VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Gold Coast Hotels

Our Members Say

• KevinMichael profile photo KevinMichael
  • Reviews: 405

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

D'arcy Arms: Great Motel for a Better Price

My wife and I loved this place!!!!!!!!! For a motel its excellent. Of all the places we stayed in on our Australian trip this one was THE BEST. It was cheaper than the other places but, more comfortable and it had the best service.<br/><br/>The owner of the establishment is an Irish immigrant, Fiona O'Hagan, and she still has the brogue. Sure, I may have gotten some kind of special treatment (I'm Irish America ... last name O'Neill), but regardless of that she was exceptionally kind and considerate. Well, what do I mean... <br/><br/>My wife and I had arranged to stay at D'arcy Arms for 2 nights. But, at the last momment we had to cancel our plans and only stay there for 1 night because we were still on Fraser Island. We did cancel that night by phone and rearranged to only stay overnight one night there.<br/><br/>After we got there, even though she had every right not to charge us for the night before, she didn't. She told us she didn't have to because another customer came in and asked for a room the night before and so she gave them the room that we had cancelled on. <br/><br/>She made us feel so welcomed. It was like being with family. She put a smile on our faces. Thanks Fiona.

They also have a swimming pool and hot tub.<br/><br/>D'arcy Arms has a great restaurant too. See my restaurants page on that.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average

• salisbury3933 profile photo salisbury3933
  • Reviews: 931

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Surf Parade Hotel: Handy to both Surfers and Broadbeach

We stayed in this complex which is located within walking distance of Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach (where there are quite a few restaurants located). <br/>The rooms are all holiday apartments with self catering facilities, and the complex also has a tennis court, a decent sized pool and spa as well, and is reasonably priced. <br/><br/>The resort itself is one block from the beach.<br/><br/>There is also a bus stop right outside with buses going to Seaworld and Pacific Fair shopping complex.

• Opinion of Price: about average