Phuket Hotels

Our Members Say

• Ronario profile photo Ronario
  • Reviews: 160

Sala Phuket Resort Thailand: Sala Phuket Resort Thailand

Located on pristine and relaxing Mai Khao beach on Phuket's north west coast, offering a choice of accommodations including 1 and 2 bedroom villas and suite

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written February 3, 2010

Sala Phuket Resort Thailand

• Rick1954 profile photo Rick1954

Villareal-Heights: Exceptional Villareal-Heights

I just completed a five night stay beginning on February 5, 2010 at Villareal-Heights. And what I noticed upon arrival was the exceptional service from the owner/manager, Paul and his lovely wife Jo. As the taxi he arranged for me arrived at Villareal, Paul was outside waiting for my arrival. Imediately I felt like he was a long lost friend as we began talking. He showed me to my apartment and also gave me recomendations on where to have my evening meal. He also offered to drive me around the next day to show me the area. I have been to Phuket twice but never the Kata Beach area. Every thing and every place Paul drove me to turnd out to be excellent recomendations that I took advantage of. He even arranged for me a rental car at an excellent rate which was delivered and picked up at Villareal. I have stayed at 5-star hotel and resorts that did not give me the personalized service Paul and his wife Jo provided. The apartment was even better than the photo's and was more than adaquate. I would recomend Villareal-Heights to anyone.

Villareal-Heights is within walking distance to excellent resturants and shopping. A good 10-15 minute walk to one of the best beaches I have seen.

All the staff to include house keeping provide personal attention to your every need.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Beaches, Hiking and Walking
  • Written February 13, 2010

• nickthecityfan profile photo nickthecityfan
  • Reviews: 2

Kelly's Hotel and Residence: A special boutique hotel in Patong

I was probably one fo the first people to stay here as it has jusy re-opened. I recommended my real estate agent whose office is opposite (I am looking into buying a home here, lucky me).
What a little gem this place is, a real find. The place was closed for a few years and a new owner has taken it over and complete overhauled the place. He's a proper Aussie bloke named dan and he and his wife Tan could not have been more helpful nor attentive. Dan has a bunch of hotels in Australia and his expertise is clear, everything in this place works.
The rooms are large for the price range with stunning sea and city views from the 2nd floor up.
The swimming pool, deck and bar areas are decorated in a contemporary oriental style and it's impossibly pretty.
The location is excellent on Nanai Road, about 10 mins walk to the beach and even less to the shoppping areas and the nightlife on Soi Bangla.
Highly recommended, three thumbs up!

Pretty, peaceful, great decor, lovely pool, nice family run place with friendly staff.

• Related to: Business Travel, Luxury Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written November 17, 2008
Tip Photo

• sarahreynold profile photo sarahreynold
  • Reviews: 279

Phuket Anantara: Anantara Phuket Resort

The Anantara Phuket has only been open a few months. It is one of the most luxurious pool villa resorts on Phuket. The mai Khao beach where the Phuket Anantara is located at Mai Khao Beach, a very quiet beach area in the north west of the island. The Anantara is not cheap, but is ideal if you are looking for luxury in a quiet area of Phuket away from the crowds. Anantara is an excellent group that provides very much a Thai style to their resorts.
Good service. The promotion rates that can be found reduces the price with their special free night offers.

Excellent design of villas and the resort. Good promotion deals from now through until the end of October 2009

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Luxury Travel
  • Written January 30, 2009

Anantara Phuket pool villas

• JohnandSuzie profile photo JohnandSuzie
  • Reviews: 61

Great hotel: Karon Princess Hotel

This hotel is in a central location about half way between Patong beach ( 7kms ) and Kata beach. The rooms are what you would expect for this price range..........double bed, aircon, TV, mini bar reasonable bathroom and free breakfast included which is also not bad with a good choice. The hotel is oblong shapped with the resturant at the front by the road which is not busy and the swimming pool at the rear. When we were there a hotel next door was being built but the noise didn't really bother us. There is a poolside bar which sells large fantastic cocktails.
Two points to note here is
1.the beach infront of the hotel is dangerous to swim in at certain times of the year so you either take the risk or have to travel to another beach
2.The resort here is spread out and not at all busy with a few resturants next to the hotel and the rest in Karon town which is about a 20 minute walk.
There is a Taxi/Tuk Tuk stop outside the hotel but these are very expensive, about 500 TB to patong so if you've got the nerve hire a scooter out. We hired out 2 scooters for 2 weeks at £2 a day each but be careful because this is without insurance. We had a punture in one one day and it was down to us to sort it out and pay for it...............all part of the experience again
There is also quite a big market next to the hotel
I would definately recommend this hotel but only to people that would be okay with hiring a car or scooters

Couldn't fault anything

• Written February 20, 2009
Tip Photo

Main Swimming pool at the rear of the hotel

• georeiser profile photo georeiser
  • Reviews: 2054

Little Mermaid Guesthouse: Kata's family guesthouse

Little Mermaid Guesthouse or resort, as they call it, is a cozy guesthouse in the upper Kata centre area. It doesn't look too attractive when you are standing outside. But it's different inside and around the swimmingpool area.
The distance to the beach is more than 10 minutes walk. But most of the families with children are happy enough with the swimmingpool. The guests comes especially from the Scandinavian countries, since the owner is Danish. It has a total of 40 Double Rooms (bungalows and ordinary rooms). This guesthouse is cheaper than rest of the places in Kata and is a good bargain if you have a big family. I have stayed there 4 different times.

• Related to: Beaches, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written April 13, 2009

Little Mermaid Guesthouse, Phuket

• JuanD profile photo JuanD
  • Reviews: 5

Pineapple Guesthouse: Good Place to Stay in Karon Beach

I highly recommend the Pineapple Guest House.

We, being me the old man, my lovely wife and the intrepid one - my 11 yr old son, spent a week at the Pineapple. We chose a King room w/an extra bed (a thin mattress on the floor) for the intrepid one. That set us back 750 THB / night (about $25 USD). I'll start from the inside and work out.

The Room:
The room was clean, dominated by the king size bed with the usual firm SEAsia mattress,. There is a small one drawer desk w/mirror, a small table which spent most of its tabling holding about a 21" JVC TV with a compliment of satellite channels and a good sized fridge with a few beverages. The far wall of the room had a large window opens onto Karon Plaza below. You can climb out the window and make use of the balcony if you wanted to enjoy the sights and sounds of the Plaza. The balcony is narrow, but good for towel drying in the afternoon sun. The bath was very clean and is the typical one room does all guest house affair. It carries the slightly off smell of third world plumbing. Small bars of soap and shampoo packets are provided, always a nice touch in my book. The room has a good air con and they provided a fan at our request.

The Guest House:
The Pineapple is comprised of two side-by-side two story shop lots and the entire third floor of the building. It is the central shop in a building comprising about 8 shop lots. The ground floor has the office, which is where the you-keep-the-key lockers are provided for your valuables and the back portion of this provides the living quarters for Steve and his wonderful wife Lek (?sp) and a bunch of other family which I never quite figured out. Laundry is provide in the back of this section for the Karon beach standard price of 5 TBH / kg. The 2nd floor landing has the free-to-guest pc, the wi-fi working bits and a small reference library with travel guides etc. It is also where the bunk bed dorm is. The entire 3rd floor is guest rooms plus a small sitting area with the pulp library consisting of about 200 paperbacks.

In the adjoining shop is the restaurant / bar. It's more restaurant than bar but does have a nice selection of liquors. The food is good and priced to the Karon market. My only knock on the restaurant is I had to fight the mosquitoes every morning as I ate breakfast, no matter where I go they always seem to find me. They did not bother my wife or son.

The Environs:
The Pineapple is set in Karon Plaza, which is in the smaller of two commercial areas of Karon beach. The larger being at Karon circle. In between are the Mega resorts. The Plaza is at the intersection of the main road and the road to the beach. It is a leisurely 10 min walk to the beach. I'm sure a dedicated beach hound could sprint walk in less than 5. In and around the plaza are an assortment of restaurants, beer bars, guest houses, boutique hotels, tailors, t-shirt vendors, tour agencies, thai massage etc. Italian, Thai and Scandinavian food are ubiquitous. It seems there are more Scandinavians than locals sometimes. You can just follow the trail of these shops right to the beach. Someone said that Karon beach is the longest in Phuket, and it seemed that way to me. Maybe a two km long stretch of double depth lounge chairs and umbrellas set on a squeaky clean sand beach looking out into the Andaman Sea, or is it the Indian Ocean? Nice, but lots of people. I only gave 3 stars on the location because if you look you can find guest houses set in the trees away from the commerce.

The Recommendation: A great place to stay. The staff is great! Steve, Lek and the gang are always ready with helpful advice and a smile. The atmosphere is quiet and laid-back. I would stay here just to get to see them again. Plenty of the things you need are nearby. My only nit was the squeaky hinges on the bath door, woke me several times. I'm sure they would have fixed it, but I just never could remember until the next time I heard the noise. Farewell fellow traveler.

• Related to: Family Travel, Beaches, Water Sports
  • Written April 13, 2009

• Donna-Lee profile photo Donna-Lee
  • Reviews: 17

Patong Resort: good location

Happy with this hotel, 2 min walk to beach 5 min walk to Bangla Rd, heaps of great restaurants and all the shops you need close by.
Breakfast is everything you would want to start the day.
The staff are friendly and helpful.
I would stay there again and recommend it.

We had a complimentary 3 course meal in their restaurant, that was a nice and delicious surprise.

• Written August 19, 2007

• LeeLikesPhuket profile photo LeeLikesPhuket
  • Reviews: 2

several: Lower priced accommodation in the Bang Tao area

There are a few modest places in the area - it is not all upscale stuff.

Try Bangtao Lagoon Bungalow - as low as B500 in low season:

Try also somewhere like Bang Tao Chalet at:

A small, but still relatively modest, boutique bungalow place.

And also Andaman Seaview - about B1750 in June.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written March 23, 2008

• pgrin profile photo pgrin

Phuket

Tiaramia, I have lived in Kata now for three years. There is a hotel right on the beach for 500 baht per night. Any money you save staying in Phukettown will be spent on transportation back and forth and you will end up spending more. There is no need to pre book for June, you will only limit yourself. You can book a trip to Phi Phi when you get here. If you are really on a budget you are welcome to stay on my couch(free)
Pgrin

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written May 23, 2008

• judimc profile photo judimc

rooms: Patong - clean and cheap accommodation

Try Baan Tonsai Garden Resort in Patong. Its celan and cheap - about Baht 700 per night. Also has swimming pool. Staff are friendly. Has a cafe/bar as well. Web site: www.btonsai.com

Clean rooms. Hot water.
Cleanest swimming pool.
Friendly staff.

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel, Singles
  • Written May 30, 2008

• yozza2005 profile photo yozza2005
  • Reviews: 82

Casa Brazil: Karon's best kept secret

Casa Brazil is a new hotel located near Karon Beach, in Phuket.
Its distinct style is appealing and the rooms are luxurious.
It is safe and the staff are ever so helpful, catering to your needs.
They cook a fresh breakfast for you in the morning.
Casa Brazil is an ideal place to chill out or stay before heading out to Koh Phi-Phi.
Its located down a quiet street and within 500metres of a gorgeous beach. They will even pick you up for free from Kata.
Price is 700Bhat for double room inc breakfast.
Highly recommended.

breakfast
location
staff

• Written January 24, 2007

• Cathy&Gary profile photo Cathy&Gary
  • Reviews: 839

Phuket Kata Resort: Phuket Kata Resort

We have stayed at Phuket Kata Resort in a deluxe pool access room quite a few times now and they have great rates during low season!

All of the rooms around the huge green tiled pool are Deluxe pool access rooms. The rooms are good value for the price nice and can sleep 4 people. There is direct access to the pool from your balcony and I would class this as a good 3 star hotel.

It was also good to see lots of information in the room with warnings about swimming at the beach during low season due to strong current etc.

There is also another huge swimming pool with a swim up pool bar, spa areas and sun beds set in the water and a small lap pool at the back of the hotel. Breakfast is also good, lots of choices and everything was hot.

The hotel has secure parking and is in a fantastic location with Kata Beach only being a 5 minute walk away.

Phuket Kata Resort is sometimes called Kata Pool Lagoon on various websites but it is the same hotel!

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Singles
  • Written November 23, 2011

Phuket Kata Resort Deluxe Pool Access Rooms

• Fred_Lion profile photo Fred_Lion

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

PHUKET SEA RESORT: MULTIPLE THEFTS AND GUEST BEATEN UP BY STAFF

AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS! During our stay we personally witnessed the following:

- 3 rooms (including ours) were visited by THIEVES, the whole safe was hacked out of the wall. The hotel provided INSUFFICIENT SECURITY -only one guard for the whole complex, no cameras, nobody at the entrance in the night- with people bringing prostitutes to their rooms without even being asked a piece of ID.
The hotel was not insured for thefts and refused to accept responsibility for our (huge) losses, only offering to waive the stay charges against a total loss tenfold that amount!

- 1 GUEST WAS SERIOUSLY BEATEN UP BY THE HOTEL STAFF (!!!), over a minor argument, which I find incredible!!! I was at the police station with him when I reported the theft and he reported the aggression and I saw personally the bruises all over his face.
There is obviously a police report filed for this case, and I hope Brian (the Irish guy who was beaten) will sue the hell out of them!

The staff is extremely unfriendly, especially the ones working at the front desk.

The only nice person is the manager, Mr. Wan, who unfortunately couldn't do much as he had to report to the daughter of the owner (a certain Mr. Somchai who refuses to answer my complaint emails) and was forced to work under the constraint of saving money on the security...at the expenses of the guests.

I hope this review can reach as many potential clients as possible, as these people only deserve to be out of business.

Here's a link to my police report to prove what I've written above (same pics under photos):

• Written December 28, 2011

Police report 1

• rebeccacomment profile photo rebeccacomment

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sensive Hill: Most terrible Hotel in Phuket! Nightmare!

I normally don't write reviews about hotels cos I'm easy when I'm traveling. But the recent stay at Sensive Hill Phuket had tramatised me and my friends so much that I have decided to write a review to warn other travelers.
We were staying at Sensive Hill Phuket recently. Despite its good review, the room was horrible with its facilities. TV was spoilt, air con was spoilt, water dripping from ceiling, towels had moldy smell, water from tap was going on and off during our 3 days stay(imagine how I felt when I was bathing). No chairs at my balcony when I saw other guests' balconies have them, told the staff and he said I got to buy my own chairs (Yes, he did say that). Jacuzzi took 12 hours and it wasn't even half filled because of its spoilt tap.
Worst part is, when I feedback to their General Manager, Guy, he was utterly rude and impatient when I told him the problems. He said "So, that's all?" and dismissed me. I was totally shocked. Happened to hear another guest complaining to a staff about poor room facilities, the GM quickly walked away as if he didn't want to have anything to do with it.
This is the first time I have encountered such horrible service, especially after reading many good reviews from this hotel. I hope their hotel management can do something about it. Not a nice feeling when you get a horrible experience from a good reviewed hotel. We did not enjoy our 3-days stay at all.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average