Amiot Hotel

See Popular Hotels

Tags

Singles Budget Travel Trains
Colinde's Profile Photo

Mixed feelings about this place

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 12, 2015

Overall I had a pleasant stay, except of two things. First: the elevator in the hotel is more broken, than in use. During my stay of 5 days, the elevator was out of order for 3 days. That's not very nice when your room is on the 4th floor. The second unpleasant thing is the area where the hotel is located, or better said: the people who are hanging out. The location itself is very nice; right in front of Gare de l'est, easy access to the metro and lots of bistro's, restaurants and bars around the hotel. The people who were hanging out around the stations and around the busstop in front of my hotel didn't really give me a safe feeling though. It was throwing a shadow over my stay in Hotel Amiot.

The single room that I booked, was nice and clean and I even got a double bed to sleep in. Every day there was a fresh bottle of water in my room which for me felt like luxury. There's also the possibility to make some coffee or tea in your room. The bed itself was wonderful; I've slept like a rose on the lovely thick mattress!

I didn't use the breakfast in the hotel as I always love to eat outside of the hotel, so I have no idea what the breakfast is like over here. As I said; overall I was satisfied, and I would recommend this place to others. Don't stay out too late at night though; or take a taxi back home to your hotel.

Add to your Trip Planner
chaYangshu's Profile Photo

Affordable, Clean, Location, Good Stay In Paris

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 23, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel twice, Dec. 2009 (5 nights - 300 euro) and July 2011 (8 nights - 505 euro). Found at Galahotels.com, cheaper than other websites, about 100-200 euros. Bed, tv, shower, breakfast (coffee/tea, white bread, cerials, croissant, butter, jam, juice, yoghurt, fruits), tiny lift, stairs, safe in closet, heater. Very helpful and friendly staff, nice people to talk to! Money's worth, especially of the location, location, location.... You can go to the Metro as you get outside the hotel, choose of 3 metro lines going different directions! 2 railway stations nearby, next to Gare del'Est and only 15min walk to Gare du Nord (access to Airport Charles Du Gaulle). Several bus stops outside, bus nr. 350 takes you to the Airport in an hour. Restaurants, bistros, fast-food, MONOP-grocery store across the square behind the corner. I have ONLY been 2 times in Paris - YET - but I will get back and when I do - I will stay in Hotel Amiot again! Why change if you are pleased with something and don't crave for luxury but a good night sleep after a very long day in Paris?!?
Minus: The Bathroom stinks of fungus (each time I have got sinuitis for getting exposed) and the house really needs a good restauration, it is an old house like the others around the neighbourhood!

Unique Quality: Get a room with a view to the street - you do not have to open the tv! ;-)

Add to your Trip Planner

Nearby Amiot Hotel

Amiot Hotel

• Amiot Hotel Paris

Address: 76 boulevard de Strasbourg, 10th Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75010, France

9 Photos of Amiot Hotel

View Professional Photos

Paris Travel Forum

Need advice about Paris, France? Visit the Travel Forum for Paris and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Paris hotel reviews