Spring House Hotel

eDreams

Tags

Budget Travel Backpacking
See Amenities

one of the worst, theft, overchange dishones

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 17, 2011

Photo of the lobby of the hotel is a fake, if you dont believe it, just go see for yourself if it matches, you know your in trouble when a hotel is putting up fake photos of its Lobby already.

one of the worst hotel experiences of my entire life, items were taken from my room, and i was physically threatened, had to go to the police. witnesses available , overcharge , impolite and racist took my items as hostage and raised the price and told me if i did not pay the would not return the items to me.

Unique Quality: fake photo of hotel, racist towards non white guest.

Directions: red light district

Decent & Clean Budget Hotel but Untrustworthy

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 28, 2009

This is my second stay at this hotel. During my first stay at this hotel 4 years ago, they never keep the room for me eventhough I had confirmed my reservation by credit card through a local tour agent. I arrive from Cambodia late at night and it is full house. They said they never keep the room for me because I never informed them about my late arrival. So they shifted me to a "sister" hotel across the park for that night and the next morning brought me back to their hotel.

So I thought I needed to be extra careful for this second stay at this hotel this year. I emailed the hotel management and made a reservation 2 months ahead and got a confirmation for a large room (2 double beds) for US$30/night from Ms Hanh Tran. A few hours before I depart from my country, I gave them a telephone call to make sure that everything is OK. But when we arrived, they told us that their large rooms were fully taken and only left Deluxe room (1 double bed and 1 single bed). My wife and I had 2 young children with us. They charged me the same US$30 rate as the large room. I knew the Deluxe room only cost US$26 & Standard room US$20 when they email me earlier. Anyway I do not want to argue with them because I am only staying for a night and will be departing to Dalat the next day.

My advise to all other potential tourist is that this is a very decent & clean hotel. Plenty of hot water, good air-condition and with a small lift. Very good hotel location at Pham Ngu Lao area to get your travel arrangement sorted out such as bus ticket and city day tours from Sinh Tourist or Kim Cafe. Also plenty of restaurants. It is still worth staying at this hotel despite all those cheating habits from their hotel management. Just becareful with this hotel staffs. Determine your room rate and pay in USD rather than credit card. When encounter any hostility, don't argue with them. Keep on smiling and grining at them when you talk to them to state your point. I find that this method will soften their hostility towards foreigners, regardless whether they are Asians or Europeans.

Directions: Main street of Pham Ngu Lao Street

fiLination's Profile Photo

Spring House Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 20, 2005

Price : All sorts of rooms from 12$-25$ (I stayed in both the small 12$ and the much bigger 15$). A very clean hotel with a nice style.

Includes - A clean room with a big bed, Aircon, Fridge, hot shower, cable TV (HBO, Starworld etc.), elevator. All hotels offer booking and laundry services, but I`ve found it a LOT cheaper and better outside. Prices may vary depending on season.

Location : On Pham Ngu Lao st. Avoid the rooms facing the street.

mnhaus's Profile Photo

Swanky for PNL area

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 8, 2004

Nice place in Pham Ngu Lao area... satellite TV, hot water, clean western style bathroom with seperate shower. Our stay was great save for the construction going on just on the other side of our bedroom wall starting at 6:45am. Actually though one mention of this to the hostess brought a stop to it (or delay anyway) until more "decent" hours of the day.

Unique Quality: Location is nice - walking distance to everything in District 1.

Directions: Pham Ngu Lao area

Nearby Spring House Hotel

1 Photo of Spring House Hotel

Amenities at Spring House Hotel

• Free High Speed Internet

Ho Chi Minh City Travel Forum

Need advice about Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam? Visit the Travel Forum for Ho Chi Minh City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Ho Chi Minh City hotel reviews