Hostel 99

whirledpeas0621's Profile Photo

Almost Like Home

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 18, 2007

I stayed in nothing but hostels during my back packing trip in Europe. Hostel 99 is extremely unique. There aren't any doors, but levels. "Private" rooms aren't private, but we didn't stay in those, anyway. Our room was one large room that was sectioned off into four areas. It was co-ed, which made me uncomfortable at first, but, in the end, the people we met were fantastic. My bed was next to my friend's, and behind her was a pair of guys travelling from Jersey and a girl travelling from Toyko. Next to me on the other end were two fellows and their dad from Canada. When we stayed, it wasn't a party atmosphere (which was great to me), just a lot of really great people.

Unique Quality: The lights in the bathroom are motion sensored. We had to wave our arms around a lot in the shower to keep the lights from turning off!!! This was difficult since one hand had to remain on the button to keep the shower going (laughable). Also, there are no truly private rooms because there aren't any doors. This is a great hostel to meet people, though.

Directions: From the train station, we took a bus (which was not necessary!). The people who walked from the train station got there at the same time and saved some money, too. Walk in the direction of the town, and you'll see the hostel on your left.

frankcanfly's Profile Photo

Hostel 99

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 29, 2005

This is one of those 'party' hostels. There are plenty of people going in and out at all hours. The location is great, practically built into the castle walls.

kit_mc's Profile Photo

A place for backpackers

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 6, 2005

This hostel is one of the cheapest options in Cesky Krumlov. We managed to get a double room, at 300 crowns each. I'm not a big one on backpacker hostels as I'm kind of past those days now, but there weren't many other options available and for one night, what the hell.

The room was basic but comfy enough. My main problem with this place was that none of the rooms had any locks on them. Plus, to get through to our room, we had to walk through a dorm room of five beds.

One thing I don't like though is when a non-native is behind the check in desk in these places. It suggests that it's run by foreigners, for foreigners and there is very little mixing with locals. I suspect that is the case here.

In the end, it was much what we'd expected. I'd read before that this place is used by BusAbout tours, which had put me off, but it's cheap and you get a good enough deal for the price.

Unique Quality: It's well located just within the walls of the old town, everything was very clean and bedding was also provided in the price.

The place has cheap internet access.

A bar and restaurant are in the attached building and breakfast is available there. This is advertised as being open until very late but closed by about 10pm when we were there. There are cheaper and nicer bars available in town.

Directions: Just within the old town walls, at the top of a street called Latran.

Nearby Hostel 99

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Cesky Krumlov Travel Forum

Need advice about Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic? Visit the Travel Forum for Cesky Krumlov and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cesky Krumlov hotel reviews

Hostel Merlin
Ruze Cesky Krumlov Hotel
Best (5.0 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
Hostel Skippy
Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
Pension Danny
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Pension Ve Vezi (In the Tower)
Hostel Ryba

Trdelník
Local Customs
Shop Signs
General
A restaurant beside the river
MARIONETTE MUSEUM