Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel

See Amenities

Expected more from Four Seasons

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 2, 2012

I am a frequent flyer when it comes to Bangkok and several other destinations in the Asia pacific region. I have had a chance to stay at almost all the major hotels and as much as I like other Four Seasons hotels the one in Bangkok did not live up to my expectations. Although the room service was exceptional the rooms were nice there was something missing. I was not at peace during my stay at the hotel and not because of any personal issues there was something about the environment I could not exactly point out to yet I was not happy with it. I think it was overwhelming roughness in everything.

Unique Quality: The exceptional room services.

IreneMcKay's Profile Photo

A taste of luxury.

by written on March 3, 2012

Back in the old days we used to do package trips from Hong Kong to other parts of Asia. These invariably put you up in posh hotels. Due to that we stayed here twice when it was the Marriot Riverside and we loved it. This time we stayed one night as a special treat. We don't normally fork out for expensive hotels now, we book flights and hotels separately. However, now and again it is worth it.

We got to the hotel from the airport by taking the airport link train to Phraya Thai, switching to the sky train - 2 stops to Siam Station, walk across platform to change line. 5 stops to Saphin Taksin. Go to pier and follow sign for hotel shuttles, wait for hotel's free boat. It runs every half hour up till midnight, leaving Saphin Taksin for the hotel at approx quarter to and quarter past the hour. Leaving the hotel for Saphin Taksin on the hour and half past the hour.

If you plan to explore Bangkok from the hotel, from Saphin Taksin you can board the sky train or take the Chao Phraya River boat to the historical sights.

We paid around £100 for a double room with kingsized bed, balcony, river view, late check out till 3pm next day, 25% off meals and inclusive breakfast buffet.

Our room (room 413) was beautiful. Only minor complaint was the bath was incredibly slippy. Put one foot in and you slide right across the bath before you can even put your other one in. Quite dangerous. I have bruises to proove it. The bathroom came with an assortment of lovely toiletries: ginger soap and cardamon soap and beautiful smelling shampoo, hair conditioner and shower gel. Everything was very clean. The bed was very big and very comfy. There was a TV and DVD player.

The balcony was good you could see the river, but it would be truer to say it faced the pool. Tea and coffee making facilities were available in the room with a huge selection of different teas. Perfect for me as I love herbal teas. There was an in-room safe. Lots of storage space.

The swimming pool at the Anantara is wonderful. It is big and deep. You can even sit at the bar in the pool if you want to. There is also a lovely jacuzzi. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful. In fact the whole hotel is quite stunning. The standard of service is excellent, too. The receptionists, the boat shuttle workers, the bell boys, the towel attendant, the breakfast staff - all friendly and polite.

Of course food and drink are expensive here, compared to real life Bangkok. The hotel is much more like a retreat than even being in Bangkok. We ate at the pool and drank there during happy hour 4 to 6pm. There was an evening buffet with classical Thai dancing.We had a look at the dancing but did not eat at the buffet.

Breakfast buffet in the morning was fantastic. I thought I would never want to eat again by the end of it and finally a hotel that can keep food hot!! Coffee is served at the table. I had to ask for more. I prefer to just take my own as I like coffee. The freshly squeezed orange juice was heavenly. good selection of bread. Thai food and western food available.

For our evening meal on the first night we went to one of the restaurants just outside the hotel on the non-river side. There are many restaurants here where you can eat much cheaper than the hotel, though the one we went to charged 17% extra on the bill just like the hotel does. This is a bit cheeky as this is not common practice in local restaurants just in the hotel, but they rely on you not knowing this or not wanting to make a scene about this. This arcade also had some shops and a Boots chemist. Nowhere to buy beer though. We took the free shuttle to Taksin Saphin and went to 7 eleven to stock up on that.

I would certainly stay here again, but use it as a spa retreat rather than a base to explore Bangkok. While you can easily explore Bangkok from it, the hotel is so lovely, you won't want to leave it.

lovemyr1's Profile Photo

Ugh

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 4, 2006

My heart just plain sank when I saw this hotel for myself. Dark and small lobby. Old and dank rooms.

Ever since my stay here, I do all my own research for hotels instead of going with what travel agents recommend.

The funniest thing is on their fire escape plan, they have an unhappy face (see pic) where the more familiar "You Are Here" label would be. So I guess the management has accepted that their guests are always unhappy in their rooms.

I stayed in this hotel in late 2004. Judging from their website, they must have done some remodelling because it certainly didn't look that nice when I was there.

percyn's Profile Photo

Best service in the WORLD !!

by written on August 26, 2005

This is a great hotel and while it may not be the biggest or prettiest or best located Four Seasons, the service is unbelievable.

I have stayed at many hotels around the world, and this has to be the best service I have ever had.

The staff have an invisible network on getting information to one another to make your trip extremely enjoyable. A 10% service charge is included in your bill, but how can you not tip them extra for the excellent service?

Unique Quality: Great Restaurants, live ochestra and lounge music. Open air bar and cigar lounge.

Minstrelette's Profile Photo

Amazing

by written on July 3, 2005

I got to stay here when travelling on business. Now I don't have much experience with staying in upscale hotels, so perhaps this hotel is typical, but I found it amazing. From the moment you check in, the staff is beyond helpful (sometimes I found their fawning a bit much). The rooms were huge and the beds were extremely comfortable (the comforter was the most cozy comforter I've ever experienced). They give you a plate of fresh fruit in your room every day with a description of each fruit- I love south Asian fruit! The Spice Market restaurant was delicious (see my tip on that) and the courtyard bar had a nice atmosphere and refreshing cocktails. Around the courtyard, there are some upscale shops.

Unique Quality: extremely helpful staff, comfortable rooms, great food and drinks

jlanza29's Profile Photo

One of the best hotels in the WORLD !!!!!!

by written on July 2, 2005

First and foremost this is a luxury hotel at it's finest, upon arrival you are treated like royalty. The rooms are huge !!!! The marble bathrooms are gigantic. His and her's closets are great and spacious. Fresh fruits and complementary tea or coffee are brought up to your room on request every morning with your wake up call. The staff is extremely friendly and knowledgable, by the second day just about everyone I had contact with was greeting me by last name. Not once did I have to open a door as I entered the hotel, or press a button in the elevator. Upon leaving the hotel we were given bottle water, a handkerchief to swipe the sweat of the heat away and umbrella's for the day's daily rain storms. Location could not be any better, the sky train's Rajadamri stop was only 100 feet away. And also within walking distance to the very high end shops (Gucci, Prada, Coach, etc.,) in Bangkok. At 3:00 p.m. a live classical band plays to those gathered in the lobby, I first thought it was a tape, but up on the balcony overlooking the lobby; there they were playing !!!!! And at night a wonderful pianoist plays to the delight of those having a casual drink. The hotel restaurant's are some of the best restaurant's in all of Bangkok. The Madison grill can go toe to toe with Morton's steakhouse in the US, with more than 5,000 bottle wine cellar, this place is for POWER PLAYERS no questions about it !!!! The Spice Market is a Traditional Thai eatery and boy is the food really good !!!!! Biscotti is one of the best Italian resturant I have ever been too in this world, one would never think in Asia to get such great Italian food, but I was pretty surprise how great it was !!! Oh and the service at these restaurants WORLD CLASS !!!!! all the menu's have translations in English, the staff spoke perfect English....and the prices were oustanding considering you are eating at world class hotel !!!!!

Unique Quality: The health club is state of the art; upon arriving at the club you are given bottled water, a fresh towel, headsets and if needed instructions for the work out machines. Every workout stations have flat screen tv's with some 30 channels. After working out there is a long table offering complementary fresh fuits, hand sqeezed juices, newpapers from around the world like the New York Times, USA Today, etc., The locker rooms are AWESOME !!!! when entering the locker room you are given a locker with keys and slippers, and kimono's. Also inside the locker room a king size jacuzzi, and thai herbal stem bath, at just the right temperature !!!! Also inside, shower facilities are picture perfect !!!! Wanted to play squash or racketball ??? there is full size court, don't have a racket or ball, just ask and they provide you with one !!!!!

Directions: just 100 ft from the Sky Trains Rajadamri stop

rebeccadv's Profile Photo

Elegant Oasis

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 10, 2005

Elegant and spacious rooms, impressive lobby and gardens. Good service.

You can find discounted rates/packages on their website and others'.

Good food.

Unique Quality: Beautiful pool and gardens!

MikeAtSea's Profile Photo

Traditional Style

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 23, 2004

I have stayed in a number of hotels in Bangkok and the Four Seasons is certainly one of the best ones. Situated close to the Business, Diplomatic and Entertainment Areas of Bangkok the hotel has all to offer.
Spacious rooms with large bathrooms equipped with all amenities including broadband internet as well as wireless internet access and mini bar. Several restaurants and bars can also be found as well as a Thai spa, fitness centre and swimming pool. The architecture and décor is Thai – making it a charming yet modern 5 star hotel.

Unique Quality: Service with a smile is something one always finds in Thailand. I think one of the benefits of staying in the Four Seasons in Bangkok is access to all main regions of the Thai capital and its hospitality. It has the same style as most of the Four Season hotels style, graciousness and modern amenities.

Directions: Hotel is situated close to Lumpini Park

cblanc9's Profile Photo

Beautiful in Bangkok

by written on April 14, 2004

Best money I have ever spent in my life.
Espically after two weeks travelling India and a 24 hour trip to Bangkok. It was heaven! Superb service. Got a grate rate of $158 a night. Close to beautiful hotels, shopping and temples.
Taxi to/from airport approx 140 + tolls (70) baht.

Unique Quality: Exquisite. Delicious fresh fruit. Marble bathroom. Dark wood floor. Bed's you sink into under Down. Lemongrass martinis at dusk by the pool. Live orchestra during tea time.

Directions: Near embassys.

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Airport Transportation

Bangkok Travel Forum

Need advice about Bangkok, Thailand? Visit the Travel Forum for Bangkok and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bangkok hotel reviews