Grand Mercure Flinders Lane Apartments

Luxury Travel Business Travel Family Travel
See Amenities

Melbourne Airport Shuttle

by written on September 10, 2014

When you travel to Melbourne you can go to city with the guys from Melbourne Airport Shuttle. When I traveled to Melbourne I made a booking on their site 3 days before my arrival. At the airport I gave them a call 0390136665 to let them know that I am ready (I liked the way that they had a free phone inside the terminal in case my battery was going down), then they picked me up from the bus lane Groups and Charters and brought me in to the city in front of the hotel. Driver was friendly and he helped me to put the luggage in the bus.

On the way back from the city they were 5 minutes late from the time I booked but they informed me from the beginning that for a shuttle service there might be a delay for 10-15 minutes.

I was very pleased with their services and also that one transfer cost me $20 but at least they were very serious and picked me up on time.

Whoever wants to try it out, checkout their site at melbourneairportshuttle.net.au

alydescends's Profile Photo

Great hotel on Flinders Lane

by written on November 22, 2007

During my trip to Melbourne in June 2007, we stayed at the Flinders Lane Apartments, which is operated by the Accor Premier Vacation Club. The location was fantastic, as it was within easy walking distance to the local tram stop (including the free city circle tram) and also Flinders Street station. Many restaurants and shopping hotspots are also located nearby on Bourke, Collins and Swanston Streets, all of which can be reached within 10 minutes or so on foot. The rooms at the hotel were very comfortable, and are equipped with mini fridges, microwaves and dishwashers if you fancy a light meal or snack in the comfort of your room. However, be warned that the prices of drinks in the minibar are outrageously expensive (though probably no more so than many other hotels), but there is ample storage space in the mini fridge to store a few cans and bottles of your own. The bathrooms are very clean and spacious, and you can get opt to get a complimentary newspaper delivered in the mornings. As for the hotel staff, they are very friendly and helpful, and didn't even bat an eyelid when we requested a 6am check-out on the day of our departure! They were also very helpful with regards to arranging taxis and tram timetables for us. All in all, I would very much recommend this hotel to anyone who wanted clean, comfortable accomodation in close proximity to Melbourne's shopping and dining hubs, as well as trams and trains.

Directions: Coming down Flinders Street (not to be confused with Flinders Lane), turn into Elizabeth Street and then into Flinders Lane.

traceandjase's Profile Photo

Grand Mercure Hotel Melbourne

by written on October 24, 2005

What a surprise luxury find this hotel is!!
This hotel is done a minor road in Melbourne (Little Collins St) at the business end of town.
The entry is lovely, although you'd pass right by it when you walk in.
Check in was prompt, staff are friendly and our room awesome.
Our room, an apartment style, the kitchen included a two burner cooktop, microwave, fridge (including stocked mini bar), tea and coffee facilities, toaster and dishwasher.
There is a separate sitting area with flat screen tv, dvd and stereo.
The bedroom has another flat screen (both have limited foxtel and two free to view movie channels) tv, king size bed (awesome linen) and generous wardrobe.
The bathroom has a bath and shower.
I'd totally recommend this hotel. Although it was almost fully booked, it was very quiet and we couldn't hear anyone else. We even had breakfast (a great brekky too) alone in the restaraunt downstairs.
The location is awesome, a block from great shopping and a couple of blocks from the casino and aquarium.

Unique Quality: The rooms are great. The location central.

Nearby Grand Mercure Flinders Lane Apartments

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Melbourne Travel Forum

Need advice about Melbourne, Australia? Visit the Travel Forum for Melbourne and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Melbourne hotel reviews

Novotel Melbourne on Collins
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
Somerset On Elizabeth
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Jasper Hotel (Formerly Hotel Y )
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews