Aphrodite Beach Hotel

Tags

Hiking and Walking Women's Travel Diving and Snorkeling
See Amenities
greekcypriot's Profile Photo

A Dreamy Stay – Top Notch Cypriot Hospitality!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 4, 2016

So happy to be back for 4 nights once again at this property on this last trip to Cyprus!
It happens to be one of my favourite family hotels in this part of the island and I keep coming back for the last 8 years that easily, I dare call it “home”.

LOCATION: I was dropped off outside the hotel by the lorry that ends out at the Baths of Aphrodite. The bus stop is actually one before the end of the route.
It only cost me €13 in all from Larnaca to reach here using the InterCity Bus to Limassol continuing with the same Company to Paphos from the ‘new port’ bus station. I got off in Paphos at ‘Karavella’ central station and took the bus #622 for Polis. Upon arrival there was a corresponding mini bus #645 to the Baths of Aphrodite passing through Latchi. So simple and cheap but be sure to check the timetable to assure that you don’t have to wait long for the corresponding buses.

FAMILY BUSINESS: The secret behind the excellent comments, the popularity of this little business and the many awards is the result of hard work and respect to customers. Repeaters like me who keep coming back for years, get acquainted with other repeaters and the feeling of such stays become more interesting.

CHECK-IN: Gregoria the owner is like a sister to me and a good friend by now. I was greeted as always warmly and offered a refreshing drink. Finally, escorted by the owner to my room which was actually one of the suites located above the main building where her own ‘home’ is. Truly a welcoming surprise that I highly appreciated.

STAFF / SERVICE: Members of the family like ‘Yiayia’ as guests call her –the owner’s Mother, is there contributing as much as she can. Last year’s waiter staff have been replaced but Alexandros the Chef keeps surprising us with his Greek and Mediterranean cuisine. The result is excellent after the team work they provide. It is amazing how all this positive energy flows throughout the premises!

HOUSE KEEPING: A bunch of ladies most I know for years, punctual and friendly. At times they care to put a flower in the room to make guests feel more comfortable and welcome.

ROOM: Just above the main building, a corner suite, impeccably clean and humble. The highlight was the breathtaking view, and the huge common terrace. I loved the suite and spent time out there if I were not out sight-seeing.

The white linen were fresh and crispy and the king-size bed was comfortable and relaxing. I never used the air conditioning but slept the whole evening with the double glazed window-door open (protected by the door’s net). There is nothing like the sound of splashing waves against the shore during the evening and I could enjoy all this all four nights.

There was a common sitting room, area that could be shared with the other two ladies whom we were acquainted through our repeated visits. A smartly furnished spot where we could watch TV or work if we wished, but I never bothered switching on the TV, or sit out there, although I had my coffee/tea facilities on the kitchen bench and used the small refrigerator to keep fruit and water, cool. Indeed this was a very inviting part of the upper floor.

The bathroom was tiny but functional with a walk-in shower cabinet. The little stand on the wall (open cupboard) proved handy as I could neatly store all the little tubes and brushes, we ladies usually carry along. The hotel does not provide toiletries so have this in mind and carry your own.

WI FI: Complimentary and fast throughout the premises.

BEACH: How I love the beach at this specific spot! Crystal clear waters, and the marvel was that the weather was exceptional so most of the time I was out there swimming and sunbathing.
It is a pebbled beach so do carry along a pair of swimming shoes. Don’t expect shallow waters in Latchi so kids should be supervised. Depending on the season, you might be lucky enough to come across turtles as they come out to lay their eggs on the beach.

BREAKFAST: Breakfast is taken on the upgraded terrace which enjoys the most stunning and breathtaking views of the bay of Polis.
Ample of choice with many of the fruit and vegetables coming from the family’s orchard. I loved the super quality and varieties of homemade marmalades, each with its own flavour and exceptional taste. I don’t have a sweet tooth, but these were extremely fresh, flavoursome and irresistible.

BUFFET: I was on H/B skipping lunch when I am out travelling so I never joined lunch buffets here, but at dinner time the buffet was truly rich and varied. Always meat but also fish dishes, lots of salads and appetizers and variety of dessert every night, plus seasonal fruit. The wine list is interesting and worth giving them a try. Cypriot wines are very popular and exceed in quality and taste.

CHAPEL: The little chapel of the Virgin in the premises is offered for religious ceremonies, weddings and christenings.

OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES: Hiking is very popular in the area, so depending on the season guests can follow the different trails that are close by. Rare plants such as the Cyprus tulip and cyclamen, fascinate botanists, while geologists can marvel majestic rock formations derived from millions of years’ old oceanic crust.

IN ALL: I enjoyed 4 memorable nights out here in this small family hotel that stands out for its first class customer service, authentic Cypriot hospitality and unique location. If you come here once, I bet you will return. Give it a try and I am sure you will have a memorable stay. See you there next season!

Add to your Trip Planner
greekcypriot's Profile Photo

As Always Excellent, Homely, Simply Great!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 28, 2015

This property is in my heart and in the course of years it is like returning home each time.

I recently spent 3 amazing nights at this friendly family business hotel which by now I dare call “Home”.
So nice to be back indeed.

CHECK-IN: The welcome was warm as always and nice to see my friend Gregoria once again. Luckily the time I arrived she was not that busy, I was offered a cool drink and we had an extended friendly chat before I get the keys to my room. The property is extremely popular with repeaters.

LOCATION: With less than 2 km from the Baths of Aphrodite it is in a very convenient location especially if you come here by local bus. I caught the bus from Paphos to Polis (#645) and then the corresponding mini bus for Latchi to the Baths of Aphrodite (#622) and I was dropped off outside the hotel. In fact that morning I left from Larnaca to Limassol at 7:30 and then to Paphos. I reached the hotel by 1:30pm with a total cost of just €13.00.

THE OWNERS: Hard working people with much passion behind their property, professional and always with extra care for their guests. Through the years and every time I am back I notice the progress made. Step by step, year after year with endless hours of hard work.

STAFF:The owner and her staff are very attentive. They work as a team. They will go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. They are there for you always with a nice word, huge smiles and eager to know how you enjoy your stay, if there is anything more they can do about.

SERVICE: Impeccable. Very friendly as always….nothing is too much for them. You feel like home here and this makes the difference. You need to meet Santos to see what a loveable guy he is. Two ladies joined in and Simona quit but I miss their names right now. Don’t be surprised if you see the owner around giving a hand too but also members of the family like Grandma and Argyroula the daughter.

BEACH: The Beach of Latchi stands out as one of the best in Cyprus. Clear turquoise waters so inviting that you cannot help just watching them. You want to jump in even if the water is cool.

The beach is pebbled so better carry along a pair of swimming shoes if your feet are that sensitive. The water gets deep right from the first few steps and kids should be supervised. For children who know how to swim it is a joy for snorkeling or kayaking. Depending of the time of visit if you are lucky you might spot Green Turtle tracks too. Turtles lay their eggs in nests on the beach during the night in this area depending on the season of course.

ROOM: I had the same room as the previous time, overlooking the garden and the chapel of the hotel. With a pleasant surprise the first thing I noticed upon stepping in was the protective net attached to the balcony door. It was something missing all these years. Thus I could sleep with the door wide open without being bitten by mosquitos, and this time I could sleep over the sounds of the waves lapping against the beach. No need of course to use the air condition not even once.

Beds, mattresses, quilts and curtains are new as most of the rooms have been refurbished not a long time back. Have in mind that a small fridge will be provided upon request with a small fee. Sheets are changed every 3 days while towels daily. One or two things that are not provided are beach towels, shampoo, plastic caps and shower gel, so better carry your own.

The bed was comfortable enough, the ladies from the maintenance cared to have the room decorated with a tiny pot of flowers every day. The balcony is not that wide but it can easily fit a rotunda and 2 chairs. Attached on the wall there is a tiny clothes-horse to dry towels, and bathing costumes. (You can ask for a kettle if you wish but better bring your own tea or coffee as this is not provided free). I loved taking my coffee out by the balcony in the afternoon overlooking the Rock across the Baths of Aphrodite in the distance. Depending on the time, day or afternoon and the weather condition, the colors of the sea change and the rock across Aphrodite Baths seems much closer.

BATHROOM: Upgraded bathrooms with bathtubs, normal size, neither big nor small. Towels are blue and are changed daily. The only trouble is the noise coming from the fan in the toilet every time the light is on. I just avoided to switch it on if not needed and between us the room has much light luckily so this was something minor.

WI FI:As from the previous year internet access is provided free of charge in all rooms and it is fast too.

CHAPEL: For religious ceremonies, weddings and christenings there is a chapel in the hotel as from last year.

BREAKFAST: The variety of the buffet is rich and varies depending on the season. The buffet includes many seasonal produce which comes from the orchard of the owners which is opposite the hotel. Vegetables, fruit, marmalades are all homemade and fresh. The restaurant’s terrace has been upgraded since last year, so there are no more umbrellas over our heads. Instead shade comes automatically with the press of a button.
The terrace is simply great now and the view is breathtaking. Guests can enjoy magnificent view of the bay of Polis.
The restaurant’s terrace has been extended at the back and there is another room added just below for different activities.

DINING: The Chef of the cuisine is still Alexandros with a long background experience. I was on H/B so every night the buffet was a surprise. There are fish and meat dishes daily also a few of them are vegetarian ones, several dips, desserts and seasonal fruit. There is much variety to choose from, with the wine list being a bonus. Cypriot wineries produce excellent wine of high quality which I urge you to try here, or you could ask for the home’s wine which is good and cheaper too.

ACTIVITIES: There are trails to explore if you love trekking which are very close to the hotel.
Guests can also get to the Bath of Aphrodite which is less than 2 km on foot and see the place where the goddess of Love took her bath. It is one of the highlights in the area too.
The small fishermen harbor in Latch also worth visiting for a stroll, perhaps have some meze and try some Ouzo, or get there early in the morning for a boat trip. There are different kind of trips (half day) sunset trips, or BBQ trips.

MASSAGE: Get to Polis and arrange an appointment for the most relaxing massage you had ever had in your life. (Ambiental Touch)The team of therapists and healers are a bunch of professionals with many years of training and experience. I know them well and I can assure that they are the best in the area. You will find them at Ambiental Apartment, Stasioikou A 7, Prodromi, Polis, at the traffic lights next to the DIY shop. Tel:+357 9633 2778. (I highly recommend them)

POLIS:Take a stroll in the centre of Polis which is beautiful. You will be amazed with the number of restaurants and café bars you will come across. There is also a small, very old church that worth visiting if you get there, but other than these there is not much to see in Polis.

TO CONCLUDE:The 3 nights I spent here were once again memorable. What I appreciate is that through the many years of visiting I noticed so many things changing to the benefit of guests. The Aphrodite Beach Hotel has turned to be a unique choice for relaxing holidays the year round for families, couples, and groups of all ages and interests. The location is excellent, the service exceptional, the rooms humble but functional, the food great. In all, it has the whole package and for all the above that I mentioned I highly recommend it.

Add to your Trip Planner

• Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Polis Travel Forum

Need advice about Polis, Cyprus? Visit the Travel Forum for Polis and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Polis hotel reviews