U. S. Virgin Islands Hotels

Our Members Say

• Courtney5882 profile photo Courtney5882
  • Reviews: 24

Secret Harbour Beach Resort: St. Thomas' Best Resort

Our hotel was fabulous. It is on the small side, but gives you the feeling of seclusion and relaxation. Make sure you stay in one of the beach front suites. We had a master bedroom, bath, living room with 2 sleeper sofas, fully stocked kitchen, dinning room, balcony with table and lounge chairs.

The hotel has a pool on the hill overlooking the beach front suites and Nazareth Bay. Behind the pool on the hill is the oceanview suites. The beach is beautiful and has some of the best snorkeling right off the beach. There is a swim dock, scuba store, shopping boutique, bar, restaurant, and massage therapist. Everyone who works at the hotel is incredibly nice and they even have a manager's party every Tuesday, an oppurtunity not to be missed.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Diving and Snorkeling, Beaches
  • Written August 2, 2006

Kitchen in Hotel

• HotSpotJ profile photo HotSpotJ
  • Reviews: 512

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bluebeards Castle: The Legendary Castle

I've never stayed there, only visited, though I have tips for those who might want to.

Legend has it that the pirate Bluebeard built this castle for his wife, Mercedita. When he found out she had cheated on him, he killed her and left never to return. Some legends even have him married six times, killing each, witht the seventh killing him, though, in the only known reality,this place was a watch tower that assisted the Fort Christian fortress built by the Danish in the 1670s.
Fort Christian is one of the oldest buildings on St. Thomas, and you can stay on the grounds by renting a timeshare from the resort. A website is listed below for contact info.

• Related to: Beaches, Fishing, Sailing and Boating
  • Written April 12, 2005

Bluebeards castle

• cbogacki profile photo cbogacki
  • Reviews: 7

Maho Bay: Eco-tourism at it's best

I felt like I was in a MASH tent. Not like my bivy but not like a luxury spa/suite....for me....it was the perfect mix of both! We ate in the restaurant quite often, as you need to bring your own food as shopping was scarce in 1997.

Great view, electricity in tent.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: National/State Park
  • Written October 13, 2004

• Robert96 profile photo Robert96
  • Reviews: 10

Estate Lindholm: Intimate Cruz Bay B&B

For a first class, charming alternative to resorts or villas try Estate Lindholm. It is located on a hill side north of Cruz Bay. The Harbor View rooms do have great views of Cruz Bay and Pilsbury Sound. Even our shower had a great view of the sound!
The gardens are lush and beautiful. The pool and breakfast area are dominated by a large Frangiapani tree where birds like to gather.
The owners, Lauren and Brion, were very helpful and freindly. If you need advice all you need to do is ask.
Our room was clean, bright and had AC. Some people find that AC is critical in the Tropics for a good nights sleep. I am not one of those people.
Estate Lindholm is a ten minute walk to the town of Cruz Bay. Each night we walked into town for dinner. Check out Estate Lindolm's website, and trust me when I say ti does not do this great B&B justice,

Great views, beautiful garden, resonable prices (for St. John), and wonderful hosts.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Beaches, Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written May 19, 2004

• ZIMETMUS profile photo ZIMETMUS
  • Reviews: 32

Starlit Escape: Hidden Treasure in Coral Bay

We rented this apartment (1/2 house) in Coral Bay and it was the perfect get away. The setting was charming quiet and out of the way.

Private location with wonderful pool and wonderful hosts.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, National/State Park, Hiking and Walking
  • Written July 10, 2004

Starlit Escape

• Super_Dave profile photo Super_Dave
  • Reviews: 4
We stayed in the Gallow's...

We stayed in the Gallow's Point condominiums overlooking St Thomas from the island of St John. They had everything you could ask for in these two story dwellings. All the modern conveniences are provided: fully furnished living quarters with a kitchen, refrigerator, microwave, dishes, cooking pots & pans, utensils, cable TV, phones, and fans.
There was even a six pack of Red Stripe waiting for us in the 'fridge.

As I described above, you have all the modern conveniences of home in a beautiful setting overlooking the Caribbean Ocean.

• Written August 26, 2002

• seaponics profile photo seaponics
  • Reviews: 7
We stayed in an open air room...

We stayed in an open air room that overlooked the sea and not another lodging. The accomodations were perfect: roomy, big bed, bathroom room in general and warm and inviting.

Rockefeller's 65' Henkley sailboat was there for excursions day or evening, wow. The day trip included snorkling (diving off the ship) and a delifully prepared meal. We sailed to St. John and Peter's Island, it was a blast.
Then, on another day, the hotel packed 2 baskets of food and wine and a motorboat took us to a deserted island and left us to our own devises, so, well use your imagination!

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written September 2, 2002

• ChefSalt profile photo ChefSalt
  • Reviews: 16
Bring lots of money

When Traveling through the VI you'll find Hotels to be very expensive $500 and up
there are some less expensive places to stay however for your safty I wouldn't recommend it.
If you go to St John( big * ) hit the camp ground at Cinnimon Beach
its the best beach on St John and you can stay there for about twenty bucks per night
they have some tents on raised platforms to rent that I highly recommend for just a few bucks more
also on St John your Safe no matter where you go or at what time you go there.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written October 26, 2002

• dwainwri profile photo dwainwri
  • Reviews: 2
Westin Vacation Club, St....

Westin Vacation Club, St. John
We stayed at the Timeshare - 2 bedroom, 3 bath with kitchen, quite reasonable if you own timeshare! Hotel room available also. Among the nicest resorts we've EVER stayed at!
no idea - we were on a timeshare exchange

Immaculate beach, fabulous pool, activities, lighted tennis courts, beautiful grounds

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written August 24, 2002

• cobaltlite profile photo cobaltlite
  • Reviews: 11
I'd like to thank the friendly...

I'd like to thank the friendly and helpful staff of Sapphire Beach Resort for their top-notch service. We visited them from 3/11/01-3/17/01. I just couldn't wait to tell you how wonderful it was.

Their Seagrape Restaurant and their Steakhouse were wonderful. The fish was fresh and the steaks were juicy. The Desserts were tasty as well.

The rooms were wonderful and spacious. The cleaning staff was meticulous. The kitchen had everything that I could ever need except food, ofcourse. We went to Red Hook's Marina Market to buy food to cook and drinks.

The view from our room was so beautiful that we sat in our living room at night just looking out. We also made great use of our patio and Sapphire Beach. Sapphire also has events that you can take part in (live entertainment, Shop Talk, and an Orientation).

When it came time for us to go to Coral World, St. John, Charlotte Amalie and Mountaintop, we went to the Front Desk area to get a Cab. There were always cabs waiting to take us out because VI Taxi is based in Sapphire Beach. Normally the fares are posted.

I thoroughly enjoyed my vacation and I look forward to my return. Thanks Sapphire!!!!

Close to Red Hook Dock and great view of St. John

• Written August 25, 2002

• monica71 profile photo monica71
  • Reviews: 485
Danish Chalet Inn: Good place for a short stay

This is another good option for people who want to stay downtown or are in St Thomas for a short stay before moving on to other islands. Danish Chalet Inn is a nice B&B. It looked clean and well maintained from the outside.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive