VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Manila Hotels

Our Members Say

• OnQuest profile photo OnQuest
  • Reviews: 6

Riverside Marina/Bed and Breakfast: Butuan's best small bed and breakfast

free wi-fi internet, breakfast included in the cost of the room, very good sized rooms, clean and well maintained. Nice property with outside space to have a picnic on outside benches and you can rent a motor boat to go up and down the Agusan River as well as take a cruise on the ocean if you are adventurous.

Low key management, very friendly, Nice property with a breeze from the river.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Sailing and Boating, Road Trip
  • Written October 21, 2010

• Teena423 profile photo Teena423

Jupiter Suites: A best choice quality budget rate hotel in Makati

A delightful quality budget hotel situated right smack in the center of things in Makati City the country’s premier financial district, Jupiter Suites is highly recommended and will be a best choice hotel for businessmen and transients as it is surrounded by many kinds of Entertainment and food establishments, from fast-food joints to the more high-end restaurants and bars. A convenience store, a bookstore, a pharmacy, and more! Glorietta and Greenbelt are a jump and hop away, and so are parks and churches... <br/>Their Staff are also efficient and hospitable....thus, staying in this hotel, buget rate as it is but not the service and the convenience you'll get, really a best choice for every traveler in Makati City.

This budget hotel offers a spacious and well fitted rooms. They offer free Breakfast and Free unlimited Internet use in the room at the lobby and Cafe.

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written February 28, 2010

Deluxe Room

• dextergm profile photo dextergm
  • Reviews: 5

Mabuhay Manor: Cheap accommodation close to NAIA

Reservation didn't require my credit card information. It was a quick 2-minute reservation process. Getting the right number to call for the reservation was quite a challenge. If you call the number that was written on their main website, the receptionist will tell you to call a number, which will never get you to the reservation clerk because the auto-pickup service will keep you on hold FOREVER.<br/><br/>Should the front desk assign you to Room 231, ask if the AC has been fixed and doesn't leak.

This manor house is close to the airport (2Km) 20-30 mins travel time (considering the traffic). A kilometer away from asia's biggest mall (Mall of Asia).<br/><br/>Offers free coconut juice from 9AM to 2pm. Offers a cheap Php20 (5 cents) shuttle ride from the manor to Mall of Asia. This manor is not advisable if you decide to go on foot and check the surrounding area at night.<br/><br/>Try to get online booking. It's way cheaper. Otherwise, the reservation officer will jack-up the price by 1/3, but will make you feel you had a good offer because it will include a free airport transfer (arrival/departure).<br/><br/>Stick with the online price listing and arrange for your own cab, you are able to save big time!

• Related to: Work Abroad, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written December 6, 2009

• maninilsan profile photo maninilsan

Carlston Hotel: Really Basic and no thrills

This is where the taxi driver brought me when I asked for his recommendation on cheap accomodation in Manila. I guess he got a kickback from bringing me here. I think it cost around 2000 pesos a night maybe a little more. <br/>It was windowless and very basic. Really nothing to write home about. It was in a sordid neighbourhood as well. The bell boy asked if I wanted a "massage" when I checked in. I told him no.<br/><br/>The location is good being next to Roxas Boulavard and close to the airport.<br/><br/>This place I guess is suitable only for those on a budget.<br/><br/>Someone left this youtube video of it (not me) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v&#61;ekvdd10V_9k

Decent restaurant and there is a money changer in the hotel.

• Written July 29, 2009

• westcovsurfer profile photo westcovsurfer
  • Reviews: 16

Renaissance Hotel Makati: Culture Shock Equalizer

I always stay (8 times) at this hotel when I arrive and before I depart Philippines. The service and the atmosphere is real worthy of being part of the Marriott Hotel Family.<br/><br/>I always enjoy the restaurant where I would have my "welcome and despedida" with immediate family. The staff is very responsive. My family and friends meets me here before I trek to Ilocos Sur (another 8 hour or so travel by land). This is also where I am dropped off.<br/><br/>I simply love this hotel.

My best plus is that it is walking distance to Greenbelt, Hallmark and SM for my last minute shopping for Pasalubong. 30 mins from NAIA and 25 min from Duty Free Philippines (major place to buy pasalubong when arriving Philippines) from electronic stuff to groceries.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written July 23, 2009

• danidanado profile photo danidanado

Green Mango Inn: Convenient Manila Accomodations

Described as convenient to the airports and it is. Also very pretty location with a garden setting. We stayed for three nights,and enjoyed our stay.

Staff were terrific in every way. Free internet. Maps. Advise on how to get to downtown etc.

• Related to: Beaches, Food and Dining, Beer Tasting
  • Written February 12, 2009

• jumpingnorman profile photo jumpingnorman
  • Reviews: 973

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Excellent woodwork in hotel, good food

This is a convenient location between Quezon City and Makati, and so is perfect for "balikbayans"/Filipino overseas workers who have relatives at both sides of the long Edsa Avenue. But the most enduring thing you will remember with this hotel is the woodwork, specially at the dining area which offers excellent Filipino dishes (including lunch and dinner buffets). The effort in bringing such aesthetic woodwork together is great. We got a unit which had 2 floors, the only problem being that the stairs are somewaht small and too steep inside. Not really good for the disabled. But the hotel has very good security and you can park your car inside the complex. The price is also very reasonable compared to the other high rise luxury hotels.

Close to shopping complexes.<br/><br/>3 minutes away:<br/>Robinson's Pioneer Mall <br/>10 minutes away:<br/>EDSA Shangri La Plaza, SM Megamall, The Podium <br/>Asian Development Bank, Robinson's Galleria

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written October 21, 2008

Durban Inn: Decent bargain in a clean facility

The Durban Inn has become my "home" in Manila, and I'm not alone. The place is almost always full and that's because it's got a low price point and a very clean environment. The daily sheet and towel and disinfecting routine guarantees there's nothing in the way of bugs or pests that are so prevalent.<br/><br/>It's at the edge of the business area of Makati, so very convenient for my needs and it's only a short 50 peso cab ride to the shopping centers of Greenbelt/Glorietta and about 120 peso half hour trip to the airport.<br/><br/>Overall, a very solid choice, but book in advance!

Super clean and the nice price.

• Related to: Business Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written June 9, 2008

• Bobk.nyc profile photo Bobk.nyc

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Citadel Inn Makati: A few roaches

Actually the hotel for 750 p is in Makati, and though it is not new, I think is in a safe enough area, if not a little seedy. close to MRT, and other transportation....when I went into the slums at Ortizes? i think spelled wrong, I was thinking I would not want to stay there. Well. thanks for your input, I will stay the same place again, it is only a short visit, on my way to other citys in Phils.

• Written April 27, 2008

Oxford Suites Makati: Seen better days

I stayed at the Oxford Suites twice. The first time, I found the staff warm, the room congenial and the price fair. They offer a not-too-bad breakfast with the room fare. It was a pretty good value.<br/>The second time, however, something happened. The staff seemed to stop caring. New management? And this was not my own experience. A good friend who always stayed there finally got fed up with the deteriorating service and a business colleague has now decided to book visiting clients in Makati Palace. Most recently, a friend said that construction noise disturbed his sleep in the early morning.<br/>To top it off, Oxford raised their rates significantly. Surely, they are skating on an old reputation.

• Written April 12, 2008

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Citadel Inn Makati: Rude and irresponsible

AVOID THIS DUMP!<br/><br/>I had trouble with my reservation with Citadel due to a breakdown in communication between them and the website discounter I use. The reception staff had no interest in solving the problem and foisted me off to a house phone where I spent a painful hour working out a too-expensive solution with the reservation agent located somewhere in the bowels of the place.<br/><br/>When I finally got the reservation squared away, I had to wait several minutes for the ancient, slow elevators to make their way to the lobby. The bell staff couldn’t be bothered to even offer to help with my bag and when I got to my room, I was incredibly disappointed. The lobby was beautiful. The room was underwhelming. There was one ragged towel and a tiny TV and to top it off, this idiocy: the labels on the hot and cold water in the shower were reversed… and the hot never really got above a tepid warm

Notably poor service ethic and overall uncaring attitude

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written April 12, 2008
Tip Photo

• ahnntootz profile photo ahnntootz
  • Reviews: 21
Guest: da SOGOs Hotel

my boyfriend arrive from abu dhabi after 2 months of vacation and we decided to check in at sogo taft ave near mrt station. before he left we spend time at sogo harrison and we are pleased about the hotel. last december of 2007 he was here also in manila to visit me and we stay at sogo cubao and also appreciate the accomodation.<br/><br/>but with this 3 diff sogo hotel the worst one we got is with sogo taft. aircon is worst, check out hour is not friendly. with the other 2 sogo hotels, what ever is the time that you check in and if you chose to stay 24 hrs , that would also be the same time you check out the next day. but with sogo taft, we check in 3pm and was ask to check out 12noon.<br/>we ask the receptionist is to why theres a diff in the other branches of sogo and they cant give a straight answer<br/><br/>it was one hell of an experience

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written April 11, 2008

• juliewong profile photo juliewong
  • Reviews: 169

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Legend Mansion Condominium: Modest travelling

A mid-scale apartment located in Pasay area, opposite a church and nursing school. This building stood at the back of the bustling areas, quiet and not noisy.<br/><br/>About 15-minutes to SM Mall of Asia by taxi.<br/><br/>1,300 peso per day for a studio apartment fit for 2 people.

I had a clean and cosy studio apartment equipped with a kitchenette, shower and TV.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written December 8, 2007

• hand4love profile photo hand4love
  • Reviews: 4

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Manila international youth hostel: closer to airport

it is lised in lonely planet, hostel for economy. i was told it is in a not good neigberhood, of courst the neighberhood is not good as the business center, dirty and lousy. but at least it is safe enough for me.

it is very close to Manila airport, it takes less than 10 mins to the domestic terminal by walk. 15 mins to international terminal. on your way to the international terminal, there might be some drivers would like to drive you there for free, because they are not allowed to pass the sercurity to go in airport area without passagners in the cab. if you can get in the cab, they can pick up some passpangers after you drop off there.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Study Abroad
  • Written September 21, 2007

• dame_akanbo profile photo dame_akanbo
  • Reviews: 25

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

the town house hostel manila: why many people stay here

drunk staff and uneducated staff and fatty sleepy man are working here ,all staff here are not at all trained ,but for me this 3 are very memorable person.room starts from 300peso this hotel (without dormitory ),its only 6dollar .but I thought even pig live better room than us ,actually dog house in my country in my house is far more clean than this room.<br/>and you must know u can not go to toilet in night time if you stay one of the 2 house of the hostel .because you must walk about one minute to other house to do toilet and shower,because one of the house of them do not have water supply.in that room some single room and dormitory are,dormitory is only 4dollar,but thinking about no water supply and price of the country ,its veryvvery expensive.<br/><br/>thinkin about the staff of the hostel and owner who do not carte about the management of the hostel ,I can say u had better stay at nadividad pension or malate pension in malate or some unfamous hotels with aircorn from 700peso cleaner fan room from 400 peso in malate ermita area ,or christine guest house (look my page )in laspinas city with good manager and cheaper price almost near of airport .or if u can pay more ,kabayan hotel in pasay are also nice choice,this is star class hotel not hostel or piggy house unlike townhouse hotel .but they have also dormitory room from 400peso including breakfast .<br/><br/>I still wonder why many person choose the hostel only because its cheap .if u like cheap ,its also nice idea to slepp in luneta park.its free ,its nice .<br/><br/>and ....townhousehostel boast about airport convinient ,but of course u can not walk to airport from the hostel and kabayan hotel and christine guesthouse also just 20 minutes from airport by car ,and even ermita and malate ustay ,its only 25minutes or like that and taxi costs very cheap in manila .<br/><br/>and food of the hostel also not cheap at all and u must walk 5minutes to restaurant if u want to eat standard food .

• Opinion of Price: N/A