Bandos Island Resort

Diving and Snorkeling Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Luxury Travel
See Amenities
hanspeter_W.'s Profile Photo

by written on November 22, 2014

stayed three days on Bandos island..just perfect time to relax and enjoy
we had breakfst and dinner time we would choose brekfast only to enjoy the lovely food on the different restaurants

Unique Quality: very friendly reception..we got upgrade up standard room to deluxe seaview nr.123 is very well located

Directions: 10 km by speedboat from male airport

davidvidgen's Profile Photo

Bandos Island

by written on December 14, 2012

I stayed at Bandos Island in 2005. I can honestly say this was the best holiday I have ever had.

Although it is probably not the best island resort in the Maldives, staying in a jacuzzi beach villa is something special.

The service is good. Prior to traveling I was able to arrange a meal on a deserted island where I proposed to my girlfriend (now wife). This cost just $300 dollars including transfer and some absolutely amazing food.

Unique Quality: Jacuzzi Beach Villa is something special.

lhany's Profile Photo

nice 4 start resort :)

by written on September 29, 2011

Double/twin bed, tiled floor, mini bar, International Direct Dial telephone, air-conditioning, beach beds with beach chairs, bathroom with shower, hot & cold water, hair dryer, satellite television, tea/coffee making facilities and electronic safety deposit box.

tar Rating: 4 star
Distance From Airport: 7 km
Transfer by Speed boat: 20 Mins
Number of Rooms: 225 rooms

Unique Quality: Adapters, Aerobics, Air conditioning, Airline, Baggage, Books / Newspapers, Cyber Cafe, Boat hire, Cashier, Cheques, Credit Cards, Diving, Excursions, Facsimile, Foreign exchange, Gymnasium, Hair dryer, Mini bar, Non-smoking areas, Personal computer, Photocopying, Safet, Sauna, Sports and Recreation, Steam bath, Swimming pool, Television, Tea and coffee making facility, Telephone, Water sports

Directions: located in North Malé' Atoll, about 7 kilometers from Malé International Airport

Good for Family Holidays

by written on December 23, 2010

Well furnished, nicely decorated, fully equipped with excellent services. Bandos Island is perfect resort for holidays and makes some fun with your family. We had stayed for a week in Bandos Island during my family holidays. We had found everything well managed and in a mannered way. We stayed at deluxe room which was elegantly designed and had a great view Jacuzzi Beach.

The all staffs were very friendly and served everything in a mannered way. The food was superb especially Thai food was amazing. We enjoyed boating there especially this is good stuff for the kids. I recommended this resort for their excellent services and must visit again. I had booked this hotel through

Unique Quality: Services, Staff

csavin's Profile Photo

The Best Hotel for Families in the Maldives

by written on May 24, 2007

Bandos, Oh I love Bandos thats why I'm going back again for the 5th time in 2008!! Its a great hotel for families, there's a fab creche, for the energetic there's a gym, tennis court, squash court, table tennis! The dive school is excellent and the house reef is fantastic for snorkelling and diving. There are 3 restaurants, the standard half board one, a grill overlooking the water, the fantastic sundowner bar and grill and the very posh (and expensive) Harbour Grill. The food is great, the staff are great. I love it (and so do my family). Oh and there's a fab new spa which is wonderful!!

Lucieee's Profile Photo

Great Family Island

by written on May 1, 2007

A great 'allrounder' but quite a large island. Good size standard rooms which are closest to the best beaches. Good sports facilities. Friendly staff. Excellent Dive School. Reasonable food and drink prices. Great housereef. Fabulous spa.

Would recommend for first time visitors and families.

Unique Quality: Excellent facilities for families. Very comfortable rooms. Choice of restaurants.

labaronesa's Profile Photo

Beautiful Resort

by written on April 19, 2006

This resort is really nice. We stayed at a bungalow. Beautiful!!!Downstairs was the living room and a extra bed for my son. Upstairs was our bedroom with a queen bed. The bathroom was in the back patio. Yes!! very pretty and extrange. There was a jacuzzi and a gazebo was covering the jacuzzi. As I said the bathroom was in the patio so it had high walls. At the beginning I felt unconfortable going to the bathroom or taking a shower but really the bathroom was the best of this unit. It looks like it was recently renovated after the Tsunami. The food was also good. All the amenities are good. This resort is good for families that go with children. While I stayed there I saw children everywhere and they were so loud. Actually, if you want to relax you will hear one of them crying or yelling parents did not say nothing to the children and many people really go there to relax. Specially the first day, I got to my resort so tired!.I spent all night in the airplane we left home in the afternoon and we arrived at 8 am the next day to maldives. So I wanted to relax and take a little nap by the beach or the pool. No possible.

HEB's Profile Photo

Bandos island resort

by written on January 19, 2006

Visited November 2005
Newly renovated Bandos island resort is just perfect, something to suit all, an unforgetable experience. Will certainly go back someday!

Unique Quality: Excellent value for money
Close to the airport just 15 mins by speed boat.
Medium sized island
Newly renovated
High standards
Relaxed atmosphere
Good house reef
New built pool
Choice of bars / restaurants
Small sandy coves of beach
Standard acommodation - Excellent and private

Directions: North Male, Atoll, Maldives, Indian Ocean

Resort in the sun

by written on September 8, 2003

Lovely individual bungalows in quiet peaceful surroundings. Literally 3 seconds to the sea right in front of you. Spacious room and good size bathrooms - and we were in the cheaper version ones.

Unique Quality: Facilities on the island were great for those that love water sports or who like to relax by the sea or by the pool. Also a beauty parlour and indoor games such as table tennis and table football. Good bar and interesting karaoke

Directions: 30 minutes by motor boat from the airport

• Spa
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Maldives Travel Forum

Need advice about Maldives? Visit the Travel Forum for Maldives and ask our Answer Gurus.

Top Maldives hotels