- Reviews: 5522
Villa Herencia: HISTORIC SPANISH STAY
I chose this hotel because it looked like a small, quiet and historic house. I was right. It was built in 1885 when Puerto Rico was part of the Spanish Empire. It was originally temporary accommodation for nuns arriving from Spain. They have 8 unique rooms with the original wooden floors and vaulted ceilings. Each room is also decorated with antique furniture and paintings by local artists. The beds are very comfortable and the hotel is absolutely quiet.
The rest of this amazing bed & breakfast is something to see. The reception has beautiful tiled floors, a high ceiling and a guest bar. It’s actually an ‘honour’ bar. You help yourself and write down what you drink. Available 24 hours a day. The breakfast room truly shows its stately age and is full of local artists’’ paintings and antiques. The buffet is very good and relaxing.
Upstairs is the massive rooftop sun deck. It has a variety of places to sit and even sleep in the sun or under cover. You will share the sunlight with several local cats that live on the adjacent roofs. They will not bother you if you don’t like cats, but will instantly be your friend if you are a cat lover. This is a great place to stay. I had a wonderful night’s sleep, a great breakfast and a bit of sun worshipping on the roof with several friendly cats. It’s also a 2-3 minute walk to the heart of Old San Juan. Highly recommend by me.
There are more photos of this hotel on these pages:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
• 8 uniquely decorated rooms in an historic old building in central Old San Juan
• Great location, beds and its always quiet
• Breakfast buffet included, 24 hour self-serve bar
• Walking distance to the Cruise Ship Terminal
• Beautiful rooftop sun terrace, library and breakfast room
• Premium bedding, Air conditioning, all non-smoking
• Each room is uniquely furnished and decorated
• Free Wi-Fi, TV, hair dryer
• Room types: Classic Queen, Comfort King and Sundeck Suites
- Reviews: 99
The Normandie Hotel, San Jan: Budding Boutique Hotel
Lovely hotel. Lovely staff ... I think this hotel has gone through a renovation, but it is perfect if you are not going to spend a lot of time in the hotel room.
- Reviews: 1
Old San Juan Westin: Taking a cruise
Nice hotel, no complaints
Food is outstanding, and the bar service and quality of drinks were excellent.
Walking distance to the major cruise terminals in San Jun
Has a decent casino on the first floor
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
Explore the World
- Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel
- Hotel Golden Tower
- Abbey Apartments Brisbane
- Fremont Plaza Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero
- Best Western Premier Hotel Slon
- Barcelo Club del Lago
- Kempinski Hotel Gravenbruch Frankfurt
- Pannonia Med Hotel
- Hotel des Artistes
- Merrill Field Inn Anchorage
- La Quinta Augusta
- Killarney Guest House
- Schlosshotel Im Grunewald