Jalan Sultan Kuala Lumpur, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Tags

Spa and Resort Business Travel Arts and Culture
See Amenities
myansweris235's Profile Photo

The hotel was good, I unfortunately had a bad trip

by written on November 13, 2015

The room was big enough but my trip there was bad. My dad's phone(iPhone) was pickpocketed! Yes! It was a bad experience. The hotel was near a small mall, so we could get our food and stuff there as well.

aussirose's Profile Photo

Parkroyal Hotel in the City Centre

by written on September 6, 2010

Our first time in KL and my friend Paula who came with us suggested we stay here on the recommendation from a friend. We don't normally stay in 5 star hotels but what the heck?...why not enjoy some luxury once in a while :o)

The hotel is right in the city centre so close to everything. There's a big shopping centre up one way and Times Square in the other direction. The monorail stop is close by. And the staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Daily buffet breakfast was included in our deal and again.....a smorgasboard variety of foods and tastes!!....yummy!

Relaxing by the pool with a cool Tiger beer after a big morning in the heat was also welcome :o)

All in all, our stay at the Parkroyal was pleasant and comfortable and I recommend it.

One of KL's Perfect Hotel

by written on September 23, 2009

This hotel is one of the best hotel I have stayed in KL (Bukit Bintang area). The location is near Bukit Bintang which is central area in KL. You can find EVERYTHING in that area! Breakfast is also perfect! A lot of variety. Room is excellent. Very comfy, very clean, luxurious and has a good view! Their service is perfect! Very fast and friendly. I met one of Indian woman housekeeping staff who is very prompt and friendly in giving me service. And the receptionist staff is also very helpful! At that time, I was in hurry to go to airport. He helped me a lot in booking taxi and even he helped me to contact my husband's HP (Indonesia's number) because we were already late but I think my husband got lost. However everything is under control because of his help. He looks like either Malay or Indian man. Thanks to him!

Furthermore, for all the advantages the hotel gives to us and as 5th star hotel, the rate is considered very cheap and very worth it! I WOULD DEFINETELY RECOMMENT THIS HOTEL TO ALL OF MY FRIENDS WHO WANT TO GO TO KL!

Thanks Park Royal! Because of you, I have a wonderful experience in staying at KL!

melblue's Profile Photo

good central location

by written on May 1, 2009

the hotel has a great central location, surrounded by restaurants, shopping malls and monorail stops. We stayed for four days in july and we were sad to leave.

Unique Quality: Good facilities, great restaurants, great views of KL's skyline and a reasonable sized pool.

leanne_pearc's Profile Photo

Luxury Hotel

by written on November 2, 2008

This hotel is located close to the main shopping area (Bintang Walk). It is a 5 star hotel and has a grand marble lounge area that has a great atmosphere at night. The service is above average and the rooms are very comfortable and clean.

The Best Location

by written on June 25, 2008

Recently had two vsits to this hotel and was very impressed. Booked a Orchid Club room which I would recommend to anyone travelling to KL. The rooms are excellent and the staff very helpful and professional.
The hotel is located next to the busy shopping area and offers a comfortable retreat.
My only criticism is their Chatz Brasserie which did not provide the meal ordered and was below average.
This will be my first choice on future visits to KL.

Unique Quality: Location, Rooms, Service

SLLiew's Profile Photo

Downtown hotel near Bukit Bintang

by written on July 28, 2007

Have stayed here a few times for business travel as well as a Convention held in the hotel.

Excellent room with great service. Great location for walking distance to all the shopping complex, restaurants and night entertainment along Jalan Bukit Bintang.

Complimentary car park for hotel guests is great as parking fee is high and security a concern in this area.

GOOD INTERIORS

by written on December 25, 2006

I stayed here for 3 days most of my time was spent in conference and business talk in the hotel itself.very less time was spent in the room.but i always felt that i was at home.

the service is courteous. waiters dont hang on for tips neither do they suggest anything to indicate it.

that is GOOD SERVICE - SERVICE WITHOUT EXPECTATIONS- THEN YOU DONT MIND GIVING A TIP AT THE END OF THE STAY. THAT IS ASIAN HOSPITALITY FOR YOU.

the business centre was good rooms wi fi enabled. rooms had tea coffee makers iron with board shoe shine everything that a businessperson would think of.
at the time of check in i was asked to wait for an hour. but the pleasant receptionist informed me that since there was a delay breakfast was on the house.

Unique Quality: very good interiors that is what i felt. the hitel is surrounded by small little corners like the garden tennis court swimming pool.

it gives me the impression of an oasis in a concrete jungle.

when i was waiting in the atrium for my check in the open atmosphere made me feel fresh even after a long flight.

Convenient location

by written on September 20, 2006

Stayed at this hotel during my first 2 days in KL. It’s situated in a good location, Bukit Bintang where there is a high concentration of tourists here. So accommodation, public transportation, nightlife and entertainment can easily be found. For the shopping enthusiasts, this hotel is walking distance to Berjaya Times Square, Sungei Wang Plaza, Lot 10, Starhill.

Rooms are well-equipped with coffee/tea making facilities, a safe box, mini bar, cable TV, etc. Usual stuff.

Loved the breakfast here. There’s a variety of food from nasi lemak to cereal to pastries to roti canai to waffles to salads to sushi.. to everything really!

WStat's Profile Photo

in the center of action

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 4, 2006

The Plaza Parkroyal is a rather new, nicely styled hotel, resembling many other Parkroyals you might already know; it impresses with great hospitality,very tastefully decorated function- and guestrooms, charming waitresses and good food.The service is not always meeting higher expectations
The hotel ist centrally located on Jalan Sultan Ismail, close to the business and shopping districts (and -malls). A Brasserie with continental and asian specialities, a Chinese restaurant and the Parkroyal Grill for steaks as well as the 24-hour coffeeshop cater for tourists and businesspeople.
Squash courts, a gymn and outdoor-pool are ready for the workout.

Unique Quality: Centrally located, close to the airport-train station, deals available!

Directions: In the heart of KL`s "Golden Triangle"

Tattugran's Profile Photo

A NICE HOTEL TO STAY IN

by written on July 19, 2006

We find this hotel very pleasing.The staff are friendly and helpful.It is in a good location. The dining area is huge and the breakfast they serve up caters to all tastes from western food t asian.

Unique Quality: The view from our room was very relaxing. The dining area had a great feel to it. there is a pool area. sauna, coffee shop, everything you need for a relaxing stay

BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Grand, modern & great location

by written on July 16, 2006

The Grand Plaza Parkroyal is one I have come to many, many times in the past to the point I know the concierge & bartender by name. It has undergone a major multi-million refurbishment / upgrade to bring the hotel to the 21 century. Really, before this, it was quite run down with old style rooms and funky smells. Once, the plumbing got so bad, I didn't have water for a whole day. It's saving grace was it's great location smack in the middle of the Golden Triangle with major shopping center and popular night spots as neighbours

After the major makeover, it has metamorphasised into a beauty worthy of its place. The rooms have totally changed from zero to zen. Clean & modern is the theme of the rooms. The weird thing about the regular rooms is that only the shower & toilet is in a separate room. The bathroom sink is part of the bedroom so your partner can catch you brushing your teeth from the bed!

Nevertheless, for the new look and location, it's a great place to stay ☺

Unique Quality: I've always been happy with the restaurants here especially the Chatz Brasserie and Parkroyal Grill which have always been popular

Directions: Just next to Lot 10 shopping mall

aukahkay's Profile Photo

Hotel in the heart of the Golden Triangle of KL

by written on January 19, 2006

The Grand Plaza Park Royal Hotel KL is very conveniently located in the Golden Triangle area of KL where there are numerous shopping malls and restaurants. I stayed at the Club floor where there is free flow of drinks and finger food throughout the day.
The hotel is just opposite the Sungei Wang Plaza where you can buy cheap IT products and pirated DVD and software. Starhill, Lot 10 and Times Square are also a short walking distance from the hotel. The Bukit Bintang monorail station is just a 5-minute walk away.

Unique Quality: The Club floor lounge offers great views of the Bukit Bintang area. It is cozy and you can relax by the window with drinks and finger food. The service is very personalised and efficient.

Directions: In the heart of the Golden Triangle of Kuala Lumpur, near Bukit Bintang monorail station.

nancy80's Profile Photo

Perfect Location, Good Prices & Great Hotel

by written on November 12, 2005

I booked this hotel through the internet (www.asiahotels.com). We went during the Christmas/New Year season and spent at first 1 night there and then came back again for another 2 nights (which I had asked my sister to reserve online for us). The second time we returned, there was a problem that the reservation could not be found on their system and I did not have a printout with me. However, the receptionist was courteous enough to check us in at the standard rate untill the online reservation showed up on the system. The hotel rooms are very modern and clean (althought the frosted glass doors of the shower/toilet felt a little weird and uncomfortable but I liked it anyway). The first room we stayed at looked out on the pool (which we didn't use during our stay as time was too limited). The second room faced Berjaya Times Square. Most of the hotel staff are friendly, helpful and informative. There are various sightseeing trips available through the reception at very good prices. We booked a Batu Caves tour with them which included several other stops (Royal Salengor pewter factory, insect and butterfly farm, rubber trees) which was all in all a fun and interesting tour which filled about half a day and cost much less than if we had gone only to the Batu Caves by ourselves!

Unique Quality: The hotel couldn't be more conveniently located. Being very close to the Bukit Bintang street, it is right in the middle of everything. You are within walking distance to many restaurants/cafes/malls/China Town and even the Petronas Towers/SURIA KLCC (although a bit of a long walk). The hotel is situated opposite the Berjaya Times Square (great shopping mall and entertainment center). Also, closeby is the monorail for when you want to go outside the golden triangle. The combination of all these qualities made our stay very enjoyable. Highly recommend this hotel. You cannot beat the combination of value and quality in this area. Although when I checked the current year's prices for the same period, I was shocked to see they have increased their (online) rates by about 60% in just one year!! I wonder if this increase applies to all the KL hotels or just this one. Nevertheless, its prices are still within the average range considering it is a 5 star hotel in such a location in such a city.

Directions: Golden Triangle

adelaidean's Profile Photo

Very central to everything in KL

by written on June 19, 2005

The hotel was very central to everywhere we wanted to go. The rooms were a little dated, but large and very clean. Breakfast was included, and it was absolutely faultless. It didnt matter what time you went to eat, it was always very fresh and served with a smiling face.
I would recommend this hotel to others.

Unique Quality: The hotel had a number of restaurants and bars. The main bar had entertainment as well, so we didnt have to go far for a quiet drink.
The pool was near the gym on the top level.
The hotel is excellent for getting around as it is in the main shopping area, with the monorail just down the road a few metres.

Nearby PARKROYAL Kuala Lumpur

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Kuala Lumpur Travel Forum

Need advice about Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia? Visit the Travel Forum for Kuala Lumpur and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kuala Lumpur hotel reviews