VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Blue Backpackers

106 Bld No 1802 Gyoung-Nam Apt. 944-1 Beom-cheon 2dong, Busan, 614760, South Korea
#11 of 91 hotels in Busan

theguardianangel's Profile Photo

Blue Backpacker's Hostel: you'll never get Blue

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 29, 2011

Who ever thought that we could find a place like this- A twin room with private bathroom at a very affordable price? Having a private bathroom is always the thing I focus on in searching for a good place to stay… and Blue backpackers hostel was the answer.
also, on a hot weather, you’ll never have any problem staying in the room since it also has its own aircon.

On the ground floor, there is a function room where you can find a big tv and 3 desktop computers you can use for internet… all for free. No additional charges.

Every 8am, you can have a FREE breakfast of bread, eggs, coffee/tea/chocolate… just by going upstairs in the kitchen (in the rooftop). You can cook freely in the kitchen if you want to fry an egg or have it boiled just make sure to turn the gas vessel off every after use. There are also sandwich spreads you can use, strawberry jam, butter and peanut butter. Water dispenser is also available. To show respect for the hostel’s hospitality, don’t forget to wash the utensils used before leaving the kitchen.
Another, on the 7th day of your stay, you will be given a discount for staying a week in their place. I’m just not sure how much the discount is since we didn’t stayed that long.

Unique Quality: I really want to highlight how the owners, Mr. & Mrs. Jin helped us in everything we need. Before our trip, I really had a HARD time booking in Asiana Airlines and KTX going to Seoul. I dunno what’s wrong in their websites but it really frustrated me how to do it. That’s how we sought Mr. Jin’s help (actually, I forgot his name, and he’s not used to be called by this name but still, this is how I call him). We saw the sign in the lobby that they book KTX or flights just by asking them. The price in the internet is the same as theirs. It’s really unbelievable! It seems that the booking is an additional service for their customers without additional fees. It’s really, really great! I found out that the websites is easier to book if the language is in Korean.

By the time we came, Mr. Jin is the one who personally accommodates the customers. Mr. Jin knows how to speak in English so it’s a very nice thing. If Mr. Jin’s not around, you can call Mrs. Jin over the phone. She speaks English too and I think more fluently than her husband. They are very helpful during our stay. This is the first time that I’ve encountered people who knows how to emphatize.

You’ll never have any regrets staying in this place.

Directions: a few minutes walk from Seomyon station.<br/>from 42st Hotel, turn left, go inside the tunnel, you should be able to see the "Blue backpackers Hostel" sign

Add to your Trip Planner

• Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Busan Travel Forum

Need advice about Busan, South Korea? Visit the Travel Forum for Busan and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Busan hotel reviews