. If you're coming from the airport, just ask for airport taxi to the hotel. Taxi rate of 60,000 rupiah incl. airport charge.

Add to your Trip Planner

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Pekanbaru Travel Forum

Need advice about Pekanbaru, Indonesia? Visit the Travel Forum for Pekanbaru and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Pekanbaru
Fly Air Asia to Pekanbaru
Transportation
Sultan Syarif Kasim II Airport (PKU)
Garuda Indonesia