Cayman Islands Hotels

Our Members Say

• jonkaren3 profile photo jonkaren3
  • Reviews: 104

Treasure Island Resort: Great Pool

Just me and hubby, so we cheaped it from Expedia.com and got a great deal at Treasure Island Resort which is the Hotel part. After a $100. credit for food, our Hotel room for a week ended up costing $200.! That's total - for the week! I would have stayed in the trunk of a car in Cayman for 200 a week!
The room itself was in need of some work. The dresser drawers would fall out of their tracks, there was no water pressure and the room smelled very musty. Still worth it for 200 bucks? You bet!

The best feature of the hotel, was their pool(s). It was awesome! Swim-up bars, water falls, hot tubs! It was great.

• Related to: Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling, Budget Travel
  • Written December 29, 2004
Tip Photo

View of the pool from our balcony.

• jonkaren3 profile photo jonkaren3
  • Reviews: 104

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Treasure Island Resort: Only in Cayman!

Since we were here to dive, we didn't want to spend big bucks on a hotel room we weren't going to spend much time in.

The resaurants Hooks and Athena's had good food, but small portions.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Beaches, Budget Travel
  • Written December 29, 2004
Tip Photo

Please do not hang DIVE equipment from fixtures

• Rubidia profile photo Rubidia
  • Reviews: 15

Many Hotel Reviews

Having visited almost all of the hotel properties on Grand Cayman, I would say that there is something for everyone.

Here are some properties

• caymanguy2375 profile photo caymanguy2375
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Treasure Island Resort: Roach Headquarters Grand Cayman

This is a hard one to write. Brings back chills just thinking about it. Planned this trip with all of the details outlined before hand. We arrive to find a room infested with roaches. When I say infested, its not like we saw one or two roaches. The night we stayed there, there were roaches coming out of every cabinet once the sun went down. Roaches even got into our luggage!

They apologized and said they would move us to another room. A few nights later, my Wife is taking a shower and encounters the biggest ROACH I have seen in my life. I even hesitated to kill it (thought it might eat my flip flop). With this we decide to cut our Month stay short.

They apologize profusely and say they will provide me with a refund for the days missed plus comp a couple days to make up for the roach encounter. Well I bet you can guess what happened, 2 months went by and still no refund.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written May 4, 2010

• punkpin profile photo punkpin
  • Reviews: 77

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Westin Resort: Nice Hotel

I booked my stay during hurricane season, so my rate was significantly lower. That said, the hotel is a high end resort that, like any other high end place, includes nothing (with the exception of beach towels and lounge chairs). Prior to my stay I read a lot of complaints that there were charges for everything. While that is true, it should not be unexpected since it is not inclusive. If money is an issue, you can go across the street to arrange for excursions (through Captain Marvin's), for water and beer (at the liquor store, grocery store or Captain Marvin's) and a little cheaper food at Eats Cafe.

I also read complaints about the staff prior to my arrival. I had no problems with the staff. In fact, I found them to be very friendly and accomodating. We ate dinner our first night at Casa Havana. While quite expensive, it was excellent. I wasn't feeling well, so I cancelled my entree (after I had finished an appetizer) and they packed my boyfriend's entree to go so he could leave with me. The chef even offered to make me chicken soup.

The only negative thing I can say (aside from the island being expensive in general) is the rooms smell very musty/moldy (as can be somewhat expected in a very humid environment). Hopefully the hotel management will catch on that they should remove the carpet (which tends to absorb moisture and odor) and tile the floors. That should help with the odor.

You can snorkel right off the beach. The hotel is located on the best part of 7 mile beach. As you look at the ocean from the hotel, there is a great snorkeling spot to the right near a buoy. You can also rent jet skiis for a "jet ski safari" which is great fun and a better deal than renting one for 1/2 hour.

Lastly, the spa is fantastic. My boyfriend and I had a couples massage. While expensive (with tip it was almost $300 USD), it was phenomenal.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written June 14, 2008

• HunniB profile photo HunniB
  • Reviews: 2

Turtle Nest Inn: Relaxed Apartments Right On Beach

We loved our stay at the Turtle Nest Inn. Alain and Marleine are wonderful hosts. The apartment was clean and spacious with wonderful views of the water. The patio steps of our beachfront apartment steps led down to the pool and further to the beach and couldn't have been any more convenient for getting some sun.

There is a washer and clothes dryer available which came in quite handy.

The location is a bit out of town but we preferred that.

Alain and Marleine arranged for Andy to go out for the day fishing with one of the locals and I think that may have been the highpoint of the stay for Andy.

I would recommend this place for anyone looking for self-catered accommodation with great views. Using the kitchen for some meals helped to keep the budget in line. Eating out a lot on the island can add up quickly.

The best quality of the Turtle Nest Inn has to be the graciousness of Alain and Marleine. Very helpful and full of wonderful suggestions and ideas about things to see and do as well as places to eat, etc. Without them, the place would have just been another beachfront apartment.

• Related to: Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written December 5, 2007

View Out Our Apartment Door

• eliowny profile photo eliowny
  • Reviews: 63
Harbour Heights: Perfect Calm

This is an absolutely wonderful place to stay, as long as you are looking for peace and quiet. The condominiums are all privately owned and decorated, very spacious, with balcony or patio. I remember a nice, if small, kitchen, and two separate bedrooms with sepatate bathrooms. Probably very expensive though!

Wonderful location, on the best part of 7 mile beach (though may be all built up now -- used to be next to a public beach and not surrounded by huge hotels). Walking distance to Holiday Inn, if you want to rent some water sport aparatus, but quiet, low key, nice pool, table tennis... some of my fondest childhood memories (if not all of them) involve this place.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written July 4, 2003
Tip Photo

Sigh .. I wish I was there now ...

• caymancic profile photo caymancic
  • Reviews: 6
Holiday Inn: Local guest houses

On 7 mile beach road. Has access to beach but you have to cross the street but a good and less expensive place to stay. Run my good people. The old HI was the best but it is memory now. Try local guest cottages. Lots of them. The nice thing about guest houses they are run by the people of CI and they can give you the best tips for the island. Some are located directly on 7 mile and I know of one in town on the beginning of 7 mile beach. You may not have a pool or expensive bar but what you gain!

Good pool and the best for island access. Get a car for 1 or 2 days and see the island after your first day in the sun and your burned. Yes, it happens easily. So be careful and over block.

Price depends on season

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written July 5, 2003

• xcheckers profile photo xcheckers
  • Reviews: 39
Hyatt Grand Cayman: Hyatt is great for families

Luxury accomodation on/next to 7 mile beach. Tons of facilities in a lush, beautiful setting. This is where parts of 'The Firm' were filmed. Beautiful pools.

Some rooms could use refurbishing and the service here is not always up to traditional Hyatt standards. We got stuck in the elevator twice in 10 days and the inside phones did not work and help didn't come quickly. Also, it took forever to have things fixed in the room. It's a great property, but the service should be better.

If you are not in the incredibly expensive beach suites, know you will have to walk through an overpass to get to the beach, but it is protected.

The views, pools and lush garden setting are the highlights

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel, Spa and Resort, Beaches
  • Written July 8, 2003

• theresa474 profile photo theresa474
  • Reviews: 8

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Marriottq: Marriott

We didn't care for this hotel. The hotel was along the beach, but you walk down the steps to the water, and there's no beach. The chairs are in the water, no joke. The restaurant at the hotel had great food, the staff was only somewhat friendly, the halls smelled of mildew. Needless to say I will not stay there again.

Great view from the restaurant, The Pelican.

• Written September 21, 2003

• RayB73001 profile photo RayB73001
  • Reviews: 6
We normally stay at either the...

We normally stay at either the Anchorage or the Tarquynn Manor. Both are condos on the northern end of Seven Mile Beach. We usually get a two bedroom/two bathroom condo with all the luxuries of home.
We go in the summer when prices are cheaper. 2 bedroom/2 bathroom condo runs about $1000 a week.

Both have beautiful stretch of beach. The Anchorage is walking distance from Cemetary Reef.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written August 26, 2002

• Scubalover profile photo Scubalover
  • Reviews: 9
We stayed at the new Holiday...

We stayed at the new Holiday Inn. It was nice, clean, in a great location (right across from the beach and lots of activities), and affordable too!

Nice big pool in back, and the rooms were large and very clean.

• Opinion of Price: