Palm Grove

See Popular Hotels

Below average at best!

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 14, 2014

We went to Raro in Dec 2013, we were there for 7 nights, beachfront bulgolows were AWESOME and serviced daily, except Sundays when they only changed tghe towels.
Resturant was average at best - when the resturant superviser was there the staff were great, when they wernt they were terrible, chatting out the back to eachother, having no food options or simply closing early! Going for dinner at 7pm I thought was normal, but nope - CLOSED! Lunch was the same issue, I went without my parnter for lunch at 1pm - CLOSED, however they did make me a pizza which I had to take back to my room and it was TERRIBLE! Stale bun and SLOPPY! The thought makes me feel ill!
Lagoon was beautiful, plently of pamplets for activitys in reception.
NO WIFI in the bungalows! So dont expect to be able to skype for cheap when your in your room!
The plasma TV only had one channel which was A LOT of adds about acitvitys to do in Raro.

Overall it was a place to stay but wouldn't be on my 'lets go back' list!!

Add to your Trip Planner
shortbutkute's Profile Photo

Good value

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 12, 2006

We had 3 nites at Palm Grove before flying to Aitutaki for 10 nites.

Originally I wanted something that still had "character" but not too expensive as the next place we were staying at was stretching our budget. I did a fair bit of research and in the end got quite confused with the amount of accomodation options and advice on Rarotonga.

I was also tossing up between the beachfront bungalows and the garden studio at one stage. At the time, the price difference was about $50aud extra a nite. Seeing the positions of the buildings once there, I was glad that we went for the garden studio. Purely as a cost issue.

The main part of the resort is actually across a road from the beach. It is a 2min walk if that. If you want to wake up with the view of the beach, then definately the beach bungalows looked great.

You can get some great package deals with air and accomodation, which makes your holiday a lot cheaper

Unique Quality: We gave the restaurant and especially the bar a pretty good work out. Put it this way, we didn't end up eating anywhere else for dinner whilst we were there. The food was fantastic and the service was great.

Only downfall I can think of (and this may have changed since 2003) - when we arrived in Raro it was about 9.30pm. The restaurant at Palm Grove had closed and without getting a taxi, there was no where we could even get a snack. Like I said it isn't major but if you HAVE to eat, be prepared.

Add to your Trip Planner
brookiem Jan 14, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Lagoon was beautiful, plently of pamplets for activitys in reception.

Overall it was a place to stay but wouldn't be on my 'lets go back' list!!

Nearby Palm Grove

• Suites
  • Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge

Rarotonga Travel Forum

Need advice about Rarotonga, Cook Islands? Visit the Travel Forum for Rarotonga and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Rarotonga hotel reviews

Explore Deeper into Rarotonga
Tinomana palace
Visit the Saturday market
Things to Do
The best way to experience Rarotonga by sea.
Pokata Marae
Raina Beach
Vaka Village
Cook Island Library and Museum
Things to Do
Local institution with great view
Avarua market
Avarua
Muri lagoon
Things to Do
a new cool restaurant in rarotonga
Restaurants
Great location, great staff!
Venture out at Night!