Art Hotel

johngayton's Profile Photo

Cheap But Pefectly Functional

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 25, 2008

There was absolutely nothing wrong with this little hotel whatsoever - in fact once I'd decided to stay a second week I didn't even bother looking for anywhere else and just continued my stay here. Though I should note that I actually got a better deal through booking.com than the hotel itself offered me!!

My little en-suite single room was perfectly adequate with a comfortable bed, air-con (which I didn't bother with), quite a modern-looking TV (once again which I didn't bother with), fault-free internet connection (which I did take full advantage of), and whilst a little careworn was spotlessly clean.

I wasn't quite sure what the "Art" bit was all about, though my bathroom door did have a squirly sort of stained glass motif and there are little "arty" touches about the place, but then my cheap little single room perhaps didn't showcase the hotel at its best and some of the larger rooms did look quite swish.

The multi-lingual reception staff are friendly, helpful with advice and very laid-back - in fact when I checked-in in the evening (having booked online) the night manager didn't even bother with registering me, just handed me my key and asked me to complete the formalities in the morning.

The advertised buffet breakfast is served in the restaurant across the road (quite literally) and whilst not quite a full-blown repast is perfectly adequate - what you get is a ticket for 2 Leva which is sufficient for a coffee and a couple of pastries and if you want more then you can always pay the odds (it's certainly cheap enough!).

The only disadvantages perhaps are that the hotel is on three floors with no lift and payment has to be in cash (Leva or Euro preferably), but niether of these was a problem in my case.

Unique Quality: As a city centre hotel The Art Hotel is perfectly placed: about a 10 minute walk from the railway station and almost on the main "fountain square", across from which the local buses stop on the way out to places such as Golden Sands and the airport.

This will definitely be my first choice on subsequent visits unless I win the lottery (which once again I don't bother with!).

Directions: Preslav Str dog-legs up from across the road to your right from the railway station and the hotel is on your left just before the main square. Note though that the start of Preslav isn't signposted anywhere - the first signage is about half-way up!!!

Add to your Trip Planner

Nearby Art Hotel

Art Hotel

• Art Hotel Varna

Address: 59, Preslav Str., Varna, Varna, 9000, Bulgaria

4 Photos of Art Hotel

Varna Travel Forum

Need advice about Varna, Bulgaria? Visit the Travel Forum for Varna and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Varna hotel reviews