VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

76 Bras Basah Rd, Singapore, 189558, Singapore

Tags

Business Travel
See Amenities
vinc_bilb's Profile Photo

Uniquely Carlton Singapore …

by written on August 1, 2008

I came two times in Carlton Hotel in July 2008 and, even if the Hotel was full, I had a great experience here:
- Carlton Hotel is conveniently located in the center (shopping malls, 5 minutes walk away from Cultural and Entertainment zones, 100m from Chijmes)
- Overall Hotel infrastructure and accommodations are good, closed from excellence compared to the rates (rooms, restaurants, outdoor swimming pool ...)
- Staff members are really "service focus", efficient, friendly and helpful
- Fitness center is excellent, and prices and quality of the massages are really good

I’ll stay again in Carlton when I’ll have to go back to Singapore. Uniquely Carlton Singapore … A great experience!

Unique Quality: Location
Accomodations and infrastructure
Staff members

barbskie's Profile Photo

Central location

by written on April 26, 2008

Unique Quality: This accomodation is just a crossroads of Singapore’s largest underground shopping mall, financial area and convention centre. Within walking distance from Little India, Singapore Art Museum and Chinatown. It has easy access to the city as City Hall and Bugis Junction MRT Stations are a stroll away. Chimes is just a stone away.
We had a superior room, neat and clean with city views and air conditioned. We got 2 single beds. Bathrooms have a bathtub with an overhead shower. Has free safety deposit box and all other of their hotel standard facilities like, satellite TV, telephone, Internet Connection, Minibar, Tea & Coffee Making Facilities and room service.
Non-Smoking Rooms are available.

Directions: Close to Chimes and the University of Singapore

aussirose's Profile Photo

Recommended by a vt'er

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 9, 2006

This Hotel was recommended to me by a nice Singapore vt'er DarkRay. And on top of that I happened to see a good special in a travel brocure so I showed it to my Travel Agent and before we knew it, we had ourselves a good deal....stay 4 nights/ pay 3 - breakfast included!! Bargain.

Unique Quality: The staff were very friendly and helpful, breakky food was nice and it was in quite a good location, near Raffles, Raffle City and the train station.

Also the rooms were quite large and the bathrooms very roomy.

DarkRay's Profile Photo

Dependable Business Class Hotel

by written on February 15, 2005

I have a thing about staying at the hotels in my own country. Hey, if I cannot find the time to get out of my country, at least I try to take a mini holiday within Singapore itself!

Carlton Hotel is located very centrally near the City Hall Area, with close proximity to just about the most important shopping places in Singapore.

Normally I like to indulge a bit in 5-star hotels, but I decided this time round to instead of staying in a normal room in a 5-star hotel, I can actually spend the same amount of money in one of the better rooms in this 4-star hotel and what an excellent idea that was!

The room allocated to me was on the "Club Level", which rooms were not only larger, but their tenants had access to a topfloor clubhouse area with unlimited serving of drinks (throughout the day) and appropriate food during mealtimes. It was actually a good bargain!

Unique Quality: The facilities were okay and standard. Nice, clean rooms. It could had been better if they had allocated me one on a non-smoking floor, but they were out of it then.

Directions: City Hall Area

imstress's Profile Photo

by written on November 26, 2004

Carlton Hotel is strategically located at the crossroads of Singapore's largest underground shopping mall, financial district and convention centres.

Within walking distance are some of Singapore's most popular tourist attractions - Chijmes, Singapore Art Museum, the Esplanade, Merlion Park, National Meseum, Little India, Sultan Mosque, Boat Quay and Clarke Quay.

The Singapore Changi Airport is just 30 minutes from the hotel by car.

Try the Wah Lok Chinese Restaurant.

Directions: 5 mins walk to City Hall MRT Station

Carlton Comfort

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 22, 2004

When I stepped into the Lobby, I was taken aback by the hugeness of it, marble floors, water features it looked quite decadent.

I was taken to my room on the eleventh floor (very fast ride if I do say so) stepped into my room and stared in awe the view was amazing, I could see right through the buildings to the costal line and spot the islands on the horizon.

My bed was a huge queen size which drowned me and my 5ft1 height. It was like a penthouse room, wooden furnishing very modern.

A lovely hotel with wonderful people.

Hopefuly I will go back around christmas time, if I do I am definatly staying here again.

Unique Quality: The Cafe Vic situated outside was just as nice, they had two pool tables which we played most nights and sipped Singapore Slings (Yummy)

Nearby Carlton Hotel Singapore

• Shuttle Service
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Singapore Travel Forum

Need advice about Singapore, Singapore? Visit the Travel Forum for Singapore and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Singapore hotel reviews