Royal Plaza On Scotts

Food and Dining Business Travel Luxury Travel
See Amenities

One of the best

by written on February 15, 2012

I stayed at the Royal plaza on Scott's in February 2012, the hotel is centrally located just off orchard road. The lobby is large and inviting with a restaurant on the left as you enter. The reception area is well staffed with friendly and efficient people. On my check in I found them to be ver happy and courteous . The room itself was fantastic, large spacious well looked after and with good benefits in that the fridge was stocked with drinks, Oreos which were complimentary. As well as that a nespresso machine in the room made fantastic coffee. The bed in the room was king sized and vey comfortable

I've stayed in other 5 star hotels in Singapore and is rate this one as the best that I have visited.

Unique Quality: There is a gym and a swimming pool. There is also a computer room on level 2 with macs set Up for use by guests making it easy to checkon emails and events back home.

fridz's Profile Photo

One of Singapore's Best Hotels

by written on March 13, 2011

our 3nights stay there was so good! the price was worth it. the staff were accommodating and friendly.they refilled the mini fridge every morning with sodas, water and even beer - and that's for free!you can grab fresh apples anytime. and of course, you can drink teas, coffees all you want in one of their lounges. the breakfast buffet was good too. though i haven't try some of their amenities/facilities like swimming pool , the gym... overall, we really enjoyed our stay here.

Unique Quality: nice location. very accessible.

Add to your Trip Planner

this is what i called a hotel

by written on May 25, 2010

Everything is free during my stay.
Free stuff from mini bar- no charges at all and they will refill it the next day.
Free wi-fi service.
Free drinks at one of the hotel’s lounge.
Free buffet breakfast.

Spacious room.
Comfortable bed.
Friendlly & Helpful staff.
5 minutes to Orchard MRT Station
Taxi’s are easily available at the doorstep of the hotel.
Located strategically at the heart of Orchard Shopping district and also it is next to DFS (Duty Free Shop)

wise23girl's Profile Photo

Everyone Likes to be Near Orchard Road

by written on July 16, 2009

Well my first impression was very favourable. We had our luggage wrapped in plastic and as there are no sharps allowed on the plane how on earth do you get into your luggage(we had had this problem before)?
Well the porter was "on the ball'. Would you like us to unwrap your suitcases? Yes please. Was surely worth a tip don't you reckon.
So we were escorted to our quite spacious comfortable room for our 2 nights stopover. All was in order. No real view . But who was going to be in the room all the time? Not us.

Breakfast was included ..a good selection of food and an omelette made while you wait. My favouite thing.

Unique Quality: Well I had never seen this before but the bedroom looked right into the bathroom. And the toilet was in full view. Ok I might look charming in a bubble bath but a toilet view is not very exciting.

It took a while. How dumb is that but in the end I found a blind. Voila! All is well.

Now I have to locate the photo my friends took of this. Stay tuned. Yep but the photo is from the bathroom to the bed...untidy! Theirs!

And there is an actual bath. A bath is just divine.

I guess you realize the "Scott" part is a Street.

And you are SO close to Orchard St.

Directions: Just off Orchard Road but hey grab a taxi or a trishaw and they will take you there.

Lyda1973's Profile Photo

Fantastic hotel

by written on October 16, 2006

Very well maintained, very good location, surrounded by shopping malls, restaurants, discret bars, cinemas, mc donalds. Is the perfect place to stay if you want to doing some shopping.
The rooms are spacious, the bed is very comfortable and also the pillows, are bigs and very comfortable; the staff is extremely helpful and the restaurant next to the lobby is amazing, the buffet is absolutely fantastic.

maac56's Profile Photo

Real Value for Money

by written on February 15, 2006

I stayed for 5 nights in Sept 2005. Although the Hotel may not look impressive from the outside, this impression changes as soon as you pass through the Entrance doors. The foyer is very welcoming and the staff i met were very nice and accomodating.

Check-in took a few minutes and was quite painless. The receptionist was very nice and offered me a nice welcome to Singapore.

The bedroom was roomy and although the view was nothing to write home about, this was made up for by the facilities and of course the inclusive mini bar. My luggage arrived a few minutes after i arrived in the room. The porter was extremely helpful and offered to show me where everything was in the room.

The hotel house cleaning called to ask if everything was OK with my room, which of course it was.

I did mention that some of the drinks in the mini-bar were not to my liking and they made sure for the rest of my stay they were replaced with other drinks that i liked. It was a little touch that i appreciated. What i did notice was 'only' the drinks that i had used were replaced, so for the remainder of my stay i made sure the minibar was empty.

Room service was very good and the prices very very good compared to what i would expect to pay at home in Ireland.

The bathroom was in my opinion a little dated, but this in no way took away from the excellent value for money this hotel offers. There was ample soap and lotions.

Unique Quality: This Hotel is ideally placed for shopping on Orchard Road, a few minutes walking and you are in shoppers paradise, but be warned you'll shop until you drop.

Directions: Just off Orchard Road

rinxie's Profile Photo

The Only Hotel With Free Mini-Bar

by written on January 24, 2005

We got the deal which was for locals for about US$95 nett per night. The check-in was alright, not much friendliness though.

As our room is a Premier room, we got to have our morning breakfast, afternoon hi-tea and evening cocktail at the Club lounge. The service provided at the Club lounge was really much better than those at the front desk. We went for our hi-tea and returned again for the cocktail session, and by then, the staffs could remember our names

Unique Quality: Hmm...The location itself is an asset. Situated at the heart of Orchard Road, the shopping frenzies are beckoning you the moment you step out of the hotel lobby; not for the faint-hearted though.. =)

Directions: Located next to the DFS (Duty Free Shopping)

Nearby Royal Plaza On Scotts

• Business Services
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites

Singapore Travel Forum

Need advice about Singapore, Singapore? Visit the Travel Forum for Singapore and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Singapore hotel reviews