Cayman Islands Hotels

Our Members Say

• xcheckers profile photo xcheckers
  • Reviews: 39
Hyatt Grand Cayman: Hyatt is great for families

Luxury accomodation on/next to 7 mile beach. Tons of facilities in a lush, beautiful setting. This is where parts of 'The Firm' were filmed. Beautiful pools.

Some rooms could use refurbishing and the service here is not always up to traditional Hyatt standards. We got stuck in the elevator twice in 10 days and the inside phones did not work and help didn't come quickly. Also, it took forever to have things fixed in the room. It's a great property, but the service should be better.

If you are not in the incredibly expensive beach suites, know you will have to walk through an overpass to get to the beach, but it is protected.

The views, pools and lush garden setting are the highlights

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel, Spa and Resort, Beaches
  • Written July 8, 2003

• theresa474 profile photo theresa474
  • Reviews: 8

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Marriottq: Marriott

We didn't care for this hotel. The hotel was along the beach, but you walk down the steps to the water, and there's no beach. The chairs are in the water, no joke. The restaurant at the hotel had great food, the staff was only somewhat friendly, the halls smelled of mildew. Needless to say I will not stay there again.

Great view from the restaurant, The Pelican.

• Written September 21, 2003

• sirhc profile photo sirhc
  • Reviews: 24

The Pools: Away from the Beaten Path

We stayed at a condo called the Pools. It was very nice and each unit had its own swimming pool. The Condos were set against the bay on the secluded north side of the Island about a 45 minute car ride from the tourism of 7 mile beach. Several restaurants were close at hand and in walking distance. A small beach at Rum Point also had a restaurant and an excellent place to swim and just relax.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Diving and Snorkeling, Beaches
  • Written April 9, 2006

• HunniB profile photo HunniB
  • Reviews: 2

Turtle Nest Inn: Relaxed Apartments Right On Beach

We loved our stay at the Turtle Nest Inn. Alain and Marleine are wonderful hosts. The apartment was clean and spacious with wonderful views of the water. The patio steps of our beachfront apartment steps led down to the pool and further to the beach and couldn't have been any more convenient for getting some sun.

There is a washer and clothes dryer available which came in quite handy.

The location is a bit out of town but we preferred that.

Alain and Marleine arranged for Andy to go out for the day fishing with one of the locals and I think that may have been the highpoint of the stay for Andy.

I would recommend this place for anyone looking for self-catered accommodation with great views. Using the kitchen for some meals helped to keep the budget in line. Eating out a lot on the island can add up quickly.

The best quality of the Turtle Nest Inn has to be the graciousness of Alain and Marleine. Very helpful and full of wonderful suggestions and ideas about things to see and do as well as places to eat, etc. Without them, the place would have just been another beachfront apartment.

• Related to: Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written December 5, 2007

View Out Our Apartment Door

• Jester632 profile photo Jester632
  • Reviews: 2

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sunset House: Simple, friendly dive resort

I have stayed at the Sunset House every time I visit the island. The hotel is simple, well maintained, clean and the staff is friendly. If you are looking to stay at a luxury resort on a white sand beach, this isn't the place for you. There is no beach here, but the shore diving is excellent. Sunset house is within walking distance to downtown George Town.

There is a great bar at the hotel called My Bar. It’s a great place to hang out after a day of diving, meet people from all over the world and watch the sunset. The hotel also has its own dive shop with a fleet of well equipped dive boats. They offer a dive inclusive package that gives you a small discount.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written May 26, 2007

• jonkaren3 profile photo jonkaren3
  • Reviews: 104

Wyndham Sunshine Suites: Aim to Please

The Wyndham is working very hard to welcome guests back while continuing to rebuild after Ivan's destruction. We arrived at around 1:30. One of our rooms was ready, and the other was not. Check in is 3:00, and our second room was ready by 3:00. The rooms have been freshly painted, and polished. Brand new bed spreads, but a mixture of furnishings. A few of the promised amenities were absent such as a CD player in the room. If we had asked, I'm sure one would have been provided. The management, Mike and Frank in particular, went out of their way to please. We appreciated their effort so much, that we invited them to dine with us on our last night. Our stay during this soft opening, was truly amazing. From the every night Happy Hour, to the many friends we made. The only thing that I will complain about was the bed pillows. They had an unpleasant odor. It bothered me enough to wrap a bath towel around it. The grounds looked great. The pool was wonderful, and the patio furnishing were all new. The dive lockers had not been rebuilt yet. A small inconvenience since there is no elevator! The dive gear is heavy, you know! The continental breakfast was much more then continental!! All of the staff was friendly and kind.

One main reason we chose this hotel was because of the kitchens. It really saves a lot of money to prepare your own meals. The section of Seven Mile Beach across the street, is the most beautiful (In my opinion)

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Luxury Travel
  • Written July 10, 2005
Tip Photo

Looking toward the pool from the hotel's balcony.

• Courtney5882 profile photo Courtney5882
  • Reviews: 24

Turtle Beach Villas: Best Villa on the Island

This villa was awesome. We had a lovely villa with a kitchen, living room, large master bedroom with bathroom. The sofa was a sleeper and there was also bunk beds, as well as, another bathroom. We had a screened in porch with a large table, lounge chairs, and floats.

Nice pool with 5 steps down onto the gorgeous 7 Mile Beach.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written August 2, 2006

Streetside of the Villa

• RayB73001 profile photo RayB73001
  • Reviews: 6
We normally stay at either the...

We normally stay at either the Anchorage or the Tarquynn Manor. Both are condos on the northern end of Seven Mile Beach. We usually get a two bedroom/two bathroom condo with all the luxuries of home.
We go in the summer when prices are cheaper. 2 bedroom/2 bathroom condo runs about $1000 a week.

Both have beautiful stretch of beach. The Anchorage is walking distance from Cemetary Reef.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written August 26, 2002

• Scubalover profile photo Scubalover
  • Reviews: 9
We stayed at the new Holiday...

We stayed at the new Holiday Inn. It was nice, clean, in a great location (right across from the beach and lots of activities), and affordable too!

Nice big pool in back, and the rooms were large and very clean.

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written August 26, 2002

• Rubidia profile photo Rubidia
  • Reviews: 15

Many Hotel Reviews

Having visited almost all of the hotel properties on Grand Cayman, I would say that there is something for everyone.

Here are some properties

• caymanguy2375 profile photo caymanguy2375
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Treasure Island Resort: Roach Headquarters Grand Cayman

This is a hard one to write. Brings back chills just thinking about it. Planned this trip with all of the details outlined before hand. We arrive to find a room infested with roaches. When I say infested, its not like we saw one or two roaches. The night we stayed there, there were roaches coming out of every cabinet once the sun went down. Roaches even got into our luggage!

They apologized and said they would move us to another room. A few nights later, my Wife is taking a shower and encounters the biggest ROACH I have seen in my life. I even hesitated to kill it (thought it might eat my flip flop). With this we decide to cut our Month stay short.

They apologize profusely and say they will provide me with a refund for the days missed plus comp a couple days to make up for the roach encounter. Well I bet you can guess what happened, 2 months went by and still no refund.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written May 4, 2010

• punkpin profile photo punkpin
  • Reviews: 77

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Westin Resort: Nice Hotel

I booked my stay during hurricane season, so my rate was significantly lower. That said, the hotel is a high end resort that, like any other high end place, includes nothing (with the exception of beach towels and lounge chairs). Prior to my stay I read a lot of complaints that there were charges for everything. While that is true, it should not be unexpected since it is not inclusive. If money is an issue, you can go across the street to arrange for excursions (through Captain Marvin's), for water and beer (at the liquor store, grocery store or Captain Marvin's) and a little cheaper food at Eats Cafe.

I also read complaints about the staff prior to my arrival. I had no problems with the staff. In fact, I found them to be very friendly and accomodating. We ate dinner our first night at Casa Havana. While quite expensive, it was excellent. I wasn't feeling well, so I cancelled my entree (after I had finished an appetizer) and they packed my boyfriend's entree to go so he could leave with me. The chef even offered to make me chicken soup.

The only negative thing I can say (aside from the island being expensive in general) is the rooms smell very musty/moldy (as can be somewhat expected in a very humid environment). Hopefully the hotel management will catch on that they should remove the carpet (which tends to absorb moisture and odor) and tile the floors. That should help with the odor.

You can snorkel right off the beach. The hotel is located on the best part of 7 mile beach. As you look at the ocean from the hotel, there is a great snorkeling spot to the right near a buoy. You can also rent jet skiis for a "jet ski safari" which is great fun and a better deal than renting one for 1/2 hour.

Lastly, the spa is fantastic. My boyfriend and I had a couples massage. While expensive (with tip it was almost $300 USD), it was phenomenal.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written June 14, 2008

• leongarf profile photo leongarf
  • Reviews: 45

Comfort Suites: Great Place In The Center of Seven Mile Beach

Service at the hotel was great. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Not oceanfront, but I would rather be sitting on the beach than staring at it from my hotel room....just a few steps from the sand. Hotel has a cool bar with good drinks and food near the pool and hot tub. I will definately be staying here during my next trip to Grand Cayman.

They have a Don Foster's dive shop located at the hotel.

• Related to: Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling