Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo

See Popular Hotels

Tags

Water Sports Whale Watching Spa and Resort
See Amenities

Great resort with a lovely beach.

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 2, 2008

Stayed the first week of March 08. The weather was great, it rained a couple of times for 10 min. or so and was warm and sunny the rest of the time.

The resort is very beautiful and clean. It's grounds are immaculate; tall palm trees, velvety grass and colourful flowers. The beach is wide with a light golden sand and clear water. Can snorkel near shore, lots of fish and some corals.

Our room was kept clean. The main Buffet and the à la carte restaurants were very nice, had a good selection and attentive staff.

I would recommend this resort to beach lovers, for a quiet rest in an exotic setting with comfort and luxury.

Add to your Trip Planner
marielexoteria's Profile Photo

Unspoiled beaches

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 4, 2007

When I was there it was only called El Portillo. Great place to be! They had so many activities we didn't have time to "rest" haha. They served the 3 big meals plus snacks at midday and midnight. My friends and I liked best to be able to bike, the aerobics class before lunch and the variety of water sports they had. At the time I couldn't swim so I only dared do kayaking (first time!). The hotel was then so isolated that we had problems getting a mobile signal - which was great! that really made us disconnect from the world.

Add to your Trip Planner

Nearby Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo

Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo

• El Portillo Beach Resort
  • Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo Hotel Las Terrenas

Address: Carretera las Terrenas, El Limn Km. 4, Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic, Caribbean

5 Photos of Gran Bahia Principe El Portillo

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Las Terrenas Travel Forum

Need advice about Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic? Visit the Travel Forum for Las Terrenas and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Las Terrenas hotel reviews