Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel

Singles Luxury Travel Beaches
See Amenities

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 20, 2012

From arrival to departure, Boracay Mandarin Hotel staff were so courteous and friendly, a true reflection of real Filipino hospitality. We recently booked our group in this resort, and we were so happy that we did! Ms. Lily, the owner, personally attended to her guests' needs and ensure that everything is well arranged.

Resort location is also superb. It's beachfront, nearest to restaurants and shopping stalls.

If you want a silent evening, just a short walk to the shoreline and you will enjoy a serene piece of nature.

Add to your Trip Planner

Boracay Mandarin Hotel

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 6, 2007

It is very rare of me to post things either good or bad on any of these travel sites, but please if you're at all considering staying at the Boracay Mandarin Hotel read this review. This is one of the worst hotel experiences that I have every had in my life. I'll start by listing the incidents numerically.
1) The original "deluxe" room that they had a toilet that only partially flushed and eminated a horrendous stench every morning(smelled like the septic system was backing up).
2) The hotel is nowhere near complete, there is incessant loud construction noise every morning, the beautiful spa that is in their website is a total misreprentation, there was not spa functioning during my recent stay. The construction noise is extremely loud and despite my complaints, the staff did nothing about getting the workers to start at a reasonable time(after 9am).
3) There is very unscrupulous accounting used by their front desk. I was promised a rate of 175 US dollars which I trusted would be correctly converted into PHP, I signed my mastercard receipt without doing the conversion myself which was a big mistake, as they ended up charging me about 15% over the current exchange rate.
4) They accused my gf and I of staining all the duvet covers and pillow sheets with henna at checkout, which was a blatant lie, we couldln't even defend ourselves because they didn't tell us about it until they removed all the sheets from the room.(they essentially showed us stained sheets and told them it was from our room). It's sad that they would compromise the integrity of their hotel just to charge tourists a few extra dollars.

I can go on and on about how miserable my stay there was, it's really sad that my vacaton on such a beautiful island was tainted by the unscrupulous business practices of one hotel. If you want to ask me any futher questions about my dealings with the mandarain boracay, please feel free to email me.

Unique Quality: none

• Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Boracay Island Travel Forum

Need advice about Boracay Island, Philippines? Visit the Travel Forum for Boracay Island and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Boracay Island hotel reviews